Bye Bye Regan!

Ludo*1

No idea where this should go, perhaps the Tartan Army Forum? If so Mods, feel free to move!

Anyways, it appears our beloved leader of our SFA is in for a job at the FA. Seems he's even applied for the job. This would be a significant boost for Scottish football IMO. I don't think we've had a worse Chief Executive in my lifetime.

Only Doncaster to go now.

Who'd replace him if he does go?

ETA: Should really include a link. Link.

They

No idea where this should go, perhaps the Tartan Army Forum? If so Mods, feel free to move!

Anyways, it appears our beloved leader of our SFA is in for a job at the FA. Seems he's even applied for the job. This would be a significant boost for Scottish football IMO. I don't think we've had a worse Chief Executive in my lifetime.

Only Doncaster to go now.

Who'd replace him if he does go?

ETA: Should really include a link. Link.

They could replace him with a box of Quality Street

Right, so let's put this into perspective. Regan has presided over one of the most turbulent times in Scottish football and has done very poorly. The job was advertised, Regan applied he was not head hunted. The position pays £500,000+ and is for one of the highest profile FA positions in the world which is currently under massive pressure to perform (both domestically and internationally).

Add all those things together, and it's pretty obvious Regan will be with us for some time to come.

It would be a boost but I have no confidence we'd appoint a good replacement, have we ever had a good one? There was many people excited when regan came in as he was coming from outside scotland so maybe wouldn't be a OF suck-up, turns out he was worse for that.

Clarkston5, on 14 Dec 2014 - 16:45, said:

One of the clowns who allowed Rangers to start from the bottom. Glad to see him go. I'd like to see us now getting into the EPL and leave you all to it!

Same. Considering you get humbled and embarrassed by the likes of Alloa and QotS, I'd love to see what the likes of Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea would do.

Even if Regan doesn't get this FA post, it is interesting that he wants to leave, even if it might be only for the 'right' job - I don't recall him ever being linked with leaving before.

In the eyes of most Scottish fans his image is, I suspect, prettymuch all bad. But in the eyes of an external governing body? Well, I do not imagine that will be so. Certainly there are several areas which would be undoubted black marks against him... "Armageddon" and the whole Rangers debacle, most obviously, but also the referees strike, and the saga of the 'season of shame' and all that. However there are several areas in which he'll be perceived to have done well... most obviously the implementation of various reforms in respect of disciplinary process, committee structure, the SFA development programme/performance strategy/performance schools, and an introduction of the pyramid system. Would I be right in saying SFA has also performed fairly well in commercial terms: with improved TV deals, and sponsorship from the likes of William Hill and Vauxhall?

I've also no doubt that plenty football people in other nations will think that Scottish football really is nothing without the Old Firm chase, so maybe they'd think he was right. I'd be interested to know what the perception was abroad: did people think it was mad that we ever considered not making Rangers enter at the bottom, or did they think we were mad for putting sporting integrity above (supposed) commercial interests?

Intriguing development, anyway.

One of the clowns who allowed Rangers to start from the bottom. Glad to see him go. I'd like to see us now getting into the EPL and leave you all to it!

How are you not banned AWRA?

I struggle to recall what Gordon Smith did. Anyone?

He proposed the 'Andy Driver' rule.

George Burley

He also lead the witch hunt against Mikoliunas when he took a dive for Lithuania against Scotland at Hampden, was responsible for getting Eduardo a ban after taking a dive against us.

Archived