Question Time

Elixir

Tbf it looked like Kennedy was still pished from the night afire

Actually feel quite sorry for the guy, never in line with his his politics, but was once agreed all round as a pretty good parliamentarian, he looked f*cked tonight and is clearly back on the sauce. Don't think a national TV audience is the right place for him just now!

Irresponsible of the BBC to let Kennedy on in that state to be fair.....They were lucky they ran out of time after the woman with the flaring nostrils started some racist nonsense..could well have kicked off at that point. Just who was that Tory woman? Can't believe the Greens have shot themselves in the foot so badly by continually putting Natalie Bennett on over the past month.Surely they have someone else who might even know some of their own policies.

Caroline Lucas ?? Edited by RedRob72

Charles Kennedy is getting on a bit. Predictable SNP xenophobia. These hawkish neo-cons do my head in. Lol, at that Labour woman who said David Cameron may experience wipe out in Scotland. Natalie Bennett is still struggling to come across to the electorate, although I'll admit the audience aren't exactly people who would consider voting for her.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Wouldn't disagree that the Greens have 'got a decent vision for society', indeed I would also accept a lot of their policies. However Natalie Bennett is a disaster,no matter the audience (and yes,it did appear to be a of a little Englander' persuation). Really need to get Caroline Lucas up front instead.

On another point, I wish they would stop talking about a Lab-SNP 'coalition',as nobody has ever mooted this..only a supply and confidence arrangement which is completely different. Doesn't fit the Tory-UKIP,Little Englander narrative though.

Edited by Jedi

Glad that guy in spectacles said that people in Scotland have as much right to return SNP MPs to the UK parliament. No one else even mentioned it on panel especially that drunken clusterfuck kennedy.

Were we not better together? For the torys to say SNP having influence in london as grubby and for the panel to confirm its a betrayal to English voters is absurd.

Wake up Scotland

I've been thinking it for ages now, but last night's show confirmed it that there is no point for me watching a QT held outside Scotland.

The points of reference and points of discussion just seems like such a huge gulf nowadays between Scottish and UK politics that it's just boring now. Last weeks was interesting and I could engage with it even if I disagreed with points etc.

Kennedy's approach to QT seems like the appropriate one. I like his style - get pissed (allegedly :whistle ), turn up with scruffy hair, suit and shirt all scruffy, and forget the stupid questions from Tories / Ukippers / Labour before you try to answer them, and then also forget what your own answer is after a few sentences, and then knowingly nod to Dimbleby.

And also use hyslop as some kind of crutch, when hyslop had nae idea what he was taking about

:lol:

:lol:

Aye, it was a pretty poor performance all round. You could tell it was going to be a bad one when his first contribution was asking the Tory to clarify what she had said nearly ten minutes previously, even though it was only tangential to the point he himself was wanting to make.

I bet the train ride back was fun, though. Kennedy and Dimbleby swinging from the luggage shelves having downed their Blue WKDs.

Considering he was half jaked, I actually thought Kennedy did better than the other politicians on the panel :lol:

The Tory was a pain in the arse, the labour one was completely clueless on pretty much everything and Natalie Bennett... ooft. What a liability she is to the greens.