Jefferies Gone

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not necessary, we're going to pop down and join you next season.

Nah, f**k that. We'll get you in the play-offs, pump you like we always do, even when we're shite, and Potter to fly kick someone's granny. See you later this season.

Was told tonight by a guy with no reason to lie that JJ had lost the dressin room, had fell out with McCann and was rarely at training.

I was genuinely disappointed seeing Jefferies reaction when we beat Stenhousemuir last season and pushing Kerr in the face.

I'm possibly putting two and two together and getting five but this combined with Kerr getting punted after signing a new contract, Morris getting dropped for crucial playoffs, the Page situation, Josh losing the captaincy and the constant picking of Geggan and Millen and lack of Williamson points me to think that he isn't a good man manager at all and is perhaps a bit of a bully type dinosaur who likes to shout and bawl at players.

While sometimes you need a kick up the arse a young side trying to get confidence this will not work.

Especially when you have examples where his choices backfire.

One example. Whittle is playing really well, he signs an old pal in Grainger. Whittle gets put out the side without reason and get pulled off and shouted at on TV for not tracking back. Grainger comes on and ends up getting sent off. What happens next....

Grainger gets a run in the team.

Sorry but this guy isn't right for our team, have a suspicion about Moffats lack of form and how quiet and unconfident he looked in the penalty incident with Ugwu.

I know most of this is just assumption and feeling but I do feel over the years there has been a pattern.

Yes man up etc, take getting shouted at. Sorry but it's clear this hasn't worked and IMO he has lost the respect of many of the players. Isn't it coincidental that the more aggressive louder players seem to be first picks?

Reading Potter's comments on the site does give me confidence they will have new ideas for the team. Always think it's telling when the new guy barely mentions the man he's replacing. Think Potter may have been rather miffed to not get the job before the season started.

John & Neil have very different ideas about team selection, tactics & formation. I know this for a fact. Obviously it remains to be seen whether their selections, tactics & formation will prove successful, but they will be different.

Way to blame the fans jum.

He has a point. I've read posts on here about protests to remove him as manager etc........the atmosphere if we lost on Saturday would've been horrible. He's done the decent thing to try & avoid that situation. Can you not see that?

Find it hard to pick any fault with what Jim says - as football interviews go it seems pretty open and honest. I think a lot of his post match stuff was just bluster and posturing - he really doesn't seem to be all that detached from reality after all.

Remember McCann turning up at Station park (cant remember if it was last year or this) with around 15 minutes to go, found it baffling why he even made the trip in the first place. Basically like one of your gaffers at work coming into work for the last 10 minutes of your shift.

John & Neil have very different ideas about team selection, tactics & formation. I know this for a fact. Obviously it remains to be seen whether their selections, tactics & formation will prove successful, but they will be different.

Go on then,how do you know it for a fact?

Remember McCann turning up at Station park (cant remember if it was last year or this) with around 15 minutes to go, found it baffling why he even made the trip in the first place. Basically like one of your gaffers at work coming into work for the last 10 minutes of your shift.

Basically, it's not the same at all.

Sky Sports pay far more to McCann, no one has any issue with that taking more importance, the fact he bothers to turn up even if it is for just 15 minutes is decent.

Archived