Super Ally gone

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume the only reason McDowall has been put in charge is because they can't afford to hire anyone else while Ally is on the payroll still

Also, this should mean, no more new signing come January

So the Ist Team coach, who was supposed to get the team playing coherent football, has now become the manager who is supposed to get them playing coherent football. Well that is a massive change. Will he still stand there with his arms crossed à la Ally or will he, like Saint Cecilia, jump up and down and wave his knickers in the air?

"Assistant manager Kenny McDowall will take over his duties until the end of the season,"

McDowall?

Really?

Will major shareholder Sally show up at the AGM with his trackie and clipboard shouting show me the deeds?

Trowel and wheelbarrow, shouting "show me the weeds", surely...

I assume the only reason McDowall has been put in charge is because they can't afford to hire anyone else while Ally is on the payroll still

I suppose it is a cost cutting exercise, assuming some sort of financial accommodation has been reached with McCoist.

It's also humiliating for him if, effectively, he's not being replaced.

Obviously, it's hardly unprecedented for a member of the managerial team to take over when the main man goes. Usually however, you assume the guy stepping up takes a payrise. You suspect that that's not the case here.

Don't you believe it! Ally will now become his unpaid, unofficial scout and will find plenty of overaged, burnt-out ex-Rangers players who want to return to Broke Park to make one last financial killing.

Appointing McDo well is a big girfuy from the Board. Did you see some of the names that the The Rangers fans were banding about? Gattuso, Laudrup, Pullis.

Plus he's an ex Celtic coach

_42427717_mcdowell203.jpg

Archived