Islamic Hostage Taker In Sydney

Dee Man

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ach well, so it was Sheik Monis, who it seems, is as representative of Islam as the Westboro baptist church are of Christianity.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/muslim-cleric-man-haron-monis-loses-bid-to-have-charges-over-offensive-letters-quashed/story-e6frg6nf-1226586784899?nk=acd8004fda3bf72d38da09c6e08c96c0

Christian theologians would disagree.

Which is why I can eat prawns and bacon and don't need to get my foreskin chopped off.

Christianity, the clue's in the name.

Don't make it too easy for them, Tom.

Which is why I can eat prawns and bacon and don't need to get my foreskin chopped off.

And yet there's an astonishing number of Christians who can (and do) quote the old testament verbatim when it comes to justifying their own beliefs. Discrimination against homosexuals is just one examples. The old testament is the absolute word of God when it comes to stuff they agree with but the inconvenient bits can be dismissed.

I've yet to encounter a Christian who has the slightest problem with the tens of thousands of innocent muslims murdered during the 'War on Terror'. Both Bush and Blair stated they made the decision to go to war with Iraq after talking to God. Funny the big guy didn't think to bring up Rule 6 during those chats, huh?

Is that because the 10 Commandments have nothing to do with Christianity?

I was in Sydney last week. It could have been me.

IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME

But seriously, though, I think more attention needs to be paid to this:

Tomorrow morning, please go to a Costa, a Starbucks or wherever and get yourself a nice coffee with a big slice of Shut The f**k Up cake to go - and that is to go somewhere, anywhere, away from the internet before your head explodes in a supernova of self-righteousness smugwank.

Literally the worst banter of all time.

And yet there's an astonishing number of Christians who can (and do) quote the old testament verbatim when it comes to justifying their own beliefs. Discrimination against homosexuals is just one examples. The old testament is the absolute word of God when it comes to stuff they agree with but the inconvenient bits can be dismissed.

I've yet to encounter a Christian who has the slightest problem with the tens of thousands of innocent muslims murdered during the 'War on Terror'. Both Bush and Blair stated they made the decision to go to war with Iraq after talking to God. Funny the big guy didn't think to bring up Rule 6 during those chats, huh?

Is that because the 10 Commandments have nothing to do with Christianity?

Bush senior told us the planes bombing Iraq were doing the Lords work.

I'm delighted that I've been invited out here today to salute you, who, in my view, are doing the Lord's work," Bush said to rapturous applause from 400 troops of the 332nd Air Expeditionary Group.

Its all very well to stop people driving about on a cocktail of whisky, beer and cocaine but sometimes you need to think about the bigger picture and possible unintended consequences when they turn their attention elsewhere.

Astonishing number eh? How many , please quote a reference for that. ;)

I've yet to encounter a Christian who has the slightest problem with the tens of thousands of innocent muslims murdered during the 'War on Terror'. Both Bush and Blair stated they made the decision to go to war with Iraq after talking to God.

Never talked to me or most of my friends then.

Blair was/is a shitebag.

I'm delighted that I've been invited out here today to salute you, who, in my view, are doing the Lord's work," Bush said to rapturous applause from 400 troops of the 332nd Air Expeditionary Group.

When did he say that and in what context?

Are you asking him to be specific? If so how specific?

Very ..probably...

Also heres Bush the younger....

President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

Wednesday, January 19 9:07 PM SGT

Bush salutes US air strikes on Iraq as "Lord's work"

AHMAD AL-JABER AIR BASE, Kuwait, Jan 19 (AFP) - Former US president George Bush on Wednesday told American airmen based in Kuwait to enforce a no-fly zone over Iraq that they were doing God's work.

"I'm delighted that I've been invited out here today to salute you, who, in my view, are doing the Lord's work," Bush said to rapturous applause from 400 troops of the 332nd Air Expeditionary Group.

Bush, silhouetted against a huge US flag, praised the airmen's mission at this desert air base.

"Iraqi minions pillaged this great country," he said. "I hope no-one in the US Congress or anywhere else in the United States forgets the importance of this mission ... or underestimates it.

"We (US) are a moral country and we made a moral statement in January 1991 that that aggression will not stay, and you are making a moral statement today," he said, referring to the Iraqi invasion and Gulf War that followed.

"You are making sure this aggressor (Iraqi President Saddam Hussein) knows that his aggression will not go rewarded but punished," Bush said to the crowd assembled in a disused hangar to the background hum of incoming helicopters.

Bush was decorated with Kuwait's highest award and given an honorary doctorate in 1993 for his role in the US-led Gulf War victory over Iraq, whose troops occupied Kuwait for seven months from August 2, 1990.

The former president's visit to the emirate came on the ninth anniversary of the start of the six-week conflict. His son, also called George, is the leading Republican candidate for this year's US presidential election.

Stepping down from the podium, Bush mingled with the airmen to the strains of piped marching tunes, merrily signing hats and posing for group photographs.

Ahmad al-Jaber air base, 80 kilometres (50 miles) southwest of Kuwait City, is the temporary home of dozens of US warplanes which have been punishing Iraqi violations of an exclusion zone in southern Iraq with air strikes.

Squadrons of US F-16 Fighting Falcons, F-18s and A-10 Warthog ground attack aircraft all fly out of the base.

Some 3,500 US troops and staff are also stationed at Kuwait's Camp Doha, where the US military prepositions and stockpiles equipment for use in live firing practice and desert training.

Bush's main ally during the Gulf War, former British prime minister John Major, is also in Kuwait on a private visit for the anniversary. The emirate signed defence accords with London, Washington and Paris after the conflict.

Do they? All them?

So noah, adam and eve, moses (you know the same bloke in the new testament) are not part of Christianity then? Like at all? You would think a fair number of churches need to rename themselves. Jewdichristisan maybe they can call themselves christ-jews or something.

Just cos you take a pick and mix approach to your religion (its in the bible, it can't be wrong, expect when it is) doesn't mean its not part of the religion.

Archived