The Maureens v Steelmen 6 pointer 20/12/14

were the panda club that group that sat in the west stand in the block nearest the well fans? Couldn't believe it when some of our so called "fans" started making rude gestures at a group of choldren

No that'll be the teenage version of our panda club :lol: . If your in the away end the panda club are in the stand behind the goals at the other end, on the left hand side.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No that'll be the teenage version of our panda club :lol: . If your in the away end the panda club are in the stand behind the goals at the other end, on the left hand side.

I think those are the fud club you were referring to ! Your probably right about the atmosphere it's just this scunner of a season that's curbing my enthusiasm but perhaps Saturday will be a fresh start with a better air about the place without old man fud around.

nah it was definitely a group of school kids supervised by teachers etc

It was a group of Cubs.

Can't see us getting much joy from this game, we can't score and clean sheets seem beyond us.

Would take a 0-0 borefest as I will be at work.

Obviously very hard to call the game tomorrow. Well have a new manager, we have a caretaker taking charge of his first home game. Anything could happen really.

Can never really read too much into a performance at Parkhead, but Teale did go for it last week. It was a bit too open at times, but it was something a bit different from what we'd normally do there.

I'm assuming we'll probably go for it tomorrow too, so both teams to score would be a likely outcome IMO. It's a big game for us and our caretaker manager. If we lose his chance of getting the gig full time is basically gone. If we win he'll be in the box seat.

Expecting another close game, as every match between us and the teams in the bottom 6 has been this season. Another 3-2 home win would do just fine, but I'll go for a score draw... Say 2-2.

Was actually talking last night about the lack of atmosphere - prompted by what looked like a great atmosphere at the Bournemouth v Liverpool game.

I don't believe the problem is the ground though, I believe it's that (league cup runs aside, when none of the big games have been at home) there has been next to nothing happening on the pitch to get us excited for many years now.

If we take the rose coloured specs off, I'm pretty sure the atmosphere at the previous St Mirren Park was really no different.

IF (massive IF!) we can improve the product on the pitch, and start getting 5-6,000 HOME fans turning up, then the stadium will actually help us create an atmosphere.

But it cannot do it on its own in a (quite literal) vacuum.

I think there's a lot of rose tinted glasses. The atmosphere at St Mirren Park was absolutely amazing in games like the Utd and Motherwell games last season (where, surprise, we won). The atmosphere has been crap this season because we haven't bloody won yet!

Aye the atmosphere was electric in the 2nd half. Never heard a noise like it when Thommo scored that late winner. Even the panda club were going mental.

Agreed. The product on the pitch has to get the fans up for it and sadly that hasn't happened for a long time.

Another game that springs to mind where the atmosphere was brilliant was when we beat Rangers (got rest their soul) on Christmas Eve a few years back. That was brilliant!!

THIS.

There have been occasions at Lego Land when the atmosphere has been brilliant. Granted, these have been few and far between but that's because the product on the pitch has been poor. The game a few seasons ago when we beat County 5-4 with Sir Thommo getting the overhead winner was brilliant. I can (almost) remember a Friday night game when pretty much everyone in the main stand was puggelt and there was something of a buzz about the place.

Obviously, I hope that the Darling Buds take the points. I hope that Teale has the boys gee'd up for this and we have a go, if we can try and have a crack at Parkheed, then no reason why we cant when we're at home to the Well.

Money to be made here, with both teams to score.

Mon the Buddies...!

Thinking of heading along to this to escape pre Xmas shopping. First time at the new ground. Where's the best place to park - see there's a few spaces at the ground itself?

Oh and what ever happened to the Captain - not been on for ages and these threads just ain't the same without his usual about more St Mirren fans invading Fir Park in 1977 than there have ever been Motherwell fans.... It's like Christmas minus the turkey

Thinking of heading along to this to escape pre Xmas shopping. First time at the new ground. Where's the best place to park - see there's a few spaces at the ground itself?

Oh and what ever happened to the Captain - not been on for ages and these threads just ain't the same without his usual about more St Mirren fans invading Fir Park in 1977 than there have ever been Motherwell fans.... It's like Christmas minus the turkey

There's plenty of on street parking around the ground. Wouldn't advise the stadium car park as you need to pay and it takes ages to clear post match. For the away end try Clark St or McKean St, you should get a space there no problem.

As for the Captain, he still posts on BAWA. No idea why he chucked posting on here.

Archived