Big Rock v Big Wheel on BBC Alba

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at this weeks card....

Surely Raith v Hibs or Money cheats v Money cheats are more attractive than Dumbarton v Falkirk....

Perhaps, but Raith have already featured twice v QoS on Alba, and to be honest the whole Sevco thing is so over-exposed that even the good folk of South Uist have probably by now had their fill of it. Sons v Bairns will be just dandy.

Really don't understand the grievance over the late kick off. If anything it makes it easier for all you under the thumb characters who get bitch slapped into doing daft things like Christmas shopping. Excuses galore.

#toocoldforthebairns

No excuses here. I pick and choose my games and Dumbarton away doesn't make the grade this time. TV or no TV.

Junior game in the early afternoon, home for Soccer Saturday and some food then out to the Rock to watch us play the most prestigious team in Grangemouth under the (slightly dim) floodlights. Get into the house for Spanish football on Sky and then Match of the Day. The more I think about it the more I like this kick off time!

I am starting to agree. Been invited to my old works night out Friday evening. Sure to be blootered and can have good breakfast and lunch before then home for a hair of the dog.

Really enjoy watching falkirk. Bet them each way for the league sadly. Seen that Lyle Taylor the other night playing well.

Really loving the sales pitch from the Dumbarton faithful desperate for us Falkirk laddies to visit their wee village. Kinda sweet.

I hear they're baking cookies for us as we get off the train.

In all seriousness, go to the game if you want - if you've got better things to be doing/would rather save your cash and watch on TV then fair enough but what's the problem with a 5:30pm kick off? The guys in that article don't even appear to be doing anything else, they're sitting in the pub all day instead. "5:30pm KICK OFF?! AT CHRISTMAS TIME!?", what is the actual issue there? It's two hours later, it gives you pretty much all day to get stuff done. All I can see is "late kick off is shite" without actually offering a reason up.

Putting a game on TV when fans probably don't have the cash to go to a game is surely one of the better times to do it?

In all seriousness, go to the game if you want - if you've got better things to be doing/would rather save your cash and watch on TV then fair enough but what's the problem with a 5:30pm kick off? The guys in that article don't even appear to be doing anything else, they're sitting in the pub all day instead. "5:30pm KICK OFF?! AT CHRISTMAS TIME!?", what is the actual issue there? It's two hours later, it gives you pretty much all day to get stuff done. All I can see is "late kick off is shite" without actually offering a reason up.

Putting a game on TV when fans probably don't have the cash to go to a game is surely one of the better times to do it?

I'm gonnae do for you something you don't see often on here and answer your question.

For me Saturday is a disaster. Due to working so much lately it's my only day in December to get my XMAS shopping done.

I'm going to Silverburn wi the wife in the morning and no idea when I will be home.

After that I'm driving to Edinburgh and dumping my van there so I have transport home on Sunday after I return from a game I'm going too.

I was gonnae go to the game at much inconvenience to myself, but after reading my regular bus wasn't going it made getting home an effort.

As for a lot of people, they will be using Saturday to do the last of their shopping and recovering from a works night Out hangover.

I also know a lot of people who have organised a drinking session Saturday night.

Basically the 5.30 isn't the problem.

It's the 5.30 the last weekend before XMAS and a general feeling that it's far too much effort for a game that isn't that important or exciting.

Both club are playing for very little let's be honest

I'm gonnae do for you something you don't see often on here and answer your question.

For me Saturday is a disaster. Due to working so much lately it's my only day in December to get my XMAS shopping done.

I'm going to Silverburn wi the wife in the morning and no idea when I will be home.

After that I'm driving to Edinburgh and dumping my van there so I have transport home on Sunday after I return from a game I'm going too.

I was gonnae go to the game at much inconvenience to myself, but after reading my regular bus wasn't going it made getting home an effort.

As for a lot of people, they will be using Saturday to do the last of their shopping and recovering from a works night Out hangover.

