Question Time

Elixir

9 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Jacob Rees Mogg is a mild mannered maniac. He sounds terribly reasonable but anyone who pays attention realises he is talking extremist nonsense.

I can easily imagine him as the evil doctor in a James Bond film.

"You will tell me what I need to know."

So this failed UKIP candidate Orangeman Billy gets on to QT 4 times, gets his questions out each time and within a week of being outed is lashing out at the nasty SNP because he got exactly the desired response? I am stunned. It's almost as if Scottish independence is in the conversation again due to Brexit.

Expecting more of these agent provocateurs while the independence subject is hanging around like the smell of gas.

12 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Agreed, hear it again...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p070vws2

Thanks for the link, I didn't know about that programme. It was really interesting and I think they had some good points, Particularly Cosgrove saying its an indicator of a wider issue because I think that is pretty true.

13 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

Image may contain: text

Billy's response on the Livi True Blues Flute Band page.  

There is not a cat's chance in hell, that statement was written by him. Too many big words for starters

ETA. "The Innocent Nurse" was this the same innocent nurse who was outed as a liar, or is it another one I haven't heard about. 

Edited by I'm Brian

32 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

There is not a cat's chance in hell, that statement was written by him. Too many big words for starters

ETA. "The Innocent Nurse" was this the same innocent nurse who was outed as a liar, or is it another one I haven't heard about. 

Billy doesn't realise he's a nationalist - a Brit nationalist

12 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

His perspective on the subject is nonsense though. Roughly 25-30,000 people died of starvation and disease in those camps, including young children, and they were there based on their ethnic background.  

Yes but the British were running those concentration camps. Not the Nazis.

It's very different. 

[Because this is P&B, I should clarify: this is sarcasm]

Edited by yoda

2 hours ago, sophia said:

much more recent and brutal in extremis

"The Kenya Human Rights Commission has said 90,000 Kenyans were executed, tortured or maimed during the crackdown, and 160,000 were detained in appalling conditions."

Recently on another thread I made reference to a book called 'The History Thieves' by Ian Cobain.  Anyone wanting an insight into how secretive, cynical, duplicitous, brutal and immoral are the actions of th British State and it's military and civil service apparatus could do worse than to read his chapter on Kenya.