Question Time

Elixir

Yea, shame the patients into taking their pills. That'll work.

I don't know what it is about the right and their insistence on reminding people that free services are paid for by tax payers. There's an obsession they have with it. 'The NHS isn't free, it's paid for by some people', with this subtle undercurrent of 'paid for by successful people to subsidise your lazy worthless life.'

If you have a moment and are interested in putting prices on things our NHS pays for, here's a wee gem courtesy of Ben Goldacre.

General Practice Extraction Service – Investigation

Mistakes in the original procurement and contract management of an IT system, designed to extract data from GP practices, contributed to losses of public funds, through asset write-offs and settlements with suppliers.

The NAO observed during its visit that the system was not working as expected and that additional costs had been incurred through a settlement with one of the main suppliers, Atos IT Services UK Ltd.

BTW QT was awful last night, utterly depressing, mind-numbing, bomb-the-brown-people&blame-the-poor, pish.

It beggars belief that this is the best we can do for politicians/panelists these days.

Hunt is so oily and smarmy you just want to flush him away.

Dimbleby is starting to lose the plot as well.

I sometimes think it would be a better programme without the panel.

It beggars belief that this is the best we can do for politicians/panelists these days.

Hunt is so oily and smarmy you just want to flush him away.

Dimbleby is starting to lose the plot as well.

I sometimes think it would be a better programme without the panel.

As I stated previously, the Aberdeen broadcast was much more entertaining during the warm-up when there were members of the audience sitting in place of the panel.

Anyone watching? Just flicked it on and noticed Tommy Shepard (sp?) on. Bickering over the budget (Personal view:is it just me or has the BBC website been under-reporting it?).

Sheppard has come across pretty well for me.

The UKIP woman is vile, unsurprisingly (as is Anna Soubry).

She's piping in "Absolutely" when the guy complains too many people are going to Uni and don't need to for social mobility, having earlier said herself "I needed to go to University to progress."

Edited by JogaBonito