A game where you remember a

Player single handedly tearing your team to bits/running the show or just generally winning the game on his own.

A little bit of fun and a chance to appreciate a few players down the years. Latepy and an on form agathe were absolutely lethal!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Cardle for Dunfermline in the First Division. Came on as a sub and scored a hat-trick, we got pumped 4-0/4-1. I remember that being the game where, for the first time, I just wanted Ian McCall to gtf.

This is the game that came to mind when I read the OP.

We definitely scored as I remember Buchanan scoring a shite consolation fairly late on. Greg Shields was up against Cardle that day (might've been Shields debut) and he couldn't work out Cardle was going to cut inside every single time.

Leigh Griffiths for Livingston up here. He was even given the sponsors MOTM that day. Destroyed us everytime when he was at Livi, less so at Dundee and then not at all while at Hibs.

Jose Quitongo shredded us as a trialist for Morton in the Ren Cup and signed for us a couple of days later.....he was pretty rank for us but very entertaining.

Quitongo is my ultimate St Mirren cult hero, capable of waltzing past defenders for fun but then be unable to connect his foot to the ball for a shot.

Archived