Annan Athletic v East Fife

Wot was all that about letting the away fans in with the home fans - or did the turnstile folk and the stewards no understand that just coz they play in the same colours doesnae actually mean that they can all be in together! Unbelievable and just as well Anne sorted out their young team at half time and sent them packing back to their own end. Maybe Anne should take up the head stewards job and show them how it should be done. Another scunner was the usual 'sorry nae pies left' crack at the Annan end - of course there will be nae pies left if you let all the away fans in that end to scoff them. The away pie house must have been on short time for all the pies they would have sold. Petty moans though and still a great day out and a grand result - with us getting the rub of the green for a change. Mon the Annan.

Wot was all that about letting the away fans in with the home fans - or did the turnstile folk and the stewards no understand that just coz they play in the same colours doesnae actually mean that they can all be in together! Unbelievable and just as well Anne sorted out their young team at half time and sent them packing back to their own end. Maybe Anne should take up the head stewards job and show them how it should be done. Another scunner was the usual 'sorry nae pies left' crack at the Annan end - of course there will be nae pies left if you let all the away fans in that end to scoff them. The away pie house must have been on short time for all the pies they would have sold. Petty moans though and still a great day out and a grand result - with us getting the rub of the green for a change. Mon the Annan.

To be fair we shouldn't really need segregation with teams in our own league. I'm no that bothered if we're in the same stand as long as nobody goes over the top. A bit of singing and banter should be heard more often!

We all walk in the same turnstiles at most other grounds and sit in the same stand so we can't complain with others doing it at Galabank.

Initially, I felt this was a soft award but the person with the best view in the stadium was the referee. To his credit he was right up with play and saw the incident from behind .

I overheard Naismith describing his involvement after the game . He freely admitted that he had tripped Hopkirk but was raging as the ref appeared to play advantage but then bring play back when the move broke down and penalise the foul . This appears to be harsh but it's the rules of the game these days .

Watched the penalty incident a few times now and 9 times out of 10 that would never, ever be given. I think even the Annan fans will admit that they were fortunate to get it. I don't see one player claiming for a foul as well. Looks like a draw would have been the right result but ah well.

Watched the highlights, we had a few chances to get something from the game but Annan will be battling ourselves Berwick and Clyde for 4th.

Saw a good photo of the East Fife fans with Gavin Reilly in an Annan pub with the 2-0 salute after the zombies lost. Nice.

Archived