Arbroath vs Berwick Rangers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Been in and out of the team. Injury v East Fife away meant he lost his place in the starting eleven, though he's normally on the bench. Rumoured he spat his dummy out after not being selected for the cup win at Coatbridge, so it'll be interesting to see whether he's included in the squad romorrow. Still a good box to box midfielder but his overall contribution this season has been disappointing. The Notman/Lee Currie central midfield partnership gives us better balance.

Pretty sure him and Danny rennie did.something similar when they were at us, think it was stenny qway and they didn't get picked ao they left.the ground

I think you'll find Paul currie had good reason to "spit the dummy" the reason he was dropped is in absolute disgrace. I have heard from numerous persons that he can be abit rash with decisions (Hamilton and Arbroath prove this ) but at the end of the day the lad just wants to play . I think berwick will edge it tomorrow . Score and win on my coupon for berwick . ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️ Merry Xmas !!

I see in the paper that our centrehalf, Jonny Fairbairn, appeared in court last week charged with beating his partner. Committed to trial and pled 'Not Guilty' to assault with the hearing fixed for 7 or 8 weeks time. First I'd heard of this although for all I know it may be common knowledge among sections of the support. Any suggestion that he might be dropped? Can't really recall a similar sort of situation, tbh.

I think you'll find Paul currie had good reason to "spit the dummy" the reason he was dropped is in absolute disgrace. I have heard from numerous persons that he can be abit rash with decisions (Hamilton and Arbroath prove this ) but at the end of the day the lad just wants to play . I think berwick will edge it tomorrow . Score and win on my coupon for berwick . ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️ Merry Xmas !!

I assume you're referring to his wife's rant on the berwick facebook that he was dropped because he wasn't at training for personal reasons regarding his newborn.

I doubt that's why he was dropped. More to do with the fact Notman and currie were superb in the midfield prior to him returning from rightfully taking some paternity leave.

He won't have been dropped as a punishment for having a kid as his girlfriend seemed to suggest. If he doesn't play for whatever reason and his replacement comes in and plays well, he can't be expected just to retake his place. It isn't a punishment, it's basic football management. He'll just have to take his chance next time he gets it. It isn't a charity.

Clearly have nothing better to do that sit on this slating people and talking about people's personal issues. Paternity leave his child was ill you also don't no what was said to him and for fairbairn you don't even know it this is true or if it is what happened . The players personal life's are clearly nothing to do with use . Get a life and use won't need to talk about others sad people

Late claim for most astonishing post of 2014.

Currie posts on Twitter, his wife on Facebook, and it's "use" fans intruding on privacy.

If Paul has had problems, I sympathise and I hope he was managed with the correct duty of care. Fact is though, he deservedly lost his place for football reasons and needs to fight to get it back.

Clearly have nothing better to do that sit on this slating people and talking about people's personal issues. Paternity leave his child was ill you also don't no what was said to him and for fairbairn you don't even know it this is true or if it is what happened . The players personal life's are clearly nothing to do with use . Get a life and use won't need to talk about others sad people

f**k off drama queen.

Haha horrible individual hiding behind a name BerwickMad ???? I am Paul's wife so I know the situation and for pathetic people to judge is disgusting you don't no what we have went tho as a family and what was said to Paul I however do and as for other team members situations off the park it has nothing to do with use. You don't no what other people are going through .

Haha horrible individual hiding behind a name BerwickMad I am Paul's wife so I know the situation and for pathetic people to judge is disgusting you don't no what we have went tho as a family and what was said to Paul I however do and as for other team members situations off the park it has nothing to do with use. You don't no what other people are going through .

Hi Victoria. Merry Christmas.

Clearly have nothing better to do that sit on this slating people and talking about people's personal issues.

Nothing better to do? You just called BM pathetic and a horrible individual. That's Shan that. He's actually alright.

Haha horrible individual hiding behind a name BerwickMad I am Paul's wife so I know the situation and for pathetic people to judge is disgusting you don't no what we have went tho as a family and what was said to Paul I however do and as for other team members situations off the park it has nothing to do with use. You don't no what other people are going through .

Feel free to enlighten us

as for other team members situations off the park it has nothing to do with use.

Clearly have nothing better to do that sit on this slating people and talking about people's personal issues.

for fairbairn you don't even know it this is true or if it is what happened . The players personal life's are clearly nothing to do with use . Get a life and use won't need to talk about others sad people

That's disputable. It's public, and its reporting is 'framed' by the football connection. In the local paper, the article headline is:

"Berwick player denies assault"

with the article commencing:

"Berwick Rangers player Jonny Fairbairn has pleaded not guilty to assaulting his partner. The 24-year-old defender, from Milfield, is accused of beating Melanie Richard in Wooler on October 17".

It is illustrated with his club squad photo, in his Berwick strip, subtitled "Berwick's Jonny Fairbairn".

Legal cases and newspaper reports are in the public domain. As are Facebook posts, btw.

As such, it's perfectly acceptable to note or even discuss them on a football forum such as this, provided people remain within the rules. All that's been posted about Fairbairn are the apparent facts of the situation, as reported in a newspaper, including - importantly - his having pled 'Not Guilty'. My query was entirely football-related.

You appear to be saying that Paul, feeling rightly concerned about the health of his kids, was treated with contempt by Berwick Rangers.

If that happened to me at this level, I'd resign and go public.

Archived