I also know a lot of people who have organised a drinking session Saturday night.

Basically the 5.30 isn't the problem.

It's the 5.30 the last weekend before XMAS and a general feeling that it's far too much effort for a game that isn't that important or exciting.

Both club are playing for very little let's be honest

Would these people have been any more or less inconvenienced if it was a 3pm kick off the last weekend before Christmas? I'd have though a game smack bang in the middle of an afternoon would have put folk off even more. I don't know why a 5:30pm kick off requires more effort than a 3pm one.

Just looks to me like people are using TV to blame something here that isn't really an issue.

If selected (as he surely will be), tomorrow will be Andy Graham's 100th game for Dumbarton. Full interview on The Dumbarton Terrace: http://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/skipper-hits-a-century/

75 consecutive games? Fucking hell. Not bad for a 31 year old that's finished at this level (or so Morton told us).

Would these people have been any more or less inconvenienced if it was a 3pm kick off the last weekend before Christmas? I'd have though a game smack bang in the middle of an afternoon would have put folk off even more. I don't know why a 5:30pm kick off requires more effort than a 3pm one.

Just looks to me like people are using TV to blame something here that isn't really an issue.

Having a night out an travelling from falkirk obviously 5.30 is more destructive.

It is historically known that crowds do tend to dip in December pre Xmas and usually one after usually boxing day ish increases. All alba has done is increase the stay away fans on both sides with it being on TV.

75 consecutive games? Fucking hell. Not bad for a 31 year old that's finished at this level (or so Morton told us).

Was intrigued by that, so did a bit of research just there. It seems that is indeed accurate.

He was ever-present last season (43 games) and has been so far in this one (20 games). The last game he missed was a 2-2 draw at home to Cowdenbeath in March 2013 and there were 12 games left after that.

He can't have been subbed all that often during that run either (if ever), which makes it even more remarkable.

Big Graham is an absolute hero. Best centre half I've seen in a Sons shirt and a brilliant leader on the park. Any time I've spoke to him he seems like a great guy. Stone cold sober at the player of the year do absolutely owning that dance floor, that's just the type of guy he is.

That's some record of consecutive games.

Was initially planning on going to this but a quick look at the bank balance and I'm thinking no.

It's quite clear that a half 5 kick off at this time of year is ridiculous. If you have a Christmas night out on the Saturday you won't bother with the game. Throw in money being tight, the cold and this fixture/season fairly meaningless It really is no surprise we're not flocking down in droves.

Was initially planning on going to this but a quick look at the bank balance and I'm thinking no.

It's quite clear that a half 5 kick off at this time of year is ridiculous. If you have a Christmas night out on the Saturday you won't bother with the game. Throw in money being tight, the cold and this fixture/season fairly meaningless It really is no surprise we're not flocking down in droves.

Being skint, having other plans, being too cold, being under the thumb, game on tv etc fair enough but there's hee haw up with a half 5 kick off. To blame the kick off time and brand it as 'ridiculous' is just daft really. If fans were having to travel for miles then I would agree it's an inconvenience but they aren't.

If anything it gives folk a chance to do their christmas shopping etc then attend the game.

The folk having a night out on Saturday are clearly more inconvenienced.

Also with it being on TV more people have adopted the 'f**k the hassle attitude'.

It's basically a perfect storm for Dumbarton.

Game that means nowt.

KO time that's inconvenient for a night out

Cold weather

Long commute

Game on TV

Game on historically the worst weekend for crowds

You really aren't catching any breaks here.

The folk having a night out on Saturday are clearly more inconvenienced.

Also with it being on TV more people have adopted the 'f**k the hassle attitude'.

It's basically a perfect storm for Dumbarton.

Game that means nowt.

KO time that's inconvenient for a night out

Cold weather

Long commute

Game on TV

Game on historically the worst weekend for crowds

You really aren't catching any breaks here.

#prayfordumbarton

Archived