Roberts Sacked

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly don't know who I'd want as manager of the club, I'd imagine for the time being it will be some sort of Millen / Goram caretaker nightmare team with maybe Campbell or Murphy having some input because they are old as well.

Would love to think the club are going to advertise the gig and we'll have someone in place by week 2 of January....here's to hoping.

Ach aye; never like to see someone sacked but it really was time up for Marko. The writing was on the wall as long as ago as Boxing Day in Coatbridge a couple of years ago to be honest.

Top player for us and genuinely wish him all the best for the future. He might have learned from his mistakes at Ayr and get back in at junior level.

Having said that all that, extremely chuffed at this news!

There would usually be a good Ex-ayr man out there who would be the fans choice, but I'm struggling to think of anyone who fits the bill. Probably says something about some of the dross that's turned out for us over the last 10 years or so.

Not going to be too smug either about Roberts going, as I wouldn't underestimate the damage that's been done to the club over the last 2 and a half years. The crowd on Saturday will tell us something.

Ach aye; never like to see someone sacked but it really was time up for Marko. The writing was on the wall as long as ago as Boxing Day in Coatbridge a couple of years ago to be honest.

Top player for us and genuinely wish him all the best for the future. He might have learned from his mistakes at Ayr and get back in at junior level.

Having said that all that, extremely chuffed at this news!

That was the tipping point for me, had been calling for his head before but that day was a disgrace. That was the first of about 4 different episodes where stewards were separating the fans and Roberts.

I'd imagine for the time being it will be some sort of Millen / Goram caretaker nightmare team .

Jesus i hope not! I'd like to think the rest of Marko's backroom team would be out the door alongside him? Millen seems to have got a free ride from most of the fans all the way through, he was brought in to help Roberts and if anything we have gotten worse. David Hutton is rank rotten so i see no point in Goram either.

Depends on the contract they are on, White was working with the academy before Roberts got the job, he seems to have taken a back seat since Millen came in, he may take a further step back from the front line

Millen may be on a short term week to week basis as I'm not sure he is full time, but it is strange that these details weren't announced at the same time with the club being full time, you would assume that at the same extraordinary board meeting they would have discussed who was going to be taking training tomorrow

Archived