Mark Roberts injured rabble vs Stirling Albion

I can't see Millen turning up yesterday morning with a whole host of new training techniques that he has had up his sleeve waiting on Roberts getting the heave

Maybe the players will realize that if they were part of the clique they wont get their contracts automatically renewed now and the ones regretting signing for Ayr or have already fell out with Roberts might try a bit harder, it's the only way we'll get some sort of bounce from Roberts leaving.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Millen starts by playing a fully fit squad that will be a start in the right direction. Get the young guys like Wardrope and Nisbet in for starters instead of playing a guy that's only half fit, or carrying an injury.

It will be interesting to see how he sets them out, formation wise and what players he starts. Get rid of the guff loan signings and start giving our young lads a chance.

There has been no bounce yet for the Stirling manager but the product on the park is much better.

A performance like Saturday and a wee bit of luck in front of goals then predict Stirling win. A draw wouldnt be a disaster but would be great to get a win.

Busy trying to kid myself on that we'll be a different team on Saturday etc but in reality it'll probably still be a Stirling win. All you need to be is organised and you'll be fine.

I reckon Millen will probably go with the same starting line up that Roberts persists with, unless he's put his name in the hat for the managerial role. LC has said that no internal candidates are expected so he probably won't be looking to show case any commitment to giving youth a chance.

OUT - McKinley, Keenan, Donnelly, Slane, Cummins, Crawford, Shirkie

IN - McCracken, Nisbett, Wardrope, McCreadie, Mossie

Go on Millen freshen it up with sum youth, the current squad arnt doing it. Give us fans some new talent and these lads look like games they play in mean something to them. Watch how they celebrate goals. We fans need some passion back.

Go on Millen freshen it up with sum youth, the current squad arnt doing it. Give us fans some new talent and these lads look like games they play in mean something to them. Watch how they celebrate goals. We fans need some passion back.

Is Nisbett not on loan at Cumnock Juniors?

Can any of those youth players play at left back?

So what was being proposed above actually involves dropping two natural left backs from the squad and instead have a youth player play out of position to fill-in. Forgive me for not being overly enthusiastic at the thought of this.

So what was being proposed above actually involves dropping two natural left backs from the squad and instead have a youth player play out of position to fill-in. Forgive me for not being overly enthusiastic at the thought of this.

Andy Muir has already played 3 or 4 times at left back, and more than held his own. He's better than McKinlay anyway IMHO.

Andy Muir has already played 3 or 4 times at left back, and more than held his own. He's better than McKinlay anyway IMHO.

He's been alright, yeah, but, from what I've seen of him, he appears to have almost no ability at using his left foot. Not only is that a disaster waiting to happen if a quick winger decides to take him down the outside, it pretty much eradicates any overlapping attacking threat he might offer, which seems to be the strongest part of his game. I've not been overly impressed with Keenan so far, though I do think he's better than McKinlay, but I'd rather have him at left back than someone who's not entirely comfortable playing there.

Will be interesting to see what (if any) changes Andy makes. Personally think we should be making a fair amount as our apparent experienced "pros" have not been performing for some reason or another. Getting dropped might give them the kick up the arse they need as I do still we have one of the best squads in the league.

I'd go with:

Newman (Hutton is total gash)

Devlin

Murphy

Campbell

Muir

Forrest

Gilmour

Crawford

Donald

Nisbet

Beattie

Subs:

Hutton

McKinlay

McLaughlin

McGovern

Slane

McGill

Donnely

He's been alright, yeah, but, from what I've seen of him, he appears to have almost no ability at using his left foot. Not only is that a disaster waiting to happen if a quick winger decides to take him down the outside, it pretty much eradicates any overlapping attacking threat he might offer, which seems to be the strongest part of his game. I've not been overly impressed with Keenan so far, though I do think he's better than McKinlay, but I'd rather have him at left back than someone who's not entirely comfortable playing there.

McKinlay has no ability with his left foot and is left footed. Genuinely think 75% of his passes on Saturday either went to a stenny player or out for a throw in.

Fair enough. As i see it, if a quick winger, were to go down the outside. McKinlay wouldn't catch him, would attempt to foul him, and inevitably end up injuring himself and having to come off for Muir anyway, so may as well just play him from the start.

Archived