Annan Athletic v East Fife

Wouldn't think it's in doubt. Many East Fife fans coming for your first visit to Galabank?

We really need a win after 2 bad results in the last week. We're starting to put the performances in at home though so that could be the deciding factor

25 seat bus full and the burger crew heading down in the train. Still not convinced with our style of play but cant argue with 5 games unbeaten run. I think Gary Naysmith has realised you wont get out this league playing pretty football. I would be happy to keep unbeaten run going and a draw would be a decent return, against an Annan team who have held their own at home. I think big Paige away back to the pars and our Spanish signing not eligible until January, so looks like x Brechin centre half Ewan Moyes will come out of winter storage. He actually looked good against Rangers in his last outing, but Naysmith has preferred Paige. Temperature to fall to minus 6 overnight so would hope for an early call.

I was standing right behind the goal and didn't think it was a pen. It looked like Fleming took the Annan player down and he got the ball ages before the man. Naysmith got the red so i assume the ref thought he took down the Annan player? Didn't see him do anything.

Still, apart from the spell when Cook came on, we were pretty poor so can't grumble too much about losing. There was also a stonewall penalty for handball denied to East Fife in the first half. Poor reffing.

Looks like naismiths admitted he caught hoppy and we deserved the pen so that's that then eh....great strike by SD to convert the spot kick, had a few chuckles at the game, some auld dear behind me who was East Fife through an through getting mair and mair crazy the longer the game went on...it was " och that's no a penalty " ( in the 1st half) to " no no no way is that a fucking penalty ref " " you blind b%#$tard" lol hahahaha

Looks like naismiths admitted he caught hoppy and we deserved the pen so that's that then eh....

Don't think that's quite what he said!!!

"no no no way is that a fucking penalty ref " " you blind b%#$tard" lol hahahaha

She was right!!! ;)

I think hoppy done well to get his shot away after he was hobbled fae the back by your gaffer, I honestly thought it wasn't a pen but your man says "aye I caught him" then that's it then it's a pen, I the sending of was a bit harsh but that's the rules

I thought it was a penalty. I also seen the mess of Hopkirk's ankle after the tackle. Saying that I though EF should have had a pen after Todd's handball in first half. It's tough for refs they only get one look as it happens and have to make a decision on it.

Archived