Raith v Hibs

How may goals did Elliot score for us before he chucked it? What was his goal/minute ratio up until Christmas last year?

He seemed to be doing well up to and including that 3-3 draw. Looked every inch the 10-15 goal a season forward we need. Since then, he's been useless. He's essentially a man down.

I've had a quick look, and I think he played every minute of every league game up to (and including) that game. Seventeen games, approximately 1581 minutes, six goals scored (including one penalty), 264 minutes per goal.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game that. Entertaining right up to the last few minutes and both teams looking lively going forward. Ultimately Hibs were just that bit sharper than us in thought and deed. Thought the scoreline flattered them second half but then they'd passed up a couple of great chances in the first.

Ref had a very good game too.

Agree on all of this . only thing that seems to matter is the scoreboard . Even on wins the negative angle is always pursued

I watched on Rovers Abroad

The stick that McKeown was getting for not man marking the man on the touchline was ridiculous. If he goes out there, not only is there an acre of space between him and Hill for Malonga/Cummings to exploit, there's also a much greater risk of the wide player knocking it past him and being able to drive into the box. There are some people in the South Stand (and every other stand across the country, I'm sure) who want every man man-marked, at all times.

McKeown gets stick because he aint very good.Hes no positional sense and ball watches.nobody is expecting him to man mark just close down the space and stopping the supply.in his defence he isn't assistedby lazy conroy

hibs ripped the pish down our left hand side especially in the first half because of the space they were given

A couple folk have mentioned that subbing Anderson on after we've gone 3-1 down is too late, but he might've made a difference at 2-1. He was called back to get stripped pretty much as soon as the second goal went in. I'm not sure what took so long to get him ready, but he was waiting to come on when the third went in. I would've liked to have seen him on before either goal (obviously) but Murray didn't (deliberately) wait until the game was dead before trying to get him on. Agree with those who would've had McKay off instead of Conroy, though.

yep Anderson was called after second goal then sat down again.any manager worth their salt would have had him on from the start or at the very least at 1-1

Yep, Mckeown gets stick has he has been utterly terrible - the lack of competition for places is starting to show.

We have much improved over the last two games, and still lost by an aggregate score of 5-2.

Conroy was our boo boy for the fact he played on the left and didn't attempt to skin people. He also was a bit scared of a tackle so the Dee support fumed at him whenever they had the chance.

Similar relationship with the Raith fans?

Conroy was our boo boy for the fact he played on the left and didn't attempt to skin people. He also was a bit scared of a tackle so the Dee support fumed at him whenever they had the chance.

Similar relationship with the Raith fans?

Like said above I think most Raith fans don't mind him, in regards to open play he doesn't contribute much, a few decent passes but very little in the way of runs, but for set pieces E.G Penaltys/Free Kicks/Corners its good to know you have a reliable guy with a good cross/shot ....

Hes not featured much the last few weeks & even though I think our Loanee from Rangers McKay is ok, I'd still prefer Conroy ... I could be mistaken, but I think hes also our Top Goalscorer this season so far (albeit from Penaltys/Free Kicks) !

His corners are in the Joe Cardle catagory ie no pace and just lofted in with an element of hope one of our players gets their napper on it. To give Conroy some credit he can normally get his corners past the first man. Also Mckeown's long throws are bloody infuriating, if you watch him lining one up you can almost guess where it's going to land and 9 times out of 10 we've got no one there supporting him from what is apparently regarded as a strong part of his game.

The stick that McKeown was getting for not man marking the man on the touchline was ridiculous. If he goes out there, not only is there an acre of space between him and Hill for Malonga/Cummings to exploit, there's also a much greater risk of the wide player knocking it past him and being able to drive into the box. There are some people in the South Stand (and every other stand across the country, I'm sure) who want every man man-marked, at all times.

A couple folk have mentioned that subbing Anderson on after we've gone 3-1 down is too late, but he might've made a difference at 2-1. He was called back to get stripped pretty much as soon as the second goal went in. I'm not sure what took so long to get him ready, but he was waiting to come on when the third went in. I would've liked to have seen him on before either goal (obviously) but Murray didn't (deliberately) wait until the game was dead before trying to get him on. Agree with those who would've had McKay off instead of Conroy, though.

I'm not sure McKeown necessarily deserved the stick but the way the defence as a whole reacted to the two early through balls (one between McKeown and Hill, the other between Hill and Watson) was poor. As a result they narrowed the back four, fair enough, but the midfield continued to play the same way. It'd be easy to look at Conroy but then he's a big part of the attacking game - for me the problem came through the central midfielders either not being clever enough, or not being told, to either cover across the wide areas when play was switched, or sit back five or ten yards to stop the through balls, closing off the space and allowing the back four to return to 'normal'.

On Anderson, it was pretty clear to everyone in the stadium we were in need of a change. The team have done well for 70 minutes two weeks in a row, both weeks at 1-1, the opposition manager has made positive changes and we've sat and done nothing. Murray seems to put this down to coincidence, or in the case of last week the referee, and this "bad luck". It isn't, you make your own luck. He didn't make a positive channge to try and win either game, so we ended up losing.

And in other news, The Courier perhaps shouldn't send such obvious Rangers supporters to our games in future:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/championship/raith-rovers-1-hibernian-3-mckay-shines-for-poor-raith-1.750053

It's a bold statement but I think McKay actually ruined our chances of winning the game, scorer or not. Not that Anderson is a world beater, but McKay slowed down or lost the ball in at least a dozen excellent areas. Just one of them goes right at the right time and we take the lead in the second half. Sometimes you wonder why football fans are happy with someone doing a few tricks and nothing productive.

Archived