Jefferies Gone

Proven manager like Jefferies was?

I'm not saying appointing a proven manager = success, of course it doesn't but, as I said, considering what's at stake this season for The Pars, it surprised me that people are happy with a rookie.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't he leave before the Airdrie game then if it wasn't his team? He was still the manager and made the calls. Or did he? How do we actually know just because Potter and McCann seemed to be barking orders while JJ was slumped in the dug-out? The assistants giving orders goes on quite a lot in football. Maybe Jefferies had picked the team and chucked it when we went behind early on and Potter/McCann saw this and had to take control? No-one actually knows what happened, who picked the team etc and would be unfair to base Potter and McCann's reign on this assumption that they were the ones in control against Airdrie.

Who "highly rates" Potter and McCann as youth coaches? The classic line in bullshit for youth coaching, a job at which everyone on Scottish football is apparently great, while never actually being judged on their outcomes.

Totally agree. We as a country are apparently swimming in good youth coaches but no good youths

Well done Jim - you've done the right thing:

BOARD STATEMENT – JIM JEFFERIES

Tuesday, 16th Dec 2014[/size]

The current season is pivotal to the long term survival and sustainability of our club as a full time team, so the Board felt action had to be taken to improve our immediate league position, and in turn increase our chances of promotion to the Championship.

J

this seems to be the crux,remaining full time.you would think with what the clubs been through they'd be happy to accept having a club and team to watch in a Saturday even if its part time instead of acting like Billy Bigbaws.almost smacks of rangers,were too big a club to be playing where we are and should be playing in a higher division

this seems to be the crux,remaining full time.you would think with what the clubs been through they'd be happy to accept having a club and team to watch in a Saturday even if its part time instead of acting like Billy Bigbaws.almost smacks of rangers,were too big a club to be playing where we are and should be playing in a higher division

One thread wasn't enough to make your point? You must be working yourself in to some state in a desperate attempt to believe all that.

So one man's opinions reflect the entire club and fanbase? I'm sure most managers in this league would say their club should be playing at a higher level. What elae are they going to say?

I'm not saying appointing a proven manager = success, of course it doesn't but, as I said, considering what's at stake this season for The Pars, it surprised me that people are happy with a rookie.

Jim McIntyre was a 'rookie' in terms of management and he guided us to a league title. At least John Potter has some coaching experience behind him.

Archived