Partick Thistle vs Dundee

Would rather forget about today but looking at our threadbare squad, I'm not sure next week will be much fun either considering Partick Thistle were the team that impressed me the most against Dundee this season.

Gary Harkins will be suspended after getting sent off today.

We desperately need both of McGowan and Thomson back, both of whom will be touch and go if we're to get something out of this. And Stewart to have came through today's game without aggravating the knock he took last week.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 3 points against St Mirren coming up before the Derby, a win here would be nice to see us in the top six come Derby day. A point will suffice however.

Bain

McGinn McPake Konrad Dyer

McGowan Thomson Ferry

Wighton Stewart

Clarkson

Hopefully we can play this line-up. Boyle is only ever going to be an impact sub it looks like.

I'll be at this one 8)

With 3 points against St Mirren coming up before the Derby, a win here would be nice to see us in the top six come Derby day. A point will suffice however.

Bain

McGinn McPake Konrad Dyer

McGowan Thomson Ferry

Wighton Stewart

Clarkson

Hopefully we can play this line-up. Boyle is only ever going to be an impact sub it looks like.

I'll be at this one 8)

Think Dyer is injured again.

I'm starting to hope this is called off so we can play it at a time we have a decent midfield again :lol:

We really need Thompson and/or McGowan back for this especially now that Harkins is out. I was suprised to see Stewart getting on today but I'm assuming he'll be ready to start next week which will help a lot. I think Carreiro is back from his loan with mixed reviews, it might be a bit much to chuck him into this for his debut but the way things are going we might not have a choice. I'm one of the let's hope he finally turns good brigade but I've had enough of the tank, it's time to start putting Wighton on before him.

Thistle tore us apart in the first half at Dens with good football so I'm surprised their not further up the table. Is it just a lack of consistency? Hopefully their shite next week after pumping inverness today.

I've got my name down for a bus but if the numbers aren't there for it to run, it'll take a lot of effort for me to go by other means.

Christ, what am I saying. We all know I'll get up on Saturday and go "f**k it" and be in the car/on the train.

The reviews of Carriero very much make him sound like Harkins without the strength.

I heard nothing but good things but they seem to have got a bit negative recently. Too lightweight and either gets caught out too far forward by mistake or just doesn't track back. If he's played in an attacking role like a straight swap for Harkins then I suppose that won't be a problem. That sounds like a tough debut though.

Carreiro sounds like the kind of player who would benefit from playing a free role behind the strikers but I'm not sure we can afford to carry that luxury in the team if he's not keen on the tracking back side of the game. We don't want to turn into St Mirren fans who have never forgiven Gary Harkins for losing his man at Ross County once.

Fuctifano, on 13 Dec 2014 - 22:58, said:

What did GGH get sent off for? Being too sexy? Don't think I've ever seen him put in a tackle so can't be that. Delighted he is missing.

He puts in a lot more effort for us tbf.

It was for arguing with Jason Scotland 20 minutes after he was subbed off after Scotland nearly broke Konrad is half with a late tackle. He'd been booked earlier in the game so received his second and was sent up the tunnel.

Wighton has to play in Harkins role off the striker against Partick, laddy deserves a run of games, Carreiro has to come and fight for his place, he dosen't have to track back in Harkins role so it's another attacking option from the bench but he's better out on loan in someones starting 11 if he won't get game time at us.

Wighton has to play in Harkins role off the striker against Partick, laddy deserves a run of games, Carreiro has to come and fight for his place, he dosen't have to track back in Harkins role so it's another attacking option from the bench but he's better out on loan in someones starting 11 if he won't get game time at us.

Agree... Forgot Roberts and Tankulic. I'd have Wighton playing instead of Boyle as well. Much more versatile. Play him behind Clarkson and Stewart with McAlister, Thomson (hopefully), and Ferry or McGowan in behind. 4-3-1-2

Not looking forward to this one at all. Partick looked a good side earlier in the season against us and had a great victory yesterday. It's time for Wighton to start some games - he is probably the most naturally gifted player at the club. He just needs a few games at this level to toughen him up.

Archived