Jefferies Gone

Potter was ranting and raving like a madman on Saturday, and from the safety of his own technical area he even seemed to be offering Gary Bollan a fight at one stage.

Oozing class.

My money is on the Valleyfield boy.

Wasn't even close to the hounding out that Iain Munro, Jocky Scott, Bert Paton, Dick Campbell, Davie Hay, Jim Leishman, Stephen Kenny, Jim McIntyre to name a few got.

Some of our supporters have a ridiculously inflated opinion of the influence they have on the board.

That's what I thought - Jocky Scott had a lynch mob after him!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we're arguing that we wanted him gone. More that it's ridiculous the club made the decision based on a P&B thread rather than, say, watching us be pish for most of the season with their own eyes.

He's gone because he's done a terrible job in 2014. Not because of the fan reaction, although I'm sure it didn't help his cause any.

Potter was ranting and raving like a madman on Saturday, and from the safety of his own technical area he even seemed to be offering Gary Bollan a fight at one stage.

Oozing class.

I bet Potts would punch f**k oot of him, tae.

Seemed like it was Potter and McCann taking the team on Saturday, didn't see Jefferies out the dugout once (a change from his usual permarage stuff). I'm not one of those 'he must be out ranting at players to show he cares' people but if you're losing from the 2nd minute and 3-0 down after 65 and you're not out trying to change something then you're either A) not giving a f**k B) clueless or C) handing over the reigns to your 2 coaches, which is obviously what he was doing. And if that's anything to go by, then best of luck.

So, the decsion was based on a handful of Dunfermline supporters voicing their opinion on a fans' forum, not what was going on the field? Every single manager before Jefferies has faced more angst IN PERSON than the man himself. We haven't even heard chants from fans telling Jefferies to GTF or anything like that as well. Absolute nonsense to suggest he was hounded out over the internet.

Dunfermline fans buying this was Jefferies stepping aside?

When it is quite clear the importance of promotion this season and the fact the statement even mentions 'the Board felt action had to be taken to improve our immediate league position'.

My thoughts exactly, looks like he's been punted but has been handed the chance to say he walked giving him some "dignity".

I think in different circumstances he would've been out much earlier after his two playoff failures. Given the circumstances of him sticking around during administrations kept him in the position a bit longer. His career was pretty much a huge fail at Dunfermline giving failure after failure - although he did manage them through challenging times. There is no doubt he under performed.

Even if fans hounding him online out was the cause... Is it a bad thing? If fans oppose their manager crowds will fall as seen in the game against Stranraer with a crowd of 1436. It looks to me that people defending him are taking some type of "super fan" approach.

(A section of) Dunfermline fans had their reasons for wanting rid of JJ and it's not my place to say if they are right or wrong. Just as it wasn't Pars fans place to tell us to stick with McDonald.

What I would say though, I find it quite surprising that they appear to be happy that in a pivotal season that means so much for the future of the club, that they are happy with the appointment of Potter & McCann until the end of the season.

Now I'm not saying Potter is a disastrous choice, I wish him well (except against us obviously), however with their being such an importance on bagging promotion this season I though all connected with Dunfermline would have been looking for some sort of proven managed to take over the reigns until the end of the season at least.

(A section of) Dunfermline fans had their reasons for wanting rid of JJ and it's not my place to say if they are right or wrong. Just as it wasn't Pars fans place to tell us to stick with McDonald.

What I would say though, I find it quite surprising that they appear to be happy that in a pivotal season that means so much for the future of the club, that they are happy with the appointment of Potter & McCann until the end of the season.

Now I'm not saying Potter is a disastrous choice, I wish him well (except against us obviously), however with their being such an importance on bagging promotion this season I though all connected with Dunfermline would have been looking for some sort of proven managed to take over the reigns until the end of the season at least.

I partly agree with this, mainly because I think having 2 people in charge doesn't work. On the other side of that though appointing from within is maybe a better option during the season in their situation as they'll know the players and the youth players that they may need to use and wont need much time to settle in.

I think in different circumstances he would've been out much earlier after his two playoff failures. Given the circumstances of him sticking around during administrations kept him in the position a bit longer. His career was pretty much a huge fail at Dunfermline giving failure after failure - although he did manage them through challenging times. There is no doubt he under performed.

Even if fans hounding him online out was the cause... Is it a bad thing? If fans oppose their manager crowds will fall as seen in the game against Stranraer with a crowd of 1436. It looks to me that people defending him are taking some type of "super fan" approach.

We've had worse crowds for midweek cup replays tbf.

Proven manager like Jefferies was?

I partly agree with this, mainly because I think having 2 people in charge doesn't work. On the other side of that though appointing from within is maybe a better option during the season in their situation as they'll know the players and the youth players that they may need to use and wont need much time to settle in.

It's not two people in charge. It's Potter assisted by McCann. Unless you're saying any club with an assistant manager has two people in charge?

I think it was obvious that JJ had all but given up on Sat. I've never seen him not jump up and down on the touchline.

the team had more of the JJ feel about it. Injured Geggan, Millen and lack of width.

I really really hope Potter and McCann change tactics and formation to something more suited to the players. I wish them well but there was a major difference on Sat in terms of involvement from JJ.

Will McCann still be doing his Sky stuff? Not very good for us if he turns up at half time when he's the assistant.

Archived