RandomAttempt at righting wrongs

RandomGuy.

Hull City, who were just relegated from the Premiership, just approached me...

Also, Hibs finished 7th in the Championship, and Dundee finished 3rd in League One but lost in the play offs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summer Transfers

Decided I better start screenshotting the incomers, as we're reaching the stage where more will be regens and you'll end up having no idea who half the folk in my team are! This will be constantly updated until the end of the transfer window.

Barry Rowley - Free Transfer

Untitled39_zpsc8c2be6e.png

My defence was ravaged by injuries at points, which forced me to punt in youngsters who simply weren't ready. Bringing in Rowley allows me to let these young players leave on loan for regular game time, while also adding more quality to the defensive depth. He can still improve as well. He's primarily a right back but can play all across the back four.

Alfonso Amadori - £235k from AC Milan

Untitled40_zps050602d8.png

Talented midfielder who can play centrally or on the right. Has a lot of potential but also looks like he could perform straight away.

Shaun Watts - Free Transfer

Untitled40_zps55af5a45.png

Looks pretty poor for a striker, I admit, but his ability score goals is uncanny. 1 in 3 in the English Championship last year and 1 in 2 for his country. I'm desperately needing someone to take the pressure of Rooney too, as Smith simply isn't good enough and I released Martin.

Summer Transfers Round Up

Untitled40_zpscfa75c2c.png

Made some perhaps controversial outgoings. Most are youngsters, but Hayes, Pawlett, Martin and Ross all played roles last season. Didn't feel like any were worth the money they were on so let them go when I had the chance. Shaun Fridge was fairly regular last season but wasn't progressing and couldn't find a loan for him so it was best to move him on, thankfully Rangers decided to pay me seven times his value.

Perhaps more importantly you never told us if Falkirk stayed up??

Indeed! Took a league screenshot too early. But yeah they lost 3-1 at home to QOS in the Play-Off Final, before winning 3-1 in Dumfries thanks to a 94th minute goal, they then won 5-4 on penalties to stay up and keep Micky Mellon in a job.

Indeed! Took a league screenshot too early. But yeah they lost 3-1 at home to QOS in the Play-Off Final, before winning 3-1 in Dumfries thanks to a 94th minute goal, they then won 5-4 on penalties to stay up and keep Micky Mellon in a job.

Is it sad that I feel jealous of virtual fans? Some game!

Enjoying this thread and hoping to see you have another crack at England soon.

Is it sad that I feel jealous of virtual fans? Some game!

Enjoying this thread and hoping to see you have another crack at England soon.

Edit - Enjoying it so much I posted twice.

How on earth are Killie so mediocre with their billionaire owner?

Ive genuinely no idea. Ill double check later but i know for certain they have the likes of Walcott, Moutinho and Llorente playing for them, who should really be ripping apart every side they face.

Only thing is they seem to change managers constantly.

European Qualifiers

Goalkeepers

1. Jordan Archer (28)

15. Ross Lawson (19)

Defenders

2. Barry Rowley (22)

3. Stephen Hendrie (26)

4. Jack Grimmer (27)

5. Coll Donaldson (26)

12. Fraser Kerr (28)

18. Jim Fenlon (27)

22. Bob Bell (22)

Midfielders

6. Liam Kelly (31)

7. John McGinn (26)

10. Chris Main (16)

16. Alfonso Amadori (20)

17. Alan Forrest (24)

19. Josh Sims (24)

20. Mikele Pucic (23)

21. Kenny McLean (29)

23. Tom Cairney (30)

Strikers

9. Adam Rooney (33)

11. Shaun Watts (22)

14. Cammy Smith (26)

Untitled40_zps8e4fe1ef.png

Disappointed at how we went out the Champions League, as Besiktas were beatable. Overall we've had a pretty slow start to the season though, so I blame my work in pre-season for our exit. Last years group was an absolute shiter, with us drawing Man City, Dinamo and Twente, so Id be utterly astounded if we got a draw as bad as that again in the Europa League....

