Aberdeen v Kilmarnock - 20th December

I generally enjoyed the game also, though there was a fairly large amount of relief when Pawlett scored. A few good chances created again and we were unlucky not to score more.

Jack and Hayes look great in the middle of the park. Still worry that Hayes will be moved around to stand in for injuries/suspensions as he shows himself to be versatile as well as have a tremendous work rate.

Taylor was solid again, good to see him win a lot in the air against a tall and fairly physical Killie forward line. As Karl has said above, Killie were way better than I expected. They should be sitting comfortable towards the end of the season. They looked a damn sight better than the image QLP painted earlier in the week.

I didn't see it but my mates at the game mentioned McInnes having a go at Goodwillie when he hooked him. Don't agree with managers doing that on the sideline. That can be done with a quiet word or, if required, a statement in the dressing room.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predictable that Samson would gift yet another goal. Hard to put all the blame on him. It's simply down to the management, he won't go as he's round mjs thumb. Can't see us getting anything out the next 3 fixtures either.

Samson looked to be your weak link. If you had a keeper who could hold a shot or at least direct the parry away correctly it's highly likely we'd be on here complaining about missed chances again. As well as the goal he had a shocker in the first half from a speculative Hayes effort.

Killie did well pressing us with a high line (which is commendable given the pace of our team and the fact it was at Pittodrie). We had a few chances with balls over the top but if you play that high line and close the opposition down early against all the teams in the league you'll draw plenty errors and create chances. You just need your keeper to hold onto the ball and cross your fingers the lads up top take the chances.

Goodwillie was raging about being subbed, if he is going to throw a strop on the pitch then the manager is quite within his rights to have a go at him. It's a team game, as disappointing as it is to be subbed he was already on a booking and we were looking to defend a lead.

I have absolutely no issue with either of them. Goodwillie clearly wants to play and was very disappointed, McInnes wants players to be professional and not act like bairns.

Happy for Goodwillie to be disappointed. Didn't see it but yes, a tantrum is not required and that should be dealt with by the manager. Was it obvious on the sidelines that McInnes was having a word and did Goodwillie react? My only issue (I might not be entitled to comment as I did not see it) would be if there was an obvious exchange of words on the bench. I would rather any dressings down were kept behind closed doors. However, if Goodwillie was sounding off then Dek is obliged to get him telt.

Happy for Goodwillie to be disappointed. Didn't see it but yes, a tantrum is not required and that should be dealt with by the manager. Was it obvious on the sidelines that McInnes was having a word and did Goodwillie react? My only issue (I might not be entitled to comment as I did not see it) would be if there was an obvious exchange of words on the bench. I would rather any dressings down were kept behind closed doors. However, if Goodwillie was sounding off then Dek is obliged to get him telt.

When Goodwillie's number went up, he threw his arms up in the air and then down to the ground, bent over sort of, in rage. He then stripped his gloves off, was shaking his head and was looking down at the ground like a child. It looked like McInnes told him to wise the f*ck up, but I sit in the South so no idea what was said obviously. Totally deserved his dressing down though.

I was quite close though not close enough to hear. McInnes was clearly pissed off, I think goodwillie realised he had stepped over the line pretty quickly. His body language went from belligerent to oh shit within a few seconds of getting off the pitch. I did chuckle when DM went back for more with a finger jab to boot about twenty seconds after DG had sat down. Interesting to see if DG starts on Sunday

Archived