Mark Roberts injured rabble vs Stirling Albion

Spot on Peter, both Muir and Mossie are right-backs, Ayr Youth if you watch Ayr you'll have seen him play left-back and more than hold his own and I believe win a man of the match. For him to have been dropped in favour of McKinley is ridiculous. I'll take Muir any day of the week as well as the other youths mentioned. Had enough of what we've had to endure over the last few months which have been nothing short of garbage.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Muir looked ok when he played at right back, but at left back i wasn't impressed (not have i been with McKinlay or Keenan) Is there not a natural left back in the 20s? (haven't got along to a game yet), referring back to a motm which was on his debut where we give it to anyone making their debut doesn't really count for me.

I think Muir is still too weak to be playing first team, i think it was against Peterhead (some mysterious not league, league game) someone sent him flying with minimal effort

Devlin is in need of a break though, the guy must still be injured as he isnt heading up the flank at all really.

is McCracken not at Talbot on loan? and as above Nisbet also out somewhere

McKinlay has no ability with his left foot and is left footed. Genuinely think 75% of his passes on Saturday either went to a stenny player or out for a throw in.

Fair enough. As i see it, if a quick winger, were to go down the outside. McKinlay wouldn't catch him, would attempt to foul him, and inevitably end up injuring himself and having to come off for Muir anyway, so may as well just play him from the start.

Reading my post back, it might have been a bit ambiguous. I'm advocating that Keenan should play ahead of Muir for the reasons I gave in my original post. I wasn't referring to McKinlay, who I don't rate. My only point about him is that it would be unwise to drop him from the entire squad if there aren't any other natural left backs in it. Sorry if there was any confusion about that.

Guest The Phoenix

There are no players missing due to the flu.

Darren is a player and a person respected by everyone at SAFC but an early season injury restricted his game time and he's opted to leave. He goes with our blessing and best wishes.

Bit of flu in the Binos camp so a few players could be doubtful.

Is Darren Smith a big loss for you guys?

no ones got the flu

Darren smith barely played this season but done a lot of work for us behind the scene unfortunately I have heard concerning rumours that Peterhead are enquiring about divhead cox getting abuse by our fans for his mental abuse problems which I fear will lead to a fine does anyone know if that's true or not

Reading my post back, it might have been a bit ambiguous. I'm advocating that Keenan should play ahead of Muir for the reasons I gave in my original post. I wasn't referring to McKinlay, who I don't rate. My only point about him is that it would be unwise to drop him from the entire squad if there aren't any other natural left backs in it. Sorry if there was any confusion about that.

Ahhh right fair enough. Unfortunately i've not seen Keenan play yet, however i'd agree to play him ahead of McKinlay :lol:

How long do you reckon he will hang around getting ignored? We'll need a new left back at Portland Park next season if Neil McGowan retires.

It's quite easy for the 2 Jims at Troon waiting 'til Ayr bump another youngster.

Muir is actually a right back i think

Ah well, we have Gaz Armstrong. Until he goes senior again, only a matter of time.

It's quite easy for the 2 Jims at Troon waiting 'til Ayr bump another youngster.

Yup. Helps get the silverware in. ;)

Wardrope for Gilmour all day long. Gilmour is as good as being a man down. Waste of a jersey IMO.

Disagree completely. Maybe for McGovern though who is a complete wage thief

Archived