Aberdeen v Kilmarnock - 20th December

We made it appear tougher than it should have been but getting the 3x points, on a weekend where Celtic should be properly tested and could ship a couple is all that matters. :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predictable that Samson would gift yet another goal. Hard to put all the blame on him. It's simply down to the management, he won't go as he's round mjs thumb. Can't see us getting anything out the next 3 fixtures either.

Dons made hard work of that today especially in the first half. Thought Jack and Hayes were standouts today. Killie were not as bad as their fans were making out. Impressed with their number 7 (McKenzie) who had some nice touches and was probably their best player.

Dreadful game of football. I can see why Killie fans are worried. Even when they got into decent positions their choices and/or finishing was horrific. They look like a team completely lacking in confidence.

You're this year's Hibs so I'd get worried if I were you.

As for us, we won but that's all we can take from that game. We were nowhere near good enough. If we play like that against a decent team we will lose. Simpl as that. We were not good enough. Not fast enough. Not clinical enough and not hungry enough.

Glad of 3 points that were only just deserved.

Very relieved to get the 3 points.
On that showing I find it hard to work out how Killie have lost so many lately.

we did make plenty chances, but the visitors had a good few as well.

Pleasing to nudge into 2nd place, though hopefully only momentarily.

Dreadful game of football. I can see why Killie fans are worried. Even when they got into decent positions their choices and/or finishing was horrific. They look like a team completely lacking in confidence.

As for us, we won but that's all we can take from that game. We were nowhere near good enough. If we play like that against a decent team we will lose. Simpl as that. We were not good enough. Not fast enough. Not clinical enough and not hungry enough.

Disagree about Kilmarnock, thought if they worked as hard as they did yesterday then they'll pick up points soon.

We weren't at our best but thoroughly deserved to win.

Jack and Hayes stand outs, yet again.

I'm enjoying the movement we have in the side, Hayes seemed to be everywhere yesterday. I heard a guy sitting near me moaning about Hayes being in the middle at points. I thought the was excellent yesterday.

We actually play better as a team with Hayes in the middle. I don't think Flood should automatically get his spot back.

Completely disagree with you, killie are nowhere as bad as Hibs last season. They could have scored a few today. I've seen much worse at Pittodrie this season.

with magennis and miller up front? we're not scoring a few against anyone lol

A fairly standard Aberdeen v Kilmarnock game. Kilmarnock came to Pittodrie with the ambition of stuffily playing for 0-0, and we laboured to break it down. Whilst I say that Kilmarnock were stuffy, I have to credit their work rate and endeavour. Indeed, with defending like that, they shouldn't slide too much further. However, they're extremely lightweight going forward, this being a key issue.

We struggled to break it down, though no little chances were created again, which is pleasing, just finishing them that seems to be an issue at times. Twice again hit the woodwork and we must be heading for some sort of season record of hitting post or bar!!!

I felt that Goodwillie & Reynolds had off days, Goodwillie unlucky to hit the bar but missedan absolute sitter second half, Reynolds looked poor at times. But Taylor, Jack & Hayes all had excellent days at the office. Jonny Hayes is unbelievably versatile, complimenting Jack far better as the sitting midfielder than Flood does. I feel we miss Hayes upfeld but he's had a superb influence in central midfield in recent weeks. Again yesterday, the goal came from his creation.

Delighted to see Peter Pawlett back on the scoresheet, long deserved. Indeed, it could have been more for us, but it was a bloody relief to get the goal when we did.

The reaction from the Killie players when we scored showed how much they had put into the game to stay level with us, with Hamill & Magennis both lying flat on the deck like they had conceded a 93rd minute winner. But it was good to see Lee Miller and Josh Magennis get warm(ish in Josh's case) receptions.

Another 3 points and another clean sheet to take forward to next Sunday in Inverness.

Yeah, was good to see both of them get a clap from the fans. Both of them left on good terms and are both decent blokes. Lee Miller has been through a lot of shit, it was good to see him still playing.

He's still slow as f**k though and spends a lot of the game on his arse :lol:

There was a classic Lee Miller moment later in the second half when Ash Taylor barely placed an arm on him and he collapsed to the deck, gaining a free kick. Not going to lie, brought back some happy memories

Glad to see him back in Scotland, had a very hard time in recent years and deserves a comfortable close to his career.

I agree that it wasn't a good game of football but I disagree with you with Killie. I thought they was very fast on the counter attack and caused us a lot of problems overall, we did deserve to win but they are better than those behind them in league going with that performance. I thought Ryan Jack deserved his man of the match, can't see him staying that long at Aberdeen. My problem with Aberdeen is we are not taking the chances we created and how many times are we going to hit the bar/post, this has hurt us in the past and we need to be more clinical.

Enjoyed the game tbh, wasn't a classic, but it was very competitive and we played some good stuff.

Killie weren't as dire as I expected them to be, but they still weren't great. Because of St.Mirren/Ross County, I doubt they have little to worry about, however.

Hayes and Jack were superb. Taylor good again as well.

Another important three points before a huge game on Sunday.

Archived