Big Rock v Big Wheel on BBC Alba

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The folk having a night out on Saturday are clearly more inconvenienced.

Also with it being on TV more people have adopted the 'f**k the hassle attitude'.

It's basically a perfect storm for Dumbarton.

Game that means nowt.

KO time that's inconvenient for a night out

Cold weather

Long commute

Game on TV

Game on historically the worst weekend for crowds

You really aren't catching any breaks here.

Falkirk to Dumbarton?

Stranraer on a Tuesday night or Dumfries at half 5 is a long commute.

Being skint, having other plans, being too cold, being under the thumb, game on tv etc fair enough but there's hee haw up with a half 5 kick off. To blame the kick off time and brand it as 'ridiculous' is just daft really. If fans were having to travel for miles then I would agree it's an inconvenience but they aren't.

If anything it gives folk a chance to do their christmas shopping etc then attend the game.

Bit different for a home fan though, a half 5 kick off might even seem like an exciting change in Dumbarton. Personally I wouldn't be home until roughly half 8, so I'm already a half hour late for my plans before I've even stepped in the front door.

I'm perhaps overestimating the number of people with a similar problem but the kick off time is certainly an adequate excuse not to go.

Bit different for a home fan though, a half 5 kick off might even seem like an exciting change in Dumbarton. Personally I wouldn't be home until roughly half 8, so I'm already a half hour late for my plans before I've even stepped in the front door.

I'm perhaps overestimating the number of people with a similar problem but the kick off time is certainly an adequate excuse not to go.

Have to agree to disagree on this one I'm afraid.

Decided to sack the game. Upwards of 25 quid including a ticket and bus money on top of anything else I might want to buy on the day, it's a no brainer watching it in the pub. Better atmosphere, warmth and a drink guaranteed.

How many Falkirk fans would've made the trip if it was on 2 and a half hours earlier? Seems like most have something else to do with their time and have not been affected by the change in kick off time.

Not a vast amount that would increase it to our average away support BUT the kick off time is clearly a problem. The majority of our fans wouldn't get home till about 9pm, some earlier and some later. That's pretty obvious going to have an effect on any events that our fans have on Saturday night.

176 posts and almost all obsessing about the kick-off time; it's hardly ideal but we're all stuck with it. As regards the football, whilst this would be an excellent fixture for us to win I think Falkirk have developed a bit of forward momentum and that may carry the day (or evening to be precise).

It will be Baltic down there for those who do turn up so let's hope it's a decent contest.

Football is in the entertainment business.....well sometimes....

Facts are that the majority are in the mode that being in a pub or home is better entertainment

I couldve made part of the game and left early for my gig and if it was at home, I probably would have, but being in a pub watching the the full game is a better option, last time I left early for a gig we were 1-0 up to Livvy and Robert Snodgrass scored a leveller....still use that as a win for me and my mates a jinx for seeing the whole game in a season where we didnt get our first home win till around end of April

Im sure the repeat conversations will be on the Falkirk v Raith posts next week, could be the lowest Raith crowd we see at Falkirk....likewise us on Saturday

Nothing beats being at the game, but sometimes cash, common-sense and priorities over rule the heart

I think we will win 2-1

Archived