20/12 ... Whitehill Welfare v Spartans

Rab B Nesbit

https://flic.kr/p/bJ6xiZ

https://flic.kr/p/cEz7T9

Here you are Grim, this is the nearest station, hope it keeps fine for you ;)

Thank you Mr M, most illuminating, I've even managed to save that 1 pic, you know the one 3 pics on from the BeeSlack Stables, for some erm research I'm doing, you know the one of the scantily clad woman, it was either a very cold day or she was extremely pleased to see you, my money is on the weather. But thanks that'll come in handy on some cold dark nights, for research purposes only.

See you at the match on Saturday, if I've had any sleep by then.

Right must dash this research won't finish itself

Grimbo

Thank you Mr M, most illuminating, I've even managed to save that 1 pic, you know the one 3 pics on from the BeeSlack Stables, for some erm research I'm doing, you know the one of the scantily clad woman, it was either a very cold day or she was extremely pleased to see you, my money is on the weather.

Grimbo

If you can tell all that from the back you're a better man than me. She's only a 1/4 mile from Fergie Park so she'll be changing into her wellies shortly.

Don't go bashing the bishop on match days now my friend.

1914-2014 Football Remembers. Saturday's 52 page special edition match programme for the visit of Spartans in the Lowland League Cup. Featuring an article on the village of Rosewell and World War 1 produced in conjunction with Lasswade High School. On sale at the gate priced £2. Kick off is 2pm at Ferguson Park.

post-35012-14189263188497_thumb.jpg

1914-2014 Football Remembers. Saturday's 52 page special edition match programme for the visit of Spartans in the Lowland League Cup. Featuring an article on the village of Rosewell and World War 1 produced in conjunction with Lasswade High School. On sale at the gate priced £2. Kick off is 2pm at Ferguson Park.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418926315.052302.jpg

Looks good Rabbery. I always buy 2 of our programmes (to inflate the figures), So I'll spend my Christmas bonus on a couple theof programmes.

Grimbo

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418926315.052302.jpg

a wee collector's item that one by the look of it. Good effort.

by the way did you know Great Uncle Fred won the Military Cross for saving 100 men.....

.... he shot the cook!

nice tweet from Whitehill:

WWFCgoldbadgewee_bigger.jpgWhitehill Welfare@whitehilwelfare 1h1 hour ago

Sir Peter McGauley says to stop phoning the club he's trying to put the nets up ... GAME IS DEFINITELY ON. Kick off 2pm v @spartansfc

here is the latest picture of Sir Peter in the Welfare Club...

attachicon.gifsir peter.jpg

Ha- telling the rest of us how to put the nets up more like.......

I was a tad late, I'm making a wee habit of that eh? At least I didn't miss any goal this time. Talking of missed goal, it was good to see Mr T. Bam present at the match seeing has theirs had been postponed.

The pitch was a bit soft but it was still playable which must have been a boon to all concerned.

I got a warm reception off Mickey on a very cold afternoon, although the sun was shining bright enough in the 1st 1/2 to make me go across the far side so as there wouldn't be a problem with the sunlight in to the camera. 2nd 1/2 the sun & clouds allowed to me to stay in the warmth of rich glowing football humour, on the dark side.

It was weird seeing Danny "the dizzler" in the WW colours though & he & Beezer had a fair old war of the words going on in the 1st 1/2. I (jokingly) said (at 1/2 time) to the "neutrals" that Danny would give us a penalty in the last minute & that almost came true, crikey o'reilly I felt like russell grant.

2 Good football teams did battle on the pitch, warriors both of course, 2 very good keepers on display, our young lad (Blair Carswell) was a very late call up seeing has Swainy got injured in the warm up. Some game to get your debut but well done lad, in with a shout of Man of the match too. That said there wasn't our usual goal fest of chances.

The magic moment for me in the 1st 1/2 was when our Beezer out muscled Seethrough to almost score an header. I've never seen Beezer score an header & that would have gone in my hen's teeth collection but alas it was not to be.

WW had a goal scratched but I was too far away from the action to see what the infringement was?

1/2 time & it was all square.

2nd 1/2 & with us kicking down the slope in to the deep end, I felt it was coming, although it was that cold I could hardly feel a think.

Willie Bremner has been exceptional this year so I was pleased that it was he that got the goal, not that I would have moaned had any of our other players scored btw.

It's always good to come away from Fergie's park with a win & much christmas jollity was partaken in the Malt later, because of the extra hour I consumed far more than I usually do, not that I'm able to count after 9pm anyway.

Great game played on a tricky surface as it cut up more & more in the 2nd 1/2 & outstanding team performance from all our players, everyone was a contender for man of the match & it was good to see Sammy is continuing to develop the younger lads by rotating our squad each week. Tommo got the man of the match award & I have to say that's the best performance I've seen of him, he's looking very strong & was a commander & even a commando.

