Is Marko away yet?

Nah not really. He was at Cowdenbeath remember before St Mirren and you can't be too picky in getting back in.

Lennon is doable for Ayr no problem. He is my choice for Booths successor.

I could understand Lennon being mooted as a suggestion if he'd failed at St Mirren, but he didn't. He won them a cup and kept them in the top flight for three consecutive years, which, given their current predicament, doesn't look too bad an achievement.

He ultimately didn't progress them as a club and as such can't realistically expect to land a better job than the one he left, but he didn't do anywhere nearly poorly enough that he should have to resort to managing a middling third tier club. It'd be a significant step back for him.

Where else is he seriously going to go?

There is nothing going in the Championship, he's unemployed in a market of few opportunities and Ayr are full time.

You are seriously over estimating how unlikely it is he would take the job.

There is nothing going in the Championship, he's unemployed in a market of few opportunities and Ayr are full time.

The vacancies at St Mirren and possibly Rangers still to be filled may mean more managers changing club, and vacancies opening in the championship

Having said that, Lennon is one of these guys who is likely to be forgotten if he doesn't get a job soon

It doesn't mean managers changing hands at all.

McCall, Butcher and the rest on the unemployed list have a better chance than those at a club.

St Mirren won't pay compensation and Rangers likely to go for one of the two mentioned above if they somehow get the cash for Supa Ally.

I guess it depends on what motivates him. If he's ambitious and prepared to bide his time then this won't interest him; if he's just desperate to get another full-time gig then it may well do. To me, the idea that he'd essentially press reset on his managerial career seems completely irrational given what he's achieved, but if he doesn't view it that way then who am I to say he's wrong. You certainly won't find me complaining if he does end up as the new manager.

You could do a lot worse than Jim. He's a terrific man manager and has Troon playing passing fitba with wingers.

Nah big man, I get on too well with him to hurl abuse at him.

Lachlan,I wasn't being serious about Tucker's maw, good to see you putting the job out to the wider community, I'd take the ex Killie nutter in a heartbeat, success with us would just give us another wee point n laugh at Morton.

Archived