Queens v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from the last game at CP, Russell has always played well against us wherever he's been. You can't be as poor again and Cowden will have selection problems too. Not too confident but it's games like this where Cowden can do the unexpected. Fingers crossed we get something from this game.

How come Lyle is playing well for you guys? He was hopeless when he played for Cowden.

Care to elaborate?

I'm not going to say any more on the subject as we're getting off track. FWIW I wasn't 'officially' complaining about the incident. I was merely giving another example to go along with the other guy's issue to show it wasn't an isolated incident and that the criticism the guy received was very harsh. I've not blown anything out of proportion though, and what I said happened, happened. Parents shouldn't have to worry about their kids being knocked over though, even when we score. I'll say no more in here about it.

Clearly nobody would want anybody knocked over or barged. However, I would wager those on the receiving end would concede it was a spontaneous reaction to a goal. As such no malice was intended. That is the nature of the terrace.

I was taken to matches as a kid in the late 70's to the bigger games at Palmerston and Scotland games at Hampden which could be wild. However we would always stand directly in front of a crush barrier so you wouldn't end up halfway down the terrace if a goal was scored!

That of course is/was part of the charm of the terrace and why a lot of people want it brought back. I don't think it is unreasonable to think you will be safe on a terrace but by the same token it is unrealistic to think something like this will not happen after a goal is scored in a big game.

Clearly nobody would want anybody knocked over or barged. However, I would wager those on the receiving end would concede it was a spontaneous reaction to a goal. As such no malice was intended. That is the nature of the terrace.

Definitely no malice from the boys. None whatsoever. Sadly, there has been some verbal malice on the MAD website from a couple of 'fools', but during the celebration there was no way the boys were intending to hurt anyone. I can't comment on the initial OP situation, but I imagine it was the same with him. Hence why the message was for them to be more aware, not "cut out the violent behaviour!!"

:)

With Dowie and Russell out the team I would like us to play tomorow is,

Clark

Hooper, Durnan, Higgins, Holt

Carmichael, McShane, Kerr, Paton

Reilly, Lyle.

Atkinson, Baird, Kev, Kidd, Kilty, Smith, Smith, Fowler.

If we carry on from last week there should be no problems for us.

I can't see Fowler throwing two players with virtually no game-time this season into an important game. I hope not anyway.

I would think we will see Kidd & Kiltie in for Dowie & Russell.

Hooper is the only natural defender we have to bring in. Kidd isn't a full back so who else would you play there and what other player have much game time under their belts this season?

My money would be on Cammy's prediction, even if I do agree with Hawk! I'm not confident with Kidd at RB, but he should do a decent enough job for a couple of games. He's played there for us more than Hooper and Fowler so it's the best option.

I would love to see Paton back today, but I would expect Kiltie to start ahead of him.

I would think we will see Kidd & Kiltie in for Dowie & Russell.

Surely it will be Kidd and Kiltie in.A few years back Lyle could have played left side but now he has not got the legs to play there.Lyle best as a sub now.

Cowdenbeath have 2 good forwards on loan from Rangers and Dundee United both scored in there win against us so it will not be a easy game.

Just have to hope the players have the same mindset as when they played against Rangers

Bit nervous about this one.

It would be a sickener to drop points today, on the back of last week's heroics. A thoroughly professional performance is required. I'm not daft on Kidd anywhere to be honest, but I'm guessing he'll probably start at right back. Got to be looking for Paton to get a decent run-out today, if not a start.

Guest TOPFITTER

Hooper is the only natural defender we have to bring in. Kidd isn't a full back so who else would you play there and what other player have much game time under their belts this season?

I would prefer Hooper to start, it would ensure that at all times (set pieces apart) that we have at least 3 defenders defending and not 2 caught out in the opposition half. Hope for 3-0 but would accept 1-0 and defence being solid and the "Push For Promotion" continuing. :bounce3 :bounce3 :bounce3

Archived