Question Time

Elixir

I'm sure if they ever have an independence referendum the English will declare how much they love and care about them...

That's the only time rUK has ever gave a shit about Scotland.

Well that or whenever we kick up a fuss about trident, even then it's a patronising kind of 'sit down, son' we get.

Amusingly enough a few of the Welsh seemed excited at the prospect of trident being based with them whenever Scotland gains independence. Imagine being tragic enough to think having a nuclear missile system would be a great benefit to your country.

Watching this, I couldn't help but get the impression that most of the audience in Wales hated Wales. These were "super duper BritNat Max" characters. I don't know much about the Welsh; do the majority still see Wales as a part of England (as Henry VIII made it)? Unlike Scotland, it wasn't a signatory to the Treaty of Union nor a separate sovereign state - it was legally the west of England.

It takes a special kind of idiot to say that devolution should be reversed because you don't like what the people elected to it have done. Leanne Wood was quite right to say that, by that logic, the fool should be demanding that Westminster is abolished and UK sovereignty given away to Brussels or elsewhere if he disliked the incumbent government's record.

No idea why it didn't occur to anyone to answer the question about why the SNP are doing so well in Scotland and Plaid aren't in Wales with the obvious answer: Scotland is a different country historically and politically. One might as well ask why the Tories do so well in England but Plaid don't. It's simply evidence of intranational divergence which makes a one nation model of union untenable: we have different ideas about the future.

Laugh at Wales all you like but they've had more world class footballers in their national team in the last 20 years than we have.

Aye, but at least we have an independent cricket team.

Laugh at Wales all you like but they've had more world class footballers in their national team in the last 20 years than we have.

In all honesty Wales have been shite for the entirety of my life until Bale popped up, Bale has given them a wee bit of the x factor in recent times but they're only a Bale leg break away from obscurity again.

The oval ball carries far far more sway in the majority Wales.

Who in Kuwait should I ask? I don't believe for a second you buy the war of liberation bullshit.

Erm, the US was absolutely duty bound to intervene. Morally, militarily, whichever grounds you choose. They were obligated. The peoples of Kuwait and Kurdistan absolutely were liberated from persecutive occupation by the actions of the West in the early 90s.

Who in Kuwait should I ask? I don't believe for a second you buy the war of liberation bullshit.

I think that the vast majority of Kuwaiti civilians are grateful that Bush Sr. and Major kicked Saddam Hussein the f**k out of their country.

Erm, the US was absolutely duty bound to intervene. Morally, militarily, whichever grounds you choose. They were obligated. The peoples of Kuwait and Kurdistan absolutely were liberated from persecutive occupation by the actions of the West in the early 90s.

Aye and then we sanctioned the Iraqis for 10 years killing an estimated 1 million people. Bravo.

Also, lets not forget who made Iraqs military so powerful.

Edited by AUFC90

I hear there has been some "collateral damage" in Afghanistan today. Ironically the same number of people confirmed dead as in the US shooting in Oregon. I fully expect Obama to be on the TV tonight with similar sentiments as he displayed after Oregon. :rolleyes:

The UK meantime is busy condemning Russia for bombings in Syria that we say are not against IS. It appears that only countries that we collude with that are allowed to bomb foreign countries.

I have yet to hear the UK condemning the US for bombing a hospital that the US had been given the co-ordinates of less than a week previously and continue to bomb for 30mins after being told what they were bombing.

Of course when we look back on this in 10 or 15 years we will find some way to justify it.

Edited by strichener