The Staggies VS The Accies

Very disappointed with that after last week's decent showing in Motherwell.

Zero atmosphere of course not helped by going behind yet again.

Created next to nothing, Irvine disappointing, Brittain is apparently frustrated playing RB, Boyd out of the squad altogether is surely harsh.

Only Celtic and ICT next.

Hope we have a transfer plan in place for January because we won't survive with this squad.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed to come away with nothing. Disappointed at the chances squandered. Disappointed with Yoann winning next to nothing in the air - after looking good last home game when he came from the bench and scored v United. Similarly Jake didn't trap and retain possession well. Dingwall not his best (injured?) with crosses etc. Joe Cardle battled well but - like others - lacked composure when he got the chances to shoot. Don't like to be negative about players but they need to maintain a higher standard.

Saunders, Reckord, Brittain & Carey looked capable. Nobody made the big difference to permit the breakthrough.

Should have got a point today and yet again scored one too few or conceded one too many.

Looking for better standard for 90 minutes against Celtic and ICT.

= 180 minutes then.

Vital 3 points. County were poor but we tried our best to help them out with some sloppy defending. Andreu wasn't his usual self in and around the box but I thought some of his play outside it was brilliant. Devlin was my MotM with Canzo just behind him. Alex Neil did well too.

Fun day out. Dingwall is quite a nice place (in a non - patronising way) and 22 coming over and taking a Santa costume was quite a nice touch. Meeting Dougie and Louis in the Aviemore chippy was an added wee bonus even if hunting through Aviemore looking for the team bus was fruitless.

Is Europe a realistic target? Keep winning and why not.

Just back after a long but worthwhile day. I thought after the first 20 minutes we were going to stroll it but Ross County came back into it in the second half. Never felt we were going to lose though. as well as winning with some style we have to be able to grind out results and we did that today. Alex's presence important again but I thought Dougie Imrie was well off the pace today. About 70 Accies fans made the trip today including a horde of Santas

Just back after a long but worthwhile day. I thought after the first 20 minutes we were going to stroll it but Ross County came back into it in the second half. Never felt we were going to lose though. as well as winning with some style we have to be able to grind out results and we did that today. Alex's presence important again but I thought Dougie Imrie was well off the pace today. About 70 Accies fans made the trip today including a horde of Santas

Would have been 72 had circumstances outwith my control not stepped in at the last minute :(

Very disappointed with that after last week's decent showing in Motherwell.

Zero atmosphere of course not helped by going behind yet again.

Created next to nothing, Irvine disappointing, Brittain is apparently frustrated playing RB, Boyd out of the squad altogether is surely harsh.

Only Celtic and ICT next.

Hope we have a transfer plan in place for January because we won't survive with this squad.

Serious question for County fans, I notice your results have not changed since Adams left but are you playing better football or not?

That was painful to watch at times. Hamilton played as a very tight unit which we struggled to break down. The first half was very poor from us with Accies slightly better. In the 2nd half we were slightly the better team.

Our front men are really frustrating me. Jervis has proved he isn't great in the air since has has been with us, but Arquin was bullying everyone in the air last year but not now!

Canning out muscled Irvine for the goal, not sure why Saunders or Quinn wasn't on him. I am a fan of a player on both posts, especially with a small keeper. if Gardyne was on the post he would have probably kept it out.

We seem as a team to be really lacking confidence in front of goal. We probably had the clearest chances in the game, but they were ballooned over by Woods, Quinn and Cardle.

Saunders had a good game at CB and Reckord was my County Man of the match. I also think Woods is a player we need to sign up, very intelligent player who was very unlucky with the free kick which Mick made a great save from.

Quinn had another poor game, and we need to find another option at right back, the corner came from poor play in that area.

Tony Dingwall had a poor game which I feared after all the hype this week, hopefully he will learn from that.

For Accies they were well served by both centre backs who often dominated our front line. Although canning could have seen a 2nd yellow for a foul in the 2nd half 25 yards out or so.

We found more space when Alex Neil was subbed. He protected the defence very well. The boy who looks like Scott Brown was also excellent. I was looking forward to seeing Andre, put he was one of the poorer players for Accies.

Now we have to play a wounded Celtic!!

Serious question for County fans, I notice your results have not changed since Adams left but are you playing better football or not?

I would say we're playing a different style, certainly, which at times has been good to watch. Macintyre did seem to get a bounce out of the players in the beginning and to be fair team spirit seems to have held up pretty well despite some disappointing results.

Points wise I have to say I don't think we would have been any worse off had Adams still been here, but neither would our direction have changed from the rut we were in.

I was a big fan of the Adams' and we have a lot to be grateful to them for, however Macintyre has been a much needed breath of fresh air. He's not really working with his 'own' squad at the moment, mainly the remnants of Adams' squad with some short term emergency signings.

I look forward to seeing him construct a squad and play in his style.

All eyes on the transfer window!

I've only seen the few minutes of highlights on the BBC website. which of course are often very misleading. Having said that, I thought County looked to be playing some nice football, and could easily have won the game with more composure in front of goal.

If that analysis is borne out across 90 minutes then maybe there is still reasonable chance that you guys can send St Mirren and the Well to where they belong, allowing Hearts and QoS to make it into the Premier League. ;)

I've only seen the few minutes of highlights on the BBC website. which of course are often very misleading. Having said that, I thought County looked to be playing some nice football, and could easily have won the game with more composure in front of goal.

If that analysis is borne out across 90 minutes then maybe there is still reasonable chance that you guys can send St Mirren and the Well to where they belong, allowing Hearts and QoS to make it into the Premier League. ;)

I'd take that, where do I sign?

Archived