P&B Dead Pool 2015

Spain

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck, Spain.

Cheers, definitely learning on my feet here. Need to add more and more rules for next year... or I'll just fob it off on someone else. The two debates so far are already causing me to lose interest.

Phil Taylor's maw. :lol:

Fair play I say, more legit than the basketball player imo.

Agree that it's more legit than the basketball "coach" and would also agree that Taylor's mum is technically within the rules.

It's still not right or within the spirit of the rules though

I've seen a few reports about her recently - all mentioning that she's unwell. Famous for being ill, imo.

However, given that neither she nor the basketball player were rejected before the start of the game, they should be allowed to remain. If the game master allowed it to go ahead with them in, they're in.

I've seen a few reports about her recently - all mentioning that she's unwell. Famous for being ill, imo.

However, given that neither she nor the basketball player were rejected before the start of the game, they should be allowed to remain. If the game master allowed it to go ahead with them in, they're in.

I disagree. It's up to the player to justify any team member's inclusion by proving their claim to fame & providing a link to a qualifying UK obituary.

If the gamesmaster had to review & disqualify ineligible players before the game started, no-one would volunteer to do it.

The current rules are fine.They just need to be adhered to by the players. The current arguments are totally due to people trying to pull a fast one & play at being barrack-room lawyers.

Mirror http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/darts-legend-phil-the-power-5001255

In my defence she gave birth to the most domineering sportsman in World Sport, that is a degree of fame, and more relevant in my mind than some reality 'star', or even a local beeb radio journo like my captain (Colin Bloomfield), who will obit just because of his employer.

Any worse than all the folk who presumably picked the Queen mum year after year?

Any worse than all the folk who presumably picked the Queen mum year after year?

Not sure if trollng..?

The queen mother was wife to king George, ergo was at one point queen (consort). Of course she was more famous to us as lizzies gin soaked naw.

'Obit' is certainly 'pushing it' , but, much as I admire the terrorist team, he could get a full house, all mentioned in the press, and not one proper 'obituary'.

Same as a whole rake of picks.

Very few picks would get an actual dedicated obituary but if they're famous in the first place and their death generates a dedicated article in the British press about them then nobody would argue.

The problem with Mrs Taylor is that firstly she's not famous and that secondly the linked story is about Phil Taylor.

Difficult job to define if a celeb's family is also famous or not. Do you want to ban people on the basis that they're only famous because they have a famous child/partner/family member? If so where would you draw the line? Nick Hamilton? Jackie Stallone? What about Elliot Spencer (Stephen Fry's new husband)?

The querying of the quality of obituary is quite frankly clutching at straws though. The pick stands. Congrats Njord, the spreadsheet is on my home laptop, so will update later tonight.

Difficult job to define if a celeb's family is also famous or not. Do you want to ban people on the basis that they're only famous because they have a famous child/partner/family member? If so where would you draw the line? Nick Hamilton? Jackie Stallone? What about Elliot Spencer (Stephen Fry's new husband)?

It's not really - there would still be contenseous picks but generally if they'be been in the public eye before their death then they're legit - Liz Taylor wasn't.

Fox sake Spain really doesnt have a clue about this game, its a shame to see a Behemoth being reduced to a pale shadow of its former glory by someone who clearly has no understaning of the game itself.

Archived