Arbroath vs Berwick Rangers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another win and we will be just 7 wins off of what Moore says he think would win us the league, although that might need revised as ARFC and QP are miles ahead of the rest of the pack, nearly double the points of 4th already. Hope the deadly duo start upfront this week. If we keep winning they'll fall away, Rovers tough side and QP extremely hardworking team but I think we are a bit better than them both.

Looking forward to this. We're finally running into a bit of form and were deserved winners over a good Rovers side at coatbridge in last week's cup replay. Lee Currie is very nearly back to his best and Andy Russell has been a revelation up top in the last few games. Saturday's postponement gives Darren Lavery - 11 goals so far this season - the chance to recover from his recent injury, so I'm confident we can get something from this. No question Arbroath are the best team in the league, but they'll experience a drop-off in form at some point. We need to be nailing down a play off spot and to do that we need to start beating teams in the top three. Here's hoping Saturday is the day we start doing that.

Have'nt bothered checking the weather for next Saturday but hope it won't affect the game going ahead.

Looking forward to this. We're finally running into a bit of form and were deserved winners over a good Rovers side at coatbridge in last week's cup replay. Lee Currie is very nearly back to his best and Andy Russell has been a revelation up top in the last few games. Saturday's postponement gives Darren Lavery - 11 goals so far this season - the chance to recover from his recent injury, so I'm confident we can get something from this. No question Arbroath are the best team in the league, but they'll experience a drop-off in form at some point. We need to be nailing down a play off spot and to do that we need to start beating teams in the top three. Here's hoping Saturday is the day we start doing that.

Have'nt bothered checking the weather for next Saturday but hope it won't affect the game going ahead.

Pretty sure it'll only be off due to wind, our parks usually in good nick all year round (little worse for wear than usual this season down to Dundee Under 20s) we also have very good covers and the sea air to prevent any call offs due to ice. ;)

As long as it ain't to windy well be aryt. The 'weatherbomb' caused the Dundee youth game to be cancelled because of wind the other day.

Pretty sure it'll only be off due to wind, our parks usually in good nick all year round (little worse for wear than usual this season down to Dundee Under 20s) we also have very good covers and the sea air to prevent any call offs due to ice. ;)

As long as it ain't to windy well be aryt. The 'weatherbomb' caused the Dundee youth game to be cancelled because of wind the other day.

Cheers; fingers crossed. i'd happily take a point now.

Over the last few games we've realised that the wheels can come off the wagon... BR are no mugs, we need to get back to playing at our best to get a result. Like your confidence though, but I'll hold off using the Ch....... word for a while. Expecting (hoping) for 3 points and a 2-0 win.

Over the last few games we've realised that the wheels can come off the wagon... BR are no mugs, we need to get back to playing at our best to get a result. Like your confidence though, but I'll hold off using the Ch....... word for a while. Expecting (hoping) for 3 points and a 2-0 win.

Sign of a good team is one that doesn't play well (as on Saturday) but grinds out results. Saturday will be difficult against a Berwick side who seem to be on a good run but we have enough quality in the squad and we should always win our home games

All gone a bit quiet on this thread. You'd think there was a national holiday coming up or something.

I'd go with:

Andrews

Jacobs Fairbairn Young Drummond

Willis L Currie Notman Gray

Lavery Russell

We've looked tighter at the back since Jacobs returned to the team, while Fairbairn and Young are the best centre-back partnership we've had all season. They'll be tested tomorrow against the only attack that's scored more goals than us. Goalfest.

Is Paul Currie still with you boys?

Yes. Been in and out of the team. Injury v East Fife away meant he lost his place in the starting eleven, though he's normally on the bench. Rumoured he spat his dummy out after not being selected for the cup win at Coatbridge, so it'll be interesting to see whether he's included in the squad romorrow. Still a good box to box midfielder but his overall contribution this season has been disappointing. The Notman/Lee Currie central midfield partnership gives us better balance.

Archived