Because of the extra ales & I've got to go out the highlights won't be available until much later of maybe tomorrow.

Grimbo

Good report grim missed the bit out about use gettin batterd the whole second half though!! Willie by far ur best player and well done to beezers for out jumping me at back post ( out muscled abit ott) haha never got the breaks in there box seems to be abit of a habbit for us ww lads hard game considering only played couple games past months but u don't score u can't win , well done spartans , plenty more battles ahead ????

I was a tad late, I'm making a wee habit of that eh? At least I didn't miss any goal this time. Talking of missed goal, it was good to see Mr T. Bam present at the match seeing has theirs had been postponed.

The pitch was a bit soft but it was still playable which must have been a boon to all concerned.

I got a warm reception off Mickey on a very cold afternoon, although the sun was shining bright enough in the 1st 1/2 to make me go across the far side so as there wouldn't be a problem with the sunlight in to the camera. 2nd 1/2 the sun & clouds allowed to me to stay in the warmth of rich glowing football humour, on the dark side.

It was weird seeing Danny "the dizzler" in the WW colours though & he & Beezer had a fair old war of the words going on in the 1st 1/2. I (jokingly) said (at 1/2 time) to the "neutrals" that Danny would give us a penalty in the last minute & that almost came true, crikey o'reilly I felt like russell grant.

2 Good football teams did battle on the pitch, warriors both of course, 2 very good keepers on display, our young lad (Blair Carswell) was a very late call up seeing has Swainy got injured in the warm up. Some game to get your debut but well done lad, in with a shout of Man of the match too. That said there wasn't our usual goal fest of chances.

The magic moment for me in the 1st 1/2 was when our Beezer out muscled Seethrough to almost score an header. I've never seen Beezer score an header & that would have gone in my hen's teeth collection but alas it was not to be.

WW had a goal scratched but I was too far away from the action to see what the infringement was?

1/2 time & it was all square.

2nd 1/2 & with us kicking down the slope in to the deep end, I felt it was coming, although it was that cold I could hardly feel a think.

Willie Bremner has been exceptional this year so I was pleased that it was he that got the goal, not that I would have moaned had any of our other players scored btw.

It's always good to come away from Fergie's park with a win & much christmas jollity was partaken in the Malt later, because of the extra hour I consumed far more than I usually do, not that I'm able to count after 9pm anyway.

Great game played on a tricky surface as it cut up more & more in the 2nd 1/2 & outstanding team performance from all our players, everyone was a contender for man of the match & it was good to see Sammy is continuing to develop the younger lads by rotating our squad each week. Tommo got the man of the match award & I have to say that's the best performance I've seen of him, he's looking very strong & was a commander & even a commando.

Because of the extra ales & I've got to go out the highlights won't be available until much later of maybe tomorrow.

Grimbo

ye couldve popped in for a pint or 2 !!!

for the size of the crowd not many of you did ?

we take more behind the bar from the D&G teams :whistle

we shouldve had someone in front of your big guy up front (Douglas ?) to stop him from knocking the header on for yer goal and still dont know why tosh s goal was ruled offside i was right in line. hey ho some ye get some ye dont just wasnt our day.

as you say a good game from both teams though for some reason i wasnt up for the usual ww spartans game.

most prob cause im still in the huff over the way the league cup is dictated,i think playing you time and time again season after season takes its toll :blink:

great effort from jamie for the programme though :)

ye couldve popped in for a pint or 2 !!!

for the size of the crowd not many of you did ?

we take more behind the bar from the D&G teams :whistle

we shouldve had someone in front of your big guy up front (Douglas ?) to stop him from knocking the header on for yer goal and still dont know why tosh s goal was ruled offside i was right in line. hey ho some ye get some ye dont just wasnt our day.

as you say a good game from both teams though for some reason i wasnt up for the usual ww spartans game.

most prob cause im still in the huff over the way the league cup is dictated,i think playing you time and time again season after season takes its toll :blink:

great effort from jamie for the programme though :)

I dare say the D&G lads come up on a bus and can get away with having a pint whereas the Spartans fans probably came by car and with the law being recently changed and the busies out in force for Christmas perhaps they decided not to risk it....

I mean, I'd be scared asking for a mere orange juice in a place like Rosewell! :lol:

I dare say the D&G lads come up on a bus and can get away with having a pint whereas the Spartans fans probably came by car and with the law being recently changed and the busies out in force for Christmas perhaps they decided not to risk it....

I mean, I'd be scared asking for a mere orange juice in a place like Rosewell! :lol:

Another wee dig at Rosewell Tam ? Must admit its wearing a bit thin now likes. :)

Forgot aboot the law change right enough I just meant for the size o the crowd I thought there been more in the bar.

Thought D&G buses were a sore point for you citizens. I do recall a certain team going back to a certain pub instead o yer social club :D

Archived