Question Time

Elixir

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

"Do we really want a country that is split down the middle?" always makes me laugh. We have a country that is split down the middle on independence regardless of whether a referendum in 2023 actually happens or not. 

They don't mind being split down the middle so long as its the indy half that's ignored do they.

Watched a bit of QT, some of the audience were quick enough to point out the unionists had lost the electorate's support and the SNP were the ones listening to what they wanted, a referendum.

Hoy's media training showed, that right hand closed with the thumb on top is something Blair did.

Pam Duncan-Glancy i did not like. She is very critical but skims over the fact that if Labour have not a single policy for Scotland and would not actually do anything if elected to a position greater than opposition. The fact that The Labour Party are blocking access to the ballot box is nothing short of a disgrace.

QT was actually a semi-enjoyable watch last night.

Great to see Duncan-Glancy tear Angus Fibertson a new one.  I’ve been impressed any time I’ve watched her, and see her as potential Scottish Labour leadership material.

Perhaps it was just Fibertson’s establishmentarian ramblings that made her look good?  Who knows.

Fraser Nelson was bang on the money too.  He ALWAYS speaks sense.

Politically, I’m miles apart from Susie McCabe, but still thought she came across as genuine, authentic and likeable.  Enjoyed listening to her.

Craig Hoy actually performed slightly better than I expected.

All in all, a decent showing.  Scots often embarrass themselves on QT, but we did well here.

7 hours ago, Zern said:

They don't mind being split down the middle so long as its the indy half that's ignored do they.

Watched a bit of QT, some of the audience were quick enough to point out the unionists had lost the electorate's support and the SNP were the ones listening to what they wanted, a referendum.

Hoy's media training showed, that right hand closed with the thumb on top is something Blair did.

Pam Duncan-Glancy i did not like. She is very critical but skims over the fact that if Labour have not a single policy for Scotland and would not actually do anything if elected to a position greater than opposition. The fact that The Labour Party are blocking access to the ballot box is nothing short of a disgrace.

Blocking access to the ballot box?  What?

They are doing nothing of the sort.

8 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

QT was actually a semi-enjoyable watch last night.

Great to see Duncan-Glancy tear Angus Fibertson a new one.  I’ve been impressed any time I’ve watched her, and see her as potential Scottish Labour leadership material.

Perhaps it was just Fibertson’s establishmentarian ramblings that made her look good?  Who knows.

Fraser Nelson was bang on the money too.  He ALWAYS speaks sense.

Politically, I’m miles apart from Susie McCabe, but still thought she came across as genuine, authentic and likeable.  Enjoyed listening to her.

Craig Hoy actually performed slightly better than I expected.

All in all, a decent showing.  Scots often embarrass themselves on QT, but we did well here.

Fibertson is some of the worst patter ever seen on this board. Congratulations. 

I think the show must have been told to reign in the Tory bias after the last show where it sounds like they over did it, even for the bosses. You could see Bruce almost physically backing off from interrupting Angus Robertson after a telling from her producer through her earpiece.

9 hours ago, G51 said:

Well yes. They need to shoehorn as many Tory/Unionists as they can onto the panel. There aren’t that many up here.

I see QT Scotland favourite and Moneyweek editor Merryn Somerset-Webb, known for calling for Farage to be knighted, is busily talking down Scotland’s chance of independence because economics (we’re too poor, you know). She’s a financial expert, a real realist, and so takes the equally expert economic arguments from SLab (don’t laugh) very seriously indeed.

This is the same Merryn Somerset-Webb who, on being presented with the dire economic prognostications for her fetishised Brexit (she was a NO DEALer) on an episode of QT, bleated, “what price democracy?”

You couldn’t mark some of these creatures’ necks with a blowtorch. Unsurprisingly she’s hawking tickets for the not-at-all-Trump-University-sounding “Moneyweek Wealth Summit”. Absolutely everything wrong with the UK’s direction of 1980s-style disaster capitalism and speculation, summed up in one spiv.

Edited by Antlion