Rovers V Mo

Not much interest in this one yet. Maybe too predictable? Rovers heavy favourites although I don't think we have been on form in recent weeks. Miserly defence continues but goals look to be rationed. Midfield been looking lightweight without Young and doesn't look settled for me. Loanee Davidson started well but now looks to be struggling. No idea how Mo are playing to be honest but some comments from regulars on here suggest that all is not well at Links Park ? 2-0 Vers.

The stats don't look good for Montrose: on top of their shocking away record this season they've conceded the joint most goals in the league, and they haven't scored many either (giving them the worst goal difference in L2).

Our manager seems to be of the "can't-change-a-winning-team" mentality, but this week a few tweaks in the home side wouldn't go amiss. It was nice of Darren Young to show some confidence in Josh Mullin at Broadwood but I'd like to see him replaced him at left back, if not by Turnbull then by Gary Phillips or Ally Love. I'll also call for the reintroduction of Jamie Pollock, who didn't really put a foot wrong before being dropped some months ago.

John Gemmell has now received seven bookings this season- is he suspended?

The stats don't look good for Montrose: on top of their shocking away record this season they've conceded the joint most goals in the league, and they haven't scored many either (giving them the worst goal difference in L2).

Our manager seems to be of the "can't-change-a-winning-team" mentality, but this week a few tweaks in the home side wouldn't go amiss. It was nice of Darren Young to show some confidence in Josh Mullin at Broadwood but I'd like to see him replaced him at left back, if not by Turnbull then by Gary Phillips or Ally Love. I'll also call for the reintroduction of Jamie Pollock, who didn't really put a foot wrong before being dropped some months ago.

John Gemmell has now received seven bookings this season- is he suspended?

I have been told Turnbull is carrying an injury and won't be 100% fit for a few weeks. Agree about Pollock, I'd get him in there again just need to stop him going gung-ho all the time and remember he has defensive duties too.

Not sure about the bookings, I thought it was 8 bookings then suspension?

If available Gemmell will score against us. He always does.

Anything other than a Rovers victory will be a big surprise.

Won't be there, it's Christmas and much more pressing things to do nearer to home.

could be a very low turnout for this one. Usually is. Last year (seems longer admittedly) our previous chairman picked out the corresponding fixture to launch his "pay what you can" scheme. Crowd that day was 700 or so. If we get half of that on Sat it would be decent.

Honestly can't see anything other than a 3 or 4 goal winning margin for Rovers. However, sod's law - can just see Montrose fluking a draw or better, giving Shields yet another lifeline before going on to lose another 3 to 4 in a row with a big negative goal difference. Have had other commitments last few weeks, but certainly won't be in attendance this weekend.

For more regular attendees: how has our new stadium announcer boy been coping with defeat after defeat? Still full of gusto or is he starting to tone it down as we drag our sorry asses over the finish line week by week?

For more regular attendees: how has our new stadium announcer boy been coping with defeat after defeat? Still full of gusto or is he starting to tone it down as we drag our sorry asses over the finish line week by week?

That guy's a legend. Made your place sound like the Maracana on Saturday. Should get him in the dressing room before kick-off for a PMA session

I'm going to head along to this game. Despite me spending my entire 28 years living in Lanarkshire, i've never been to Cliftonhill, so it's a ground to tick off the list and anything is better than going to the new St. Mirren Park.

Planning to get the train to Whifflet, is it much of a walk to the ground from there?

I'm going to head along to this game. Despite me spending my entire 28 years living in Lanarkshire, i've never been to Cliftonhill, so it's a ground to tick off the list and anything is better than going to the new St. Mirren Park.

Planning to get the train to Whifflet, is it much of a walk to the ground from there?

Whifflet station is about 20 minutes walk - uphill - to Cliftonhill. If you're in Hamilton, I think bus would be a better bet. (Someone who still lives in the Brig might confirm.)

If you're in Hamilton, I think bus would be a better bet. (Someone who still lives in the Brig might confirm.)

Train is a much better bet from Hamilton now that what was the Whifflet line has been electrified and integrated into the Argyle line service.

Have a wee play on here for times, but from my rudimentary check there seems to be one direct train an hour from Hamilton to Whifflet (through Motherwell) and another one that involves a short change at Motherwell. The direct train takes 14 mins.

Honestly can't see anything other than a 3 or 4 goal winning margin for Rovers. However, sod's law - can just see Montrose fluking a draw or better, giving Shields yet another lifeline before going on to lose another 3 to 4 in a row with a big negative goal difference. Have had other commitments last few weeks, but certainly won't be in attendance this weekend.

That is the best we can hope for. Right now Mourinho couldn't turn our lot around. Deeper problems at LP.

Train is a much better bet from Hamilton now that what was the Whifflet line has been electrified and integrated into the Argyle line service.

Have a wee play on here for times, but from my rudimentary check there seems to be one direct train an hour from Hamilton to Whifflet (through Motherwell) and another one that involves a short change at Motherwell. The direct train takes 14 mins.

I stand corrected. Evidently I don't do the drinking/public transport thing often enough!

Stick to train, I'm sure the bus will take well over an hour to get to Coatbridge.

I don't know about any other rovers fans but I am really struggling to get myself motivated for this game. Snooze fest written all over it.

Indeed. 3 points, and one of the teams above us slipping up, would make a good weekend, though.

Archived