St Johnstone v ICT 20/12/14 KO 1500.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Tommy Wright signed Morgan knowing how terrible he was, so all the booing would be directed at him instead of Chris Miller. Which seems to be working as he's been incredible this season thus far.

Genius management IMHO.

Think it was Barry Hunter he took recommendation from on Morgan. You wonder how many Premiership managers take young guys from England without watching them? His performance at Hamilton was embarrassingly bad and I imagine Wright new at that point (if not before) that he was going to be no use. Didn't even manage to get Ian Beale along to a Saints game, so what a disappointment he's been.

Think it was Barry Hunter he took recommendation from on Morgan. You wonder how many Premiership managers take young guys from England without watching them? His performance at Hamilton was embarrassingly bad and I imagine Wright new at that point (if not before) that he was going to be no use. Didn't even manage to get Ian Beale along to a Saints game, so what a disappointment he's been.

I genuinely think the tweet from Ian Beale to him after his sending off for the U20s will be his Saints career highlight.

Either that or when he was subbed off against Hamilton.

I presumed Morgan wasn't on the team night out in Dublin. If I'm right, it says all you need to know about him. He appears to be a wee fud.

I remember an interview, possibly in the run up to the final, talking about how our squad basically manages itself. If you're a dick, and not a team player, then you don't tend to fit in.

He'll be out of the game in a year.

To be fair to the lad, he looked OK in his substitute appearance against Celtic. He was then rewarded with a start against Hamilton at New Douglas Park and he was absolutely dire. Since then, we haven't seen him at all. The fact he has seen no match action since then does suggest that he isn't good enough and I fully trust Tommy Wright's judgement on the matter.

Morgan struggkes to score during half time, despite tsking shots st an empty gosl.

Ill be there aline tomorrow, if i wake up in time. So expect a 2-1 win

-----------------

Feck me! Your spelling has followed your football knowledge! That's a special gift !

Thought i done quite well tbh, all things considered

I agree Morgan did alright against Celtic but the manager made the wrong call on a number of fronts a few days later. Morgan shouldn't have started, shouldn't have been moved to wide midfield after about 10 minutes and should have been hooked at half-time. I thought after that match it would be a long time before Wright trusted him again but not sure I envisaged him only playing another 73 minutes for us and not at all since the end of September. Hopefully if our youth system progresses as is hoped over the next few years we'll move away from loans like Morgan.

I agree Morgan did alright against Celtic but the manager made the wrong call on a number of fronts a few days later. Morgan shouldn't have started, shouldn't have been moved to wide midfield after about 10 minutes and should have been hooked at half-time. I thought after that match it would be a long time before Wright trusted him again but not sure I envisaged him only playing another 73 minutes for us and not at all since the end of September. Hopefully if our youth system progresses as is hoped over the next few years we'll move away from loans like Morgan.

Wrights already talked about the possibility of another loan in January...

Be interesting to see what he tries today without mcfadden playing. Wotherspoon behind Graham? Davidson in that position? Or play O'Hallaron up beside Graham and play close to a 4-4-2?

My choice would be Davidson - think he's better there than deeper. Would help stop ICT playing out and judging by last week they struggle when pressured high up the pitch.

I'd go with Wotherspoon in an advanced central midfield role. Thought he looked happier there last week when Croft came on and think we've got to be positive at home. I know folk are worried about the quality Inverness have but I think Millar and Lappin already offer decent protection to what is an improved defence.

Missed Tommy Wright talking about another loan, all I'd seen was him saying we might not sign anyone if MacLean and Scobbie get back involved quickly. Certainly there doesn't look much need for a striker if Kane, MacLean, Graham and McFadden are all available.

Beat me to it! Was just typing the same, would go for Spoony off Graham. Croft and Mikey OH wide. Spoony brings a bit of creatvity which we'll miss without Faddy. Hes also looked quite hungry since coming back so hopefully makes the most of his chance in the middle.

If we're up against it in midfield would probably expect Muzz to come on for Lappin at some stage.

Cracking day, can't believe I'm working on the first 'attractive' fixture for a couple of months!

Mon the Saints!

I'd go with Wotherspoon in an advanced central midfield role. Thought he looked happier there last week when Croft came on and think we've got to be positive at home. I know folk are worried about the quality Inverness have but I think Millar and Lappin already offer decent protection to what is an improved defence.

Missed Tommy Wright talking about another loan, all I'd seen was him saying we might not sign anyone if MacLean and Scobbie get back involved quickly. Certainly there doesn't look much need for a striker if Kane, MacLean, Graham and McFadden are all available.

Im sure that he mentioned that he "might only look a loan" if Scobbie, MacLean and Kane all come back an make a contribution.

Wouldn't be too upset if we went for any the options I gave TBH, which shows how much more impressive our attacking options have been recently.

Archived