Montrose v Queens Park

Right I think I am going to this game only because my big teams game looks like being off but no thread for it? it cant be that bad surely? Anyway does anyone want to add some excitement for me? Make it worthwhile turning up even......

McGregor back. Others getting ready.

"On the injury front, the manager confirmed the return of David McGregor who is back in the squad having missed a number of games recently. However, we are likely to be without the services of Vinnie Berry, Scott Gibson, Ross Gallacher and James Baty, all of whom have returned to training – but are not yet ready for a return to first team action."

At times Montrose looked good, and when QP opened the scoring, it was against the run of play.

Second goal was honking defending from Montrose, stuff that schoolboys get lambasted for - two men unmarked at the back post at a corner.

There were good points, but at the end of the day that's three points dropped at home in a match Montrose could have won.

My report is here : http://groaninjock.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/season-20142015-match-5-montrose-1.html

Montrose certainly livelier in the opening 20 although not a lot at goal. Sitter missed early on by the striker could have made it a different day. Seemed to take us a while to adjust to a very fast pitch. Carter took his goal magnificently and continues to impress. The second goal I saw differently from groaninjock. A superb delivery from Miller would make it very difficult for any defence and Woods did his part. It only looks easy when you're in the right place.

Second half was almost a reverse of the first with QP getting the ball down more and passing well, albeit not a lot of work for the Mo goalie. Substitutions seemed to give Mo more impetus, especially after the penalty, and we were less comfortable in the end that seemed likely after an hour. Still, another good hard-working win keeps us at the right end of the table. Two very good goals again too.

Not that much between these two teams yesterday and it looks like it's the front line stopping Mo from being closer to the play-offs. Plenty of time yet.

Another great shift from QP against a Mo team that are probably right to be disappointed in missing out on a point.

Terrific ball from Fraser for the first goal and Miller put over a cross that was simply impossible to defend against for the second. His set pieces and delivery are one of the reasons that we're doing so well this year. One defeat in the last 12 league matches after losing three out of the first four. Happy days.

No rain; superb, meaty pie from the pie stall; and the Legion literally next door for a beer....a great day out. Montrose is a nice wee town. Disappointing turnout though, albeit very near Christmas.

Montrose certainly livelier in the opening 20 although not a lot at goal. Sitter missed early on by the striker could have made it a different day. Seemed to take us a while to adjust to a very fast pitch. Carter took his goal magnificently and continues to impress. The second goal I saw differently from groaninjock. A superb delivery from Miller would make it very difficult for any defence and Woods did his part. It only looks easy when you're in the right place.

Second half was almost a reverse of the first with QP getting the ball down more and passing well, albeit not a lot of work for the Mo goalie. Substitutions seemed to give Mo more impetus, especially after the penalty, and we were less comfortable in the end that seemed likely after an hour. Still, another good hard-working win keeps us at the right end of the table. Two very good goals again too.

Not that much between these two teams yesterday and it looks like it's the front line stopping Mo from being closer to the play-offs. Plenty of time yet.[/has

I agree about your second from the corner. A great delivery that is difficult to defend. Every corner you put in was just about on the money threatening a goal whilst I can't say the same about us.

Our lack of goalscoring threat upfront hasn't been addressed for far to long and I don't think any tinkering of formation is gong to help much.

I think we are about where we deserve to be in the table, still with the possibility of The Rangers imploding again it might save the team at the bottom if they lose in the playoff.

Not that much between these two teams yesterday and it looks like it's the front line stopping Mo from being closer to the play-offs. Plenty of time yet.

We're poor up front but our problem is clearly at the back. Just look at the league table - Most goals conceded & worst goal difference says it all.

As I've said before we didn't strengthen our weakest area pre-season and are now paying the price.

We only have ourselves to blame after taking the cheap option and hiring a manager who's background was with an average junior team, and now he seems hopelessly out of his depth.

No rain; superb, meaty pie from the pie stall; and the Legion literally next door for a beer....a great day out. Montrose is a nice wee town.

Aye it was a top day. Some quality boozers visited before and after

Another hard fought game at Montrose. It always is. Even during that daft run when we beat them 15 games in a row the games at Links Park were always tight.

We scored our first against the run of play and this obviously deflated them as we scored again very quickly. They probably went to sleep a bit at the corner but it was a magnificent delivery and was going straight in if Woods hadn't been there. Been a while since we had such a good set piece taker as Miller.

Montrose put some pressure on us 2nd half and may feel unlucky at not getting a draw but I can’t remember many clear cut chances after the penalty

Any highlights of the game kickin about?

Been a while since we had such a good set piece taker as Miller.

I'd go one further and say that in all my years of being a regular attender (40+) I can't think of anyone quite as good - did you have someone in mind whom you thought was better?

I'd go one further and say that in all my years of being a regular attender (40+) I can't think of anyone quite as good - did you have someone in mind whom you thought was better?

Not really. McGoldrick, McCallum, and McBride were all not bad as well but Miller is probably better

Archived