The 11 Most Random Signings In Scottish Football

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jorg Albertz came out of retirement and signed for Clyde in 2008 at the age of 37 which was a bit odd, although it was only made possible due to his connections with our then manager, John "show me the fucking deeds" Brown.

Roy Keane at Celtic was a pointless signing as well. He mentioned it in his autobiography I'm sure, and said the only reason he signed was because Strachan said he wasn't bothered if he signed or not so Keane thought "f**k it" to spite him :lol:.

Roy Keane at Celtic was a pointless signing as well. He mentioned it in his autobiography I'm sure, and said the only reason he signed was because Strachan said he wasn't bothered if he signed or not so Keane thought "f**k it" to spite him :lol:.

It wasn't totally pointless. It increased the LOLZ by precisely 245% when Clyde papped Celtic out the cup.

Victor (ex-Captain of Spain) and Steve Archibald (ex-Barcelona) were pretty weird signings for us at the time. I remember watching them in a Scottish Cup game at Stranraer and thinking how the mighty had fallen. Weird indeed but to be fair overall Victor played well for us and looked interested. Archibald didn't.

What was random about Ljundberg signing for Celtic? Past it EPL players have for years signed for Celtic, and previously Rangers, knowing they'd get great wages for very little.

Also the article says it will list them 'in no particular order' then lists them 1-11, which is a pretty particular order.

ARBITRARY. IT'S FUCKING ARBITRARY.

haha of course it is, im not the guiness book of maurice malpas here man. Although guido van de kamp used to live across the street from me, that is my claim to fame.

nah actually to be fair, i did work experience at Dundee FC when the Bonetti era was on. I did get a free Clayton Ince goalkeeper shirt however, which was eventually sold on ebay to one lucky bidder. Its out there in the footballing world somewhere making someone happy.

Ivano bonetti driving you home from training in the van, one tactical mastermind to the next.

actually alessandro romano crossed the ball for me, which i scored a peach of a header.

but those were just my glory days before i wrote shite articles with wrong facts.

Archived