The Maureens v Steelmen 6 pointer 20/12/14

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sensitive... or just not impressed by 'patter' that wasn't funny the first few hundred times.

The Fake Saints patter between our clubs is tip top 'patter' IMO.

Can't see past a Motherwell win here. They've got the more dangerous players and St Mirren have an awful defence and a half fit Thompson up the other end.

2-0 Well.

The Fake Saints patter between our clubs is tip top 'patter' IMO.

Can't see past a Motherwell win here. They've got the more dangerous players and St Mirren have an awful defence and a half fit Thompson up the other end.

2-0 Well.

We seem to beat Motherwell when the chips are down, it's happened a few times over the last few seasons. Thompson is always good for a goal against them, looked a bit more sharp against Celtic too.

With Goodwin and Osbourne back in midfield it will allow McLean and McGinn to attack more. We should be much more solid. Our problem position is centre back and right wing, I'd play Drury because he does get into goal scoring positions and that could be the difference.

Wasn't impressed with Well last week but Celtic have hit a good bit of form. I think the midfield battle will be key on Saturday, Sutton and Ojamma can hurt us no doubt, but if we can get McLean and McGinn at Lasley I think we can win this. Motherwell's defence seems slightly better than ours but not by much. I think they can be got at.

Two red dots from Maureens. :lol: What a sensitive bunch.

I red dotted you for your avatar and just general pishness. The term 'Maureen' doesn't bother me in the slightest, in fact, I've used it plenty times to describe us in the past. I'm glad the red dot upset you.

2-0 St Mirren.

Great idea! Took a look on BAWA and left right away. The amount of dour faced c***s on that forum who think everything we do is crap.

I think it's a great idea, a bit of atmosphere and excitement next door to the park! Nothing worse than a 20min walk in the pissing rain before kick off to take the edge off the booze from the pub. Not that it's all about the drinking...

I red dotted you for your avatar and just general pishness. The term 'Maureen' doesn't bother me in the slightest, in fact, I've used it plenty times to describe us in the past. I'm glad the red dot upset you.

2-0 St Mirren.

I could reciprocate but since you're a Nawbag and your team is in disarray I reckon you have enough problems.

Merry Christmas.

Great idea! Took a look on BAWA and left right away. The amount of dour faced c***s on that forum who think everything we do is crap.

I think it's a great idea, a bit of atmosphere and excitement next door to the park! Nothing worse than a 20min walk in the pissing rain before kick off to take the edge off the booze from the pub. Not that it's all about the drinking...

The drink license was approved today so its got the green light. Hopefully the fans come out in force now that TC is gone.

Strangely really looking forward to this. Was a bit underwhelmed at his appointment but every thing I've seen and heard from Baraclough so far has impressed me and I have this strange sense of optimism for the 1st time this season. Of course this could prove completely unfounded and Saints could pump us on Saturday as they always seem to during a big game between the two and we could easily be bottom of the league come Saturday night.

However It''ll be interesting to see what Baraclough does. He talks about his players requiring to work hard to get in his team so it'll be interesting to see what he does with the likes of Vigurs and Ainsworth. I can also go into a game for the 1st time in months with hope that we might not start with Sutton isolated up front on his own as we proceed to pump aimless, high balls towards him.

No one really knows though what he thinks of our players and who he does or doesn't rate so it's hard to tell how exactly we will approach this one. Can't imagine he'll make sweeping changes mind but hopefully this week his fresh approach and new ideas can give the team a lift going into this one.

Much like last week, any sort of win will do.

I don't think we'll see much change in terms of personnel or line up. Our best 11 is fairly obvious and despite a clamber for younger players to be included none of them has really done much to force inclusion.

Formation wise I suspect, like almost every other team, we'll line up in a 3-2-3-1, we've mostly played 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 under McCall but it will just be a case of re-organizing starting positions rather than actually changing the players. Ojamaa can easily go left midfield, Vigurs can easily go attacking centre midfield etc, etc.

I don't think we'll see much change in terms of personnel or line up. Our best 11 is fairly obvious and despite a clamber for younger players to be included none of them has really done much to force inclusion.

Formation wise I suspect, like almost every other team, we'll line up in a 3-2-3-1, we've mostly played 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 under McCall but it will just be a case of re-organizing starting positions rather than actually changing the players. Ojamaa can easily go left midfield, Vigurs can easily go attacking centre midfield etc, etc.

It is!? Do share.

Cause I'm sure I'll probably disagree with it and then someone will probably disagree with me and so forth.

Genuinely interested to hear what you think our best 11 is though.

McAusland needs dropped. I'd like to see Baird or Goodwin played there alongside Tess at centre half. Ideally, we'd have another one to bring in, but nah, cheers for that Tommy.

We do have Plummer - or did for the 2-3 games before he became a permacrock.

He looked excellent, and we have sorely missed the option of having him.

I know there were rumours that he didn't want to play and faked injuries. I'm sure they're wrong, but if there was anything in them and his 'injury' was because he didn't want to play for TC, then maybe he'll be back soon.

We could certainly do with him. I'd feel a lot more confident with Plummer & Tess or Plummer & Goodwin as the centre half pairing.

We do have Plummer - or did for the 2-3 games before he became a permacrock.

He looked excellent, and we have sorely missed the option of having him.

I know there were rumours that he didn't want to play and faked injuries. I'm sure they're wrong, but if there was anything in them and his 'injury' was because he didn't want to play for TC, then maybe he'll be back soon.

We could certainly do with him. I'd feel a lot more confident with Plummer & Tess or Plummer & Goodwin as the centre half pairing.

Plummer did not look excellent at any point. Competent at best.

Our problem is, if any of our defenders actually play to an acceptable level they look excellent. It's an area that's been overlooked since the days of Haining and Cuthbert. Since then we've only had McAusland, McGregor and Haddad.

Plummer did not look excellent at any point. Competent at best.

Our problem is, if any of our defenders actually play to an acceptable level they look excellent. It's an area that's been overlooked since the days of Haining and Cuthbert. Since then we've only had McAusland, McGregor and Haddad.

Okay, to put it differently, he looked better than anything I've seen us have at centre half for a good few years.

Seemed to read the game well, and good on the ball.

At the moment, that's more than enough to walk in to the centre of our defence.

If he was fit, he'd be playing.

Archived