Untitled40_zps3dc36685.png

tumblr_mm6oy8V3XM1s9ylyfo1_400.gif

July/August

Untitled40_zpsec7b1b70.png

Fairly inconsistent, but the fact its early in the season and we have four European ties wedged in too its not that surprising or worrying. We've conceded three 90th minute goals though, against Motherwell, Falkirk and Rangers.

Untitled40_zps8b89363f.png

September

Untitled41_zpsff2d8714.png

New lads are starting to step up to the plate in attack, sadly Rowley isn't doing so well. Started against Celtic and sold four goals, was more solid against Newcastle though who beat us thanks to a quality strike. Only disappointment was that Celtic game. We've had a lot, and I mean a lot, of injuries this month. Kerr, Fenlon, Donaldson, Kelly, Sims, Forrest and Rooney all missed three or more matches.

Untitled41_zps55cfad12.png

Looks worse than it is, I think.

October

Untitled41_zpsf80a642a.png

A perfect month. Victory over Celtic was the sweetest, and we play Hearts in the Semi Final, beating Braga also enhances our chances of qualifying from the groups too. I've a massive selection problem though, as Amadori has been outstanding on the right wing the last two months, actually forcing me to use Forrest on the left. Problem is my first choice for the left is Sims, who's now returned from injury, so I'm going to have to leave one out.

Untitled41_zps5fab200a.png

Bit hard to judge due to all the difference in games played, but I'm far happier with how it looks compared to last month.

Untitled41_zpscc028622.png

Expecting Newcastle to win, or at least not lose, in the rest of their games. If thats correct then one victory from the final three games should see me progress.

November

Untitled42_zpsa6ae8446.png

Another unbeaten month, which is pleasing. Sims returned from injury to score the winner against United, sadly he also then got injured again just minutes laters, his ten minute cameo was well worth it though. A point away to Hearts is respectable aswell. Then we absolutely pumped an awful Spartak. Stranraer was a cakewalk. Still worried about my strikers, Rooneys reliable but Watts simply isn't contributing enough, getting goals against lower league teams is alright but thats literally all he's doing. May look for another forward in January and let Watts leave.

Untitled42_zpsb91d4662.png

Still adrift of the top three, but we're catching up and have games in hand. Nice to Killies shiteness is now over, so thanks to whoever it was who jinxed that, as if they get into the Champions League (at last), then they'll be able to attract the players who'll move them beyond me.

Untitled42_zps63018f84.png

We make up for last years heartbreak with qualification this time around. Was easier than I expected tbh. St Mirren sit two points clear in second in their group, and play the third placed team in the last game. While Kilmarnock sit third, two points behind Fiorentina, who they also play on the last day. Celtic sit bottom of their Champions League group, two points behind third, and they play group topping PSG on the final day.

Untitled42_zpsc9d22b79.png

An extra (roughly) 3500 seats being put in. Nice to keep forward momentum going. The cost really means we need to keep going with European football though, but hopefully the increased income from home games will help us there. We'll hopefully be able to make it worthwhile

Untitled42_zps7fd6eeb3.png

Could be good, could be bad. Still in the very early stages so it might not come to anything yet. Last time this happened to me I was sacked not long after the new board took over, so hopefully that doesn't happen here. Ideally I'd get a billionaire owner who'll allow me to dominate Europe. In reality it'll be Jamie Langfield and he'll cut my budgets.

December

Untitled42_zpsc960304f.png

Another month of missed opportunities. Our over reliance of Rooney is absolutely embarrassing. A striker should be a priority, but I'm under a transfer embargo, so that likely won't be solved.

Untitled42_zps562a9ed3.png

Celtic are running away with it slightly, annoyingly. We'll be lucky to finish third at this rate.

Untitled42_zps668ad48a.png

We play PSV in the next round, which will be a cracker, hoping for a surprise result. PSV are stacked full of young Dutch regens worryingly though. Both St Mirren and Kilmarnock lost and were knocked out, while Celtic finished bottom of their group. So Im the only Scottish team left in Europe

Archived