The Maureens v Steelmen 6 pointer 20/12/14

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is!? Do share.

Cause I'm sure I'll probably disagree with it and then someone will probably disagree with me and so forth.

Genuinely interested to hear what you think our best 11 is though.

Yeah, i'm sure most of us would have one or two differing players. For me, if all fit and on form (don't laugh), then our best XI is as follows;

Twardzik, Ramsden O'Brien McManus Hammell, Ainsworth Lasley Carswell Vigurs, Ojamaa Sutton.

Not going on Saturday. I really detest the new St.Mirren Park. Horrible Legoland effort and I dread the day that we'll move into something similar. Love St was a cracking ground. I miss that. I've also never seen us win at the new ground, so i'll stay away.

I'm liking the sound of Baraclough, here's hoping he can boot a few up the arse. This game isn't quite a must-win, but I'd go as far as saying it's a must-not-lose.

Yeah, i'm sure most of us would have one or two differing players. For me, if all fit and on form (don't laugh), then our best XI is as follows;

Twardzik, Ramsden O'Brien McManus Hammell, Ainsworth Lasley Carswell Vigurs, Ojamaa Sutton.

Not going on Saturday. I really detest the new St.Mirren Park. Horrible Legoland effort and I dread the day that we'll move into something similar. Love St was a cracking ground. I miss that. I've also never seen us win at the new ground, so i'll stay away.

I'm liking the sound of Baraclough, here's hoping he can boot a few up the arse. This game isn't quite a must-win, but I'd go as far as saying it's a must-not-lose.

Most of us said that too, but within weeks that sentiment had changed.

Grounds like the old St Mirren Park and Fir Park are not fit for purpose now.

The away stand at Fir Park is awful, and when we were in the main stand in a semi-final v Hearts 3 years ago I couldn't believe that it actually managed to get a safety certificate.

Maybe the reason you hate it is more related to " I've also never seen us win at the new ground" :rolleyes:

The away stand at Fir Park is awful, and when we were in the main stand in a semi-final v Hearts 3 years ago I couldn't believe that it actually managed to get a safety certificate.

Maybe the reason you hate it is more related to " I've also never seen us win at the new ground" :rolleyes:

:lol: Quite possibly!

I hear what you're saying. Fir Park is a shithole, of that their is no doubt, but it's our shithole. Maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy git as I get older. There was something great about getting into the away end at Love St and having to navigate your way down the steepest stairwell in Scottish Football to get to your seat.

There was something great about getting into the away end at Love St and having to navigate your way down the steepest stairwell in Scottish Football to get to your seat.

Weirdest place. Big concrete nonsense to get you to the top, only to have to face the vertigo inducing angle to get back down. Literally never understood why you didn't climb up the fucker, rather than the other way around. Good wee spot, though.

Is there still free beans with hot food in Paisley? #dealbreaker

It is!? Do share.

Cause I'm sure I'll probably disagree with it and then someone will probably disagree with me and so forth.

Genuinely interested to hear what you think our best 11 is though.

It's basically the team that played most weeks last season with Ojamaa replacing McFadden and O'Brien replacing Hutchinson and Twardzik replacing Hollis.

Twardzik - Reid, O'Brien, McManus, Hammell - Carswell, Lasley, Ainsworth, Vigurs, Ojamaa - Sutton.

Only thing I'd change is the formation from a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 to a 4-2-3-1. Vigurs in the middle, Ojamaa wide left, Ainsworth wide right.

My main gripe with the new stadium (except from the fact I've not seen us win there either) is the shite view. I can barely make out what's happening down the other end.

I liked love street it was a decent view, you new the noise from the home end was on the left hand side but the home fans were only allowed up to the halfway line for whatever reason and it was closer the the pubs. Plus the fact we only lost one out the four games I went to at love street

Weirdest place. Big concrete nonsense to get you to the top, only to have to face the vertigo inducing angle to get back down. Literally never understood why you didn't climb up the fucker, rather than the other way around. Good wee spot, though.

Is there still free beans with hot food in Paisley? #dealbreaker

You still get free beans so welcome on Sat. Hopefully our defense won't give anything else away but that would be a first.

And I hope Teale has the balls to drop Cheesy on Saturday. The defence needs changing and Tess looks more accomplished in that position after a couple of games than Cheesy ever has. Play Plummer or Goodwin or Baird with Tess. It could not be any worse a combination that what we have had all season.

My sentiments regarding the new stadium haven't changed, the Well fan was spot on. For players and officals it's probably an excellent facility but it's soulless and lacking in atmosphere. Also the walk out in horrible winter weather is awful certainly off putting for any swithering fans. Give me Love St anyday.

My sentiments regarding the new stadium haven't changed, the Well fan was spot on. For players and officals it's probably an excellent facility but it's soulless and lacking in atmosphere. Also the walk out in horrible winter weather is awful certainly off putting for any swithering fans. Give me Love St anyday.

Was actually talking last night about the lack of atmosphere - prompted by what looked like a great atmosphere at the Bournemouth v Liverpool game.

I don't believe the problem is the ground though, I believe it's that (league cup runs aside, when none of the big games have been at home) there has been next to nothing happening on the pitch to get us excited for many years now.

If we take the rose coloured specs off, I'm pretty sure the atmosphere at the previous St Mirren Park was really no different.

IF (massive IF!) we can improve the product on the pitch, and start getting 5-6,000 HOME fans turning up, then the stadium will actually help us create an atmosphere.

But it cannot do it on its own in a (quite literal) vacuum.

I think there's a lot of rose tinted glasses. The atmosphere at St Mirren Park was absolutely amazing in games like the Utd and Motherwell games last season (where, surprise, we won). The atmosphere has been crap this season because we haven't bloody won yet!

I think there's a lot of rose tinted glasses. The atmosphere at St Mirren Park was absolutely amazing in games like the Utd and Motherwell games last season (where, surprise, we won). The atmosphere has been crap this season because we haven't bloody won yet!

Aye the atmosphere was electric in the 2nd half. Never heard a noise like it when Thommo scored that late winner. Even the panda club were going mental.

Agreed. The product on the pitch has to get the fans up for it and sadly that hasn't happened for a long time.

Another game that springs to mind where the atmosphere was brilliant was when we beat Rangers (got rest their soul) on Christmas Eve a few years back. That was brilliant!!

Aye the atmosphere was electric in the 2nd half. Never heard a noise like it when Thommo scored that late winner. Even the panda club were going mental.

were the panda club that group that sat in the west stand in the block nearest the well fans? Couldn't believe it when some of our so called "fans" started making rude gestures at a group of choldren

Archived