Big Rock v Big Wheel on BBC Alba

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well seen that the BBC see the Rock > Wheel

It's going to be freezing and strange seeing us kick off at that time, guess it's one of the issues with being a big team now.

Kirky, Gils and CT all looking like they'll be out is a big blow and leaves us with very little cover in centre mid. Was impressed with 'Dougs when he came on yesterday and wouldn't be averse to giving him a start perhaps the same with 'Wee 'erchie' after the penalty.

Rodgers

DVZ Graham Taggart MacDonald

McDougall Agnew Fleming Campbell

Kane Nish

Both teams on a decent bit of form and so I can see this ending in a draw. 1-1

I hear both Gils and Turner have a chance of being ok for this.

There is no stadium in Scotland which is closer to the sea and thus colder in the middle of December. Well, maybe apart from Arbroath. I guess I'll still go through anyway.

Likely to be a very tight game with only one goal in it. As we're on a good run I'll tip us to score that goal, though I wouldn't be surprised if it went the other way.

I'm never confident against Dumbarton. We lost 5-0 the first time I saw us play them at home. We improved on my first trip to Boghead, as we actually scored a goal in a 5-1 loss. Those experiences scarred me for life. :( Dumbarton were a real jinx team for us in the early eighties.

Are you confusing the River Clyde with the sea?

Also, in addition to Dumbarton not being near the sea, Stranraer, Montrose, East Fife, Aberdeen, Cove, Peterhead and Fraserburgh are right on the coast, so not just Arbroath then. Weirdo.

Would've added Inverness and Raith to that list...

I am trying to figure out which one would be the coldest, I would hazard a guess at Arbroath, once bought a cup of tea there and not for drinking

Coldest I have even been was in Inverness. The following day coming home it snowed really heavily and we were lucky to get home.

I remember sheltering behind a skip near their mainstand the north wind was so cold.

Archived