Dundee United v Celtic - Sunday 21st December

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favourite away trips, fond memories of helicopter thursday in 2008 & generally a ground we usually do quite well at, only downside is the stewards and polis have a bit of a personality disorder and serious attitude problem

You clearly haven't been an away fan at Parkhead have you? Your stewards are the worst of the worst.

The United security firm was replaced a couple of seasons ago now, much better since.

I love Dundee Utd v Celtic fixtures. :)

I keep hoping for a classic attack and counter attacking game with plenty of goals for both sides in a close fought game. I just need Utd to show up with intent and show some title challenger credentials and keep the Premiership tight.

If Utd don't show up or Shifty gets red carded then I fear a pumping for the Tangerine terrors. :(

Haven't been to a home game in a while, 99% sure I've picked the wrong one.

Hope so. :)

Don't worry. First home game I've missed this season so bound to be a historic victory.

Hope no. :(

If we play like we did against St Mirren, ideally a touch more deadly in front of goal, we will win at a canter. Celtic to win by three.

I love Dundee Utd v Celtic fixtures. :)

I keep hoping for a classic attack and counter attacking game with plenty of goals for both sides in a close fought game. I just need Utd to show up with intent and show some title challenger credentials and keep the Premiership tight.

If Utd don't show up or Shifty gets red carded then I fear a pumping for the Tangerine terrors. :(

We don't need anyone to get sent off to get a pumping off Celtic. We barely ever turn up for these games. The semi final in 2013 and the first game at Parkhead last season were rare extremely performances and we still didn't win either of them.

I really can't remember the last time I was so unenthusiastic about going along to Tannadice, the shite kick off time isn't helping either admittedly. At least it really can't go much worse than the 6-1 game at Parkhead in August.

The United security firm was replaced a couple of seasons ago now, much better since.

Moustached cunto still worked there earlier this season, so its still dreadful for away fans

With Paton being suspended we should go

Rado

Dillon Morris Fojut Townsend

Armstrong Butcher Rankin

Erskine Dow

Ciftci

Meant to be a 4-3-3/4-5-1 to give us 5 men in midfield if needed and attacking thrust when on the ball.

What will actually happen is same old formation with Butcher in for Paton.

Either Dow or GMS since Connoly is out.

Could play Butcher & Telfer with Spitall, Armstrong and Erskine in front of them.

Would only leave GMS as an 'impact ' player on the bench.

Might sound a bit radical but given our track record against Celtic and the way we played last week I reckon it's as good as any alternative.

I'm going to be brazenly optimistic and apply the infinite monkey theorem to this fixture, suggesting that as we continue to play Celtic and kick the football around at random ad infinitum, one day we will almost surely not lose. With this in mind I think the time has come to almost not lose.

0-1 at a canter.

Could play Butcher & Telfer with Spitall, Armstrong and Erskine in front of them.

Would only leave GMS as an 'impact ' player on the bench.

Might sound a bit radical but given our track record against Celtic and the way we played last week I reckon it's as good as any alternative.

I'd actually forgot about Spittal. I doubt JMac will move beyond his favourites though tbh.

That said he watches the players every week in training, he obviously feels that the younger guys won't add much to the first team atm.

Looking forward to coming up for this even more now that someone else is driving.

I assume there will be free food, drink and dancing girls laid on for the traveling support?

In these Armageddon times I'm afraid we can only provide cold pies, weak tea and easy sluts.

Archived