The Staggies VS The Accies

Looking forward to this, don't know if ill be going though, no disrespect to Ross County but this is a game we really should be looking to win.

Same set up as the dundee game with the exception of Canning I'd like to see Tena back in the side, hope Neil will be fit enough to start.

I predict 2-1 Accies

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not so sure that it will be as easy as you think. While I'm not oozing confidence we are slowly improving and developing as a team. The last minute equaliser on Saturday will have given them some confidence. From reports we were all over Motherwell for most of the game.

My gut feeling is that we will start to surprise teams and one good result could really get us going. Don't be fooled by the league position, that was DA's nightmare of a team that basically though away the first quarter of the season. I haven't done the sums but roughly speaking if we'd played the first quarter as we've played the second we would have double the points we have. We've passed St Mirren and hauled back Motherwell, onwards and hopefully upwards.

Ross County were dreadful at NDP but they've seemed to do a bit better since McIntyre took over. We should be beating them but I don't think it will be a walk in the park. It'll be my first trip to Victoria Park or whatever it's called now which will complete the set of grounds I've been to in the Premiership so I'm looking forward to it plus it should be a good day.

Same team as Saturday providing Neil's fit (any news on the knock that took him off?).

I haven't done the sums but roughly speaking if we'd played the first quarter as we've played the second we would have double the points we have. We've passed St Mirren and hauled back Motherwell, onwards and hopefully upwards.

It's a round 9 points from 9 games since McIntyre's first signing of his own. As opposed to 0 from 7 before then. So County would be on 16 points, a mediocre return that we can only dream of.

Same team as Saturday providing Neil's fit (any news on the knock that took him off?).

It's a good team that keeps Redmond as an unused sub. I only saw highlights of the 4-0 at NDP but he looked great in them.

I'm guessing Saturday was a 4-1-4-1 / 4-3-3 shape with Crawford and Imrie on the flanks? I remember seeing Crawford playing Neil's role last season and he looked out of position - not quite out of his depth but nowhere near as influential as a player in that position ought to be. He's clearly much better getting further forward.

I can see McIntyre sticking mostly with the same team as against Motherwell, but probably with one of Jervis or Arquin out in place of another midfielder e.g. Cardle on the left wing and Carey as the 10, or Carey left and Gardyne or Kiss central. I can't see McIntyre going with two centre forwards when they know Hamilton will have the extra midfielder and will want to match up.

It's a good team that keeps Redmond as an unused sub. I only saw highlights of the 4-0 at NDP but he looked great in them.

I'm guessing Saturday was a 4-1-4-1 / 4-3-3 shape with Crawford and Imrie on the flanks? I remember seeing Crawford playing Neil's role last season and he looked out of position - not quite out of his depth but nowhere near as influential as a player in that position ought to be. He's clearly much better getting further forward.

Redmonds failed to impress since we beat Aberdeen 3 - 0 imo.

Crawford's played in a few midfield roles - on the wing, holding midfielder and the "number 10". Despite playing on the wing lately he's by no means playing as a "winger" and his best form has been as a "number 10". This season is the first time he's showed the we sort of knew (though began to doubt) he was capable of at the end of the SPL era and beginning of the First Division era (I remember a game against County when we won 5 - 1 he really stood out). I don't think any of us would've imagined that he'd be scoring the winner at Parkhead and scoring two at Fir Park this time last year.

Ross County were dreadful at NDP but they've seemed to do a bit better since McIntyre took over. We should be beating them but I don't think it will be a walk in the park. It'll be my first trip to Victoria Park or whatever it's called now which will complete the set of grounds I've been to in the Premiership so I'm looking forward to it plus it should be a good day.

said he went off with cramp, so should b fine for sat

I'm not so sure that it will be as easy as you think. While I'm not oozing confidence we are slowly improving and developing as a team. The last minute equaliser on Saturday will have given them some confidence. From reports we were all over Motherwell for most of the game.

My gut feeling is that we will start to surprise teams and one good result could really get us going. Don't be fooled by the league position, that was DA's nightmare of a team that basically though away the first quarter of the season. I haven't done the sums but roughly speaking if we'd played the first quarter as we've played the second we would have double the points we have. We've passed St Mirren and hauled back Motherwell, onwards and hopefully upwards.

Sensible post... was looking at the Stats, County had bulk of chances against well and more possession. They are not that bad a team and one day they will click.. scoring etc.

Draw for me tho on this one

It's a round 9 points from 9 games since McIntyre's first signing of his own. As opposed to 0 from 7 before then. So County would be on 16 points, a mediocre return that we can only dream of.

I can see McIntyre sticking mostly with the same team as against Motherwell, but probably with one of Jervis or Arquin out in place of another midfielder e.g. Cardle on the left wing and Carey as the 10, or Carey left and Gardyne or Kiss central. I can't see McIntyre going with two centre forwards when they know Hamilton will have the extra midfielder and will want to match up.

As an aside, are you the Ross County fan that runs the website I stumbled across ages ago giving a really comprehensive tactical analysis of certain games ?

It was a bloody good read - if you are, do you still do it, and what's the address ? I lost it a long time ago and only have a vague memory of it.

As an aside, are you the Ross County fan that runs the website I stumbled across ages ago giving a really comprehensive tactical analysis of certain games ?

It was a bloody good read - if you are, do you still do it, and what's the address ? I lost it a long time ago and only have a vague memory of it.

Aha, a long lost fan! Thank you kindly. You'll find it at rosscountytactics.com. It hasn't been updated in over two years, there wasn't so much interest in the site when County got into the SPL due to the club getting more media exposure, plus a large part of my remit was to write about lower league matches because no-one else cared to cover them.

But I still write and jointly run THHP, link in the signature. If County were to be relegated I think I might be the only fan who would accept that in exchange of seeing more lower league football to write about. I'd rather see County stay up, of course, but there would be a silver lining in the cloud for me.

A lot has happened in two years. Hamilton's rise since Neil took over from Billy Reid has been remarkable and the turnaround in fortune was immediate. I remember Reid latterly rotating the squad every week, lambasting youngsters for not doing their job when he would chop and change so much. I tip my hat to what Hamilton have done since then.

It's not lost on me that Hendrie, Canning, Imrie, Gillespie and Crawford all played in the 5-1 game in 2011, while Gordon, Routledge, Ryan and Neil all featured against County later that season. As a County fan I can only dream of supporting a team with that kind of familiarity again, which is a big part of what made County's 2011-12 team so good.

Sorry to hear the website is no longer updated, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it when it was going. Made me think more and more about what we were doing on the park and why.

You're right about Billy Reid and I think most Accies fans would agree - he did a fantastic job for a few years getting us up to the SPL for the first time in 20 years and then keeping us there. However he then lost the plot with his baffling team selections, dropping players all the time and playing others out of position, and becoming ever increasingly more defensive and dull.

Alex Neil was an immediate breath of fresh air when he took air, keeping the positives of the BR philosophy and dumping the bits that had become painful to watch.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I think most of us would rather see Motherwell and/or St Mirren go down and Ross County stay up. I always enjoy a trip to Dingwall, and will do so again on Saturday.

Archived