Super Ally gone

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't think he was a legend?

Firstly, Neville was describing him as being a "legend", not having been one. Perhaps I didn't clarify. Sometimes one forgets the advice "know your audience". :rolleyes:

Secondly, no matter what he did as a player has surely been negated and more by his actions and behaviour since the new club was formed. If you were to weigh his actions, I would personally say that would outweigh any number of hat-tricks. I don't have the Ugly Sister mindset, though, so I'll accept that you lot want to hang onto the good memories, while finding ways to excuse his recent past.

I know there is no way you can get up every week for Killie games and that is why i never mentioned them and used the general term of following football.

I just get pissed off when people use that reason for not going as it implies those who do actively follow football are work shy shysters who neglect their families and that simply is no true.

And yet, when you reply, you delete the part of my post where I actually talk about going to football, generally. Why would you do that?

And yet, when you reply, you delete the part of my post where I actually talk about going to football, generally. Why would you do that?

Ffs...i have absolutely no idea what has offended you in that post.

Where do I say I'm offended? I simply asked why you deleted the central part of my post when you quoted me. It seemed strange, given that that was the most relevant part of my reply. You stated that I choose not to follow football, and I explained - quite politely, I think you'll agree - that I actually do go to matches when possible, coupled with an explanation of why this isn't as often as I'd like.

He's being awfy touchy tonight, lashing out at everyone.

Firstly, Neville was describing him as being a "legend", not having been one. Perhaps I didn't clarify. Sometimes one forgets the advice "know your audience". :rolleyes:

Secondly, no matter what he did as a player has surely been negated and more by his actions and behaviour since the new club was formed. If you were to weigh his actions, I would personally say that would outweigh any number of hat-tricks. I don't have the Ugly Sister mindset, though, so I'll accept that you lot want to hang onto the good memories, while finding ways to excuse his recent past.

Well you claimed it was a "nonsense" so i guessed you disagreed with it.

Like him or hate him, as a player he was a legend, there is no ifs or buts here.

Like him or hate him, as a player he was a legend, there is no ifs or buts here.

Really?

He was a legend?

Can you provide a definition of Legend that could be associated with him?

He's not a player anymore, though. I think his current status falls well short and, judging by your recent posts about him, I'd say you would be of the same mind.

He's not a player anymore, though. I think his current status falls well short and, judging by your recent posts about him, I'd say you would be of the same mind.

His current status and his status as a player are two separate things, someone as clever as you claim to be should be able to differentiate between them.

Even if they had paid £0 to a squad the losses would have been huge. £70M spent in 2 years, only around £14M of this went on player wages.

Only £14 million you say ?, are your number crunching finger numerical accounting skills running out of fingers ?

His current status and his status as a player are two separate things, someone as clever as you claim to be should be able to differentiate between them.

Of course I can, which is why I admitted earlier that I should have clarified Neville's use of the term. Surely someone as clever as you understood that post?

I've just seen the news and i can't be arsed reading back a few pages.

Correct me if i'm wrong here but..... Ally has resigned, he gets to stay on for another year & gets a pay rise.

Is that right ?

If so then i'm afraid the comedy club has just reached new levels of farce.

Of course I can, which is why I admitted earlier that I should have clarified Neville's use of the term. Surely someone as clever as you understood that post?

Have you forgotten what you've just recently posted.

Away and take a wee break from here.

You gotta give Sooper Salary credit for being financially savvy here. He knows the club is going down the shitter and is making sure when admin comes around he'll get a bigger slice of the pie when this version of Rangers gets liquidated as a bigger creditor to the club. :)

For every fiver he could have got with his current contract he gets a tenner for invoking his contractual rights. :lol: Smart man is Sally. :)

And to think people call him stupid.

Congratulations on ACTIVELY following football for forty years. Some of us have let family, work, life basically, get in the way. Well Done You.

How much time have you spent posting on P&B today alone?

You spend more time following rangers than season ticket holders do.

How much time have you spent posting on P&B today alone?

You spend more time following rangers than season ticket holders do.

Oh, I've been around on and off all day. Also managed to watch half a dozen episodes of Frasier, put the finishing touches to a 1/48 F-86 model, start on Netflix' new Marco Polo (undecided after two episodes, but I'll give it a chance), cracked off two baskets of ironing and helped Rosette 3 with her homework. We don't all spend our time on here hunched over a lappy in a darkened room, you know...

Oh, and judging by the disparity between attendance figures and bums on seats down Govan way, Bill Struth currently spends more time following rangers than a fair number of ST holders.

Looks like Ally is gonna deal at £400k-ish. I wonder if that buys his silence too, I imagine he could write a book on the shenanigans of the last couple of years that would make an absolute fortune.

Now for the question of who's next into the hotseat?

According to Jim Duffy , who should know, most if not all Managers have a confidentiality clause written into their contracts so Ally himself will be saying very little i am afraid.

Where do I say I'm offended? I simply asked why you deleted the central part of my post when you quoted me. It seemed strange, given that that was the most relevant part of my reply. You stated that I choose not to follow football, and I explained - quite politely, I think you'll agree - that I actually do go to matches when possible, coupled with an explanation of why this isn't as often as I'd like.

I thought we were talking politely and i thought i said i wasn't specifically talking about you but supporters in general who use the Work/Family excuse for not attending a game of football. You had already said you do go to games so i thought that was that covered. Do you want me to go back and edit my post to include your full post in the quote?

Archived