John Potter's Pars vs Stranraer

DAFC

Moffat is absolutely dreadful. How does this pretender keep getting a game? He missed from two fucking yards. It was easier to score than manage what he done. :lol: Ship the fucker back to Ayr and get Wallace starting in his place.

Wasn't impressed by Falkingham either, his passing was shocking. Stranraer weren't brilliant by any means, yet never looked in danger of losing their lead.

Potter's going to have his work cut out sorting this team, only two of the starting eleven are any good.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get Moffat to f**k and Wallace up front he'd have scored that chance today.

Long way to go and all that shite but I can guarantee those of opposing teams that still think we're going to win the title one thing: we ain't.

6 point gap before Christmas to two part timers just simply isn't good enough.

Moffat is absolutely dreadful. How does this pretender keep getting a game? He missed from two fucking yards. It was easier to score than manage what he done. :lol: Ship the fucker back to Ayr and get Wallace starting in his place.

Wasn't impressed by Falkingham either, his passing was shocking. Stranraer weren't brilliant by any means, yet never looked in danger of losing their lead.

Potter's going to have his work cut out sorting this team, only two of the starting eleven are any good.

Stranraer were missing two key players Gibson/Stirling

Could get even worse for us as Brechin and Peterhead are right up our arse and we play them in our next two games. :unsure2:

Ooft. That's right, oh dear. Think we'll beat Peterheed thugs and lose to City of Brechin tbh.

Outstanding stuff from Stevie Aitken and his men. With all the talk of departures I hope hitting top of the league is a big incentive for everyone to stick together until May. They deserve a good go at this.

He is on alot of money at his full time job...now am sorry but if anybody can offer him the same money as he makes at rolls royce then yes am sure he will leave but we are talking about scottish football here he aint going to leave to go full time in football management because the money just aint there.

Thought Longworth looked a class act and your midfield looked strong. At the back your centre halfs are solid. No real flair players as such today but maybe Gibson could add that on his day?

On another day with a bit of luck or a decent striker we would've won that game. I wasn't at the cup defeat so it would be interesting to hear a Stranraer fans thoughts on the difference between that game and today.

Thought Longworth looked a class act and your midfield looked strong. At the back your centre halfs are solid. No real flair players as such today but maybe Gibson could add that on his day?

On another day with a bit of luck or a decent striker we would've won that game. I wasn't at the cup defeat so it would be interesting to hear a Stranraer fans thoughts on the difference between that game and today.

I was at both, and thought the difference was encouraging. This time out we matched them for dig and application. Still look short on confidence, but I can handle that. So long as we continue to go at like that, I think it will return. We played a style much more suited to this division.

Playing well below PAR,, Stranraer FC still own DAFC,,,,can we play you every week ? :thumsup2 :thumsup2 :thumsup2

Nope, 2 wins doesn't mean you own us at all, the stats are overwhelmingly in our favour.

BBC Sport must have got ther stats wrong then, gave the Pars 51% of the play..... but most important stats - shots ....Pars 5 Stranraer 7......shots on target Pars 2 Stranraer 3. Then again they like the ref might be bias ,as you claim.

Good chance they have, they are a million miles from accurate in regards to scottish football, its laughable that anybody takes them seriously, they are so discredited.

He is on alot of money at his full time job...now am sorry but if anybody can offer him the same money as he makes at rolls royce then yes am sure he will leave but we are talking about scottish football here he aint going to leave to go full time in football management because the money just ain't there.

he has made it clear to anybody that will listen he is desperate to be full time. He, like many in and out of football could be willing to take a financial hit in order to progress his career/ have more favourable working conditions . He's right at the beginning of his management career and doing well for himself, unless he accepts stagnation he'll need to bite the bullet at some point and take a chance, and the rewards are certainly there if he does a good job at a full time club.

We didn't play as well as the cup tie but I really couldn't give a.........! 3 points. Can't always play well and to get a win at a difficult venue against a full-time side trying to impress their manager is a Great effort by the Blues. Missing Stephen Stirlings guile and skill was the difference from the last match. With Gibson to come back and Robertson to come back we will eventually be able to fill a bench again.

The pars improved from the last match. More aggression (that I thought the ref let them away with a bit) at bell and longridges booking. He failed to book any pars players yet they were in there pushing and shoving as well. I thought he was dire towards us as well. Oh and btw the goal you scored was offside. When the initial cross came the pars player who headed the ball was 1/2 yard ahead of our defenders.

Some great blocks and clearances from our team.

The Pars had the better of the play but winning these type of games is the mark of a good side, well done to Stranraer.

Potter had the team playing a style better suited to this division, getting the ball forward more quickly and try to win the second ball. For all the criticism that Moffat gets he won a decent amount of the long balls and has a good touch, brings others into the game well.

Last season we were great up until Xmas but could kick an arse after that. Hopefully this season proves to be the reverse!

Archived