Queens v Cowdenbeath

Agree with this. Why would you take your 8 year old son into the busiest (and rowdiest) section of the terrace, for what would be the busiest game of the season.

completely agree. Also his son was nearly knocked over according to the comment on the mad board.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to disagree with you there, his best games have been when he's wide left, Brechin for example. Where would you play him?

It's not a particularly strong opinion that I have. He's not really had a long enough run in the team to have put a stamp on a position. For me he cuts inside too much too be considered a genuine option out wide. It would probably work though with Holt overlapping to provide the width.

I reckon his best position would be as part of the "three" in a 4-2-3-1 or as a supporting striker in a 4-4-1-1.

Like I said though it's not a huge deal to me. I'd go with Kiltie, but that's as much to do with protecting Paton's injury than anything else.

I disagree. He was wasted out there - made clear by the success he's had since then. His best game in my opinion was away to Brechin after we'd won the league as the lone striker.

His winning goal that took about 361947 deflections at home against Brechin in a crucial game was huge though.

i am agreeing he was wasted on the left. He is a striker. Was disagreeing it was a total waste of both parties time as he did a thankless task to help us win the league

and i respect that.

His only goal against brechin was a magic moment, not for technnique but for the circumstances.

The celebrations on the terracing after that goal v Brechin were epic. Bodies falling everywhere. I doubt there's a better feeling in sport than a last minute winner.

I remember a certain Brechin poster having a mini meltdown because I gave him the big Girfuy and wouldn't shake his hand after the goal went in .This was after the tubes had been giving us earache for most of the second half. Sweet as a nut :) .

Probably wrong thread for this but I think if the young team cut out the smoke bombs then there is no issue with them. As already pointed out the club is going to end up with a fine if this carries on. As for the guy who's son was bowled over, why take an 8 year old to the busiest part of the terracing, surely a parent can see the possible safety risks there. I used to stand in a similar area but if my kids go to to game with me I stand at the side where it is less busy, safer and the kids can see. Commonsense surely? I don't buy this "I've paid for my ticket so will stand there if I want" theory, if you do that you must then take responsibility for the safety of your own child.

Agree with this. Why would you take your 8 year old son into the busiest (and rowdiest) section of the terrace, for what would be the busiest game of the season.

completely agree. Also his son was nearly knocked over according to the comment on the mad board.

I had to lift my 7 year old nephew and leave the barrier behind the goal (closer to the East Stand flag than the goals) after we scored our 2nd against Raith as they came rushing right down the front and surrounded us. Not a soul around us before the goal and the players didn't exactly come up to the barrier. Was I standing in the wrong place as well??

The young boys make a good bit of noise, and when you score a goal you sometimes go a bit OTT. But I hardly think it's much to ask that the boys are a bit more aware of who's around them when they are acting a bit OTT. The stick the guy got on the MAD website is embarrassing and folk should be able to take their kids to Palmerston and stand or sit where they like without the worry that their child will be injured.

I had to lift my 7 year old nephew and leave the barrier behind the goal (closer to the East Stand flag than the goals) after we scored our 2nd against Raith as they came rushing right down the front and surrounded us. Not a soul around us before the goal and the players didn't exactly come up to the barrier. Was I standing in the wrong place as well??

The young boys make a good bit of noise, and when you score a goal you sometimes go a bit OTT. But I hardly think it's much to ask that the boys are a bit more aware of who's around them when they are acting a bit OTT. The stick the guy got on the MAD website is embarrassing and folk should be able to take their kids to Palmerston and stand or sit where they like without the worry that their child will be injured.

I'd imagine the 2nd goal against Raith wouldn't exactly expect a reaction like that, but these things happen and was wrong place at the wrong time.

I wouldn't say there was anything OTT about the crowd reaction to the second goal against rangers though. It wasn't just the young team. I was standing to the right of them and everyone around me went mental. I was nearly knocked over at both goals due to the reaction of everyone around me. Did I go on the internet and complain about it??

I'd imagine the 2nd goal against Raith wouldn't exactly expect a reaction like that, but these things happen and was wrong place at the wrong time.

I wouldn't say there was anything OTT about the crowd reaction to the second goal against rangers though. It wasn't just the young team. I was standing to the right of them and everyone around me went mental. I was nearly knocked over at both goals due to the reaction of everyone around me. Did I go on the internet and complain about it??

I went mental for the 2nd against Rangers as well and actually ended up embracing some guy I'd never met! That's what happens with football. I've had some wild celebrations in the past and it's one of the reasons football is the best sport in the world. I've never almost knocked a kid over though and I don't think it's difficult to be aware of your surroundings, even when you are going wild. The guy simply made a request that the young boys should be a bit more aware of their surroundings/behaviour. He wasn't rude or aggressive yet received a (un)fair bit of criticism for airing his concerns. Very harsh indeed IMO.

You're a grown man, I'm sure you could deal with a 'mosh' a bit better than an 8 year old.

Queens score a last minute goal to go 2-1 up and the 1500 strong home crowd to be involved in a massive crush resulting in 18 seriously injured.

Cowden kick off and equalise as the Queens players are too busy performing CPR on the injured.

Referee allows the goal. A 25 year enquiry starts despite drunk Queens fans clearly being to blame. Chances of alcohol being introduced at Scottish rounds evaporates.

Cowden stay up by a point. Queens miss out on the play offs by a point.

Queens score a last minute goal to go 2-1 up and the 1500 strong home crowd to be involved in a massive crush resulting in 18 seriously injured.

Cowden kick off and equalise as the Queens players are too busy performing CPR on the injured.

Referee allows the goal. A 25 year enquiry starts despite drunk Queens fans clearly being to blame. Chances of alcohol being introduced at Scottish rounds evaporates.

Cowden stay up by a point. Queens miss out on the play offs by a point.

Wow. If you are making comparisons to Hillsborough, then that is pretty tasteless.

I think the young team bring good singing and support. I just think they need t recognise that they are not the only ones watching the game and think about the others. I'm sure they wouldn't want to see Queen s receive negative publicity or be fined for failing to control the crowd adequately.

We can all get behind the team in our own ways.

I had to lift my 7 year old nephew

Why did you have to lift him?

I think this is getting blown out proportion a bit. It's hardly a stampede.

The boys should be aware enough to not NEARLY knock kids over but also parents should be aware that's what their going to do if we score.

Why did you have to lift him?

I think this is getting blown out proportion a bit. It's hardly a stampede.

The boys should be aware enough to not NEARLY knock kids over but also parents should be aware that's what their going to do if we score.

I'm not going to say any more on the subject as we're getting off track. FWIW I wasn't 'officially' complaining about the incident. I was merely giving another example to go along with the other guy's issue to show it wasn't an isolated incident and that the criticism the guy received was very harsh. I've not blown anything out of proportion though, and what I said happened, happened. Parents shouldn't have to worry about their kids being knocked over though, even when we score. I'll say no more in here about it.

4-0 to the South, revenge for the defeat earlier in the season at Central park. Would love us to keep another clean sheet, only conceded 4 league goals at Palmerston all season and 3 were in one game v Hearts.

Archived