RandomAttempt at righting wrongs

RandomGuy.

FWIW I'm pretty sure I go straight into the CL Group Stage now, which is a first for the club, so that could well put a massive dent in the debt. Just need to try and build on this.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Untitled_zpsjkckbx2o.png

MOAR PAIN, MOAR SUFFERING.

Five more bitter years to go. I've been here eight full seasons now, my longest spell at a single club in this save (aye, I'll keep the pretence up). Not sure whats going to happen tbh, we're a little short of cash these days.

That photo really pisses me off.

Whenever you sign a new contract or do something good, it always mentions some shitey European/cup defeat to a smaller club instead of focusing on something positive.

That photo really pisses me off.

Whenever you sign a new contract or do something good, it always mentions some shitey European/cup defeat to a smaller club instead of focusing on something positive.

They brought the result up when talking about me leading Saints to the title :lol: its been four years FFS

Scotland manager James Fowler was sacked after failing to win a game at the Euros, so I've decided to take the role on.

Scotland manager James Fowler was sacked after failing to win a game at the Euros, so I've decided to take the role on.
Thank f**k I hate that c**t,should never have got the job in the first place.

James Fowler left QotS and then joined me as player/assistant in my Grimsby save. He's rejected managerial jobs elsewhere and is still my assistant in 2022/23 season - not that I'm near yours but mad how easily the career's can go down different paths.

James Fowler left QotS and then joined me as player/assistant in my Grimsby save. He's rejected managerial jobs elsewhere and is still my assistant in 2022/23 season - not that I'm near yours but mad how easily the career's can go down different paths.

I'd have to double check it, but I'm sure he became manager of Kilmarnock before Scotland thanks to his links there, and with the fact they're owned by a billionaire these days his rep got boosted right up. Hadnt achieved anything special before that

I have to apologise, had planned to go back to monthly updates this season, but had a disaster so got distracted trying to remedy it. Currently halfway through the season, but had to quit the Scotland job at the end of October, as Saints were sitting three points off relegation at that point with no games in hand....

Transfers

Untitled_zpsjjrbqei7.png

Some big departures. I let Hemun go despite his goalscoring record (29 league goals in 60 games), the fact he only played 60 times highlights why I done it though, as he's constantly crocked. Let Granger return to Rangers too as he's surplus now. Made a loss with Cox because he's shit. Did not want Curtis to leave, but forgot about his release clause until it was too late.

Herrera is a CB, who looks outstanding. Livermore was initially meant to be a back up DM to Curtis, but with that departure looks like he'll be starting. Hobbs and Nielsen are both strikers brought in to see if they can replace Hemun, both in their early twenties too, have higher hopes for Hobbs tbh, as Nielsen just seems to be pure pace. Blood is a second choice right winger who could develop nicely. The others are youths.

Scottish Premiership

Untitled_zpsa66v3qbk.png

Awful start to proceedings, with a run of 4 wins in 14 games to start things, a run which had me 3 points off the bottom. We then went on the almost exact opposite run, as we settled down a bit. The new strikers were contributed nothing, which wasnt helping.

Untitled_zpsuejpcjqi.png

A far, far better end to proceedings, just a shame about the post-split mini collapse. Nielsen came up good with Bjornsson was out, but Hobbs, dear Christ he was shite, not a single league goal.

Untitled_zpslsixbwao.png

Disappointing, in truth, as we are a better side than Rangers and Celtic, and should have won the league this year. But after the start we had, I cant complain too much.

Untitled_zpsyad2nrtg.png

Great, a Summer where Ill struggle to make signings, due to an embargo. Great.

in other news we're improving the Training facilities, and getting an extra 3,000 seats put in.

Can I ask how Clyde and Villa are getting on?

Clyde will spend the next season in League One, having just lost a Play-Off match to see them relegated from the Championship. It ends a four season run in that league, with two 7th placed finished and a 4th placed finish their record. Rest of the times been spent in League One. Joe Thomson, the ex-Celtic winger, took charge of your relegation season and may lose his job.

Aston Villa finished 5th in the Championship this season, and won the Play-Off Final 2-1 against Leicester. This will be their fourth attempt at staying in the Premiership in six years, with all the previous attempts seeing them relegated after one season. They won the League Cup in 2033.

Untitled_zpsfkjoidoe.png

So after two weeks of my competitors making transfers and strengthening, while we sit and wait to be freed up to do so, it looks like its all been pointless.

Fantastic.

Archived