Question Time

Elixir

4 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Quite a witty response. I never knew Fiona was born there. Offhand was Terry Butcher not also born there?  

Yes he was but it is a crowded place so I am not sure that they knew each other.

FYI: Imagine the entire population of Scotland located on the Isle of Mull.  That's how crowded it is. Actually more!

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Yes he was but it is a crowded place so I am not sure that they knew each other.

FYI: Imagine the entire population of Scotland located on the Isle of Mull.  That's how crowded it is. Actually more!

Fiona Bruce and her Unilever exec Da will hardly be eating rice with the Chinese community tho.....

8 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Politicians are c***s

Fiona Bruce makes them appear human as she is the Queen Cuntress of Cuntville.

She is worse than the panel.

Get her to f**k

In my lifetime the BBC's political presenter/interviewers have gone from Robin Day to Fiona Bruce; if that's not a metaphor for the phrase 'dumbing down' then I really don't know what is.  I lasted 30 seconds last night - just as Richard Burgon made an extremely valid point about the NHS likely being shafted (my word) by the US Corporations in the event of a No Deal, Bruce immediately cut him off as Tominey sat smirking like a 13-year old lassie.

Bruce should stick to guessing the price of Elizabethan commodes on country house lawns.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

Question time was bad enough but did you see Ken Livingstone on This Week?

He did a peice on how American sanctions had severly impacted on Venezuela's economy and how Chavez was a man of the people and America where trying to circumnavigate Maduro who was legally elected.

When challenged by Andrew Neil, Esther McVey and Alan Johnson he was totally lost for answers (or they were shown up as the kind of thing moon-howlers would blurt out).  It was cringeworthy. 

While there may/may not be value in some of what he said, to come on TV with your main defence to questions being...

1. America did it.  However I do not have actual evidence other than what the Venezuelan ambassador in London told me...repeat

2. I am a retired pensioner so do not know all the facts.

3. Look lost for words.

Why does anyone watch this shit?

If it ever had any value it's long since lost it.

It's a daft pantomime, and a shite one at that. It's just accusations and false promises and avoiding answering any questions.

Edited by DA Baracus

23 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Question time was bad enough but did you see Ken Livingstone on This Week?

He did a peice on how American sanctions had severly impacted on Venezuela's economy and how Chavez was a man of the people and America where trying to circumnavigate Maduro who was legally elected.

When challenged by Andrew Neil, Esther McVey and Alan Johnson he was totally lost for answers (or they were shown up as the kind of thing moon-howlers would blurt out).  It was cringeworthy. 

While there may/may not be value in some of what he said, to come on TV with your main defence to questions being...

1. America did it.  However I do not have actual evidence other than what the Venezuelan ambassador in London told me...repeat

2. I am a retired pensioner so do not know all the facts.

3. Look lost for words.

I saw this and couldn't believe how poor he was.   While I have never liked his politics he could always back up his own argument, but not last night. 

Alan Johnson obviously thought he was talking utter rubbish but held back from destroying him live on TV.  Andrew Neil didn't hold back though, and for the 2nd week in a row totally tore apart a 'guest' on the show who basically turned up with an argument they could not actually back up.   He also put Sam Gyimah in his place several times, deservedly so. 

Not sure I like Neil though, as he IMO can be a bully, however he would have been a far better candidate to chair Question Time than any of the others that were 'interviewed'.

Time for Livingstone to disappear and enjoy his retirement. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Why does anyone watch this shit?

If it ever had any value it's long since lost it.

It's a daft pantomime, and a shite one at that. It's just accusations and false promises and avoiding answering any questions.

I have always enjoyed it and now watch it out of habit, but what you say is probably correct. 

5 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I saw this and couldn't believe how poor he was.   While I have never liked his politics he could always back up his own argument, but not last night. 

Alan Johnson obviously thought he was talking utter rubbish but held back from destroying him live on TV.  Andrew Neil didn't hold back though, and for the 2nd week in a row totally tore apart a 'guest' on the show who basically turned up with an argument they could not actually back up.   He also put Sam Gyimah in his place several times, deservedly so. 

Not sure I like Neil though, as he IMO can be a bully, however he would have been a far better candidate to chair Question Time than any of the others that were 'interviewed'.

Time for Livingstone to disappear and enjoy his retirement. 

Neil is indeed a bully. 

Not sure if this is a coincidence but it was only 3 weeks ago Owen Jones had Neil almost apoplectic when he turned the table on him regarding MSM making it easier for far right views to become more normalised. 

Since then we have had two guests on his show (James Delingpole and Ken Livingstone) that have come on with arguements which Neil has been able to  simply shoot holes through due to their poorly presented argument or bad defence of his questions. 

You would almost think he had booted his researcher in the baws and told them to go and find  a couple of patsys so he could pull them apart just to make himself look good again.

2 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Neil is indeed a bully. 

Not sure if this is a coincidence but it was only 3 weeks ago Owen Jones had Neil almost apoplectic when he turned the table on him regarding MSM making it easier for far right views to become more normalised. 

Since then we have had two guests on his show (James Delingpole and Ken Livingstone) that have come on with arguements which Neil has been able to  simply shoot holes through due to their poorly presented argument or bad defence of his questions. 

You would almost think he had booted his researcher in the baws and told them to go and find  a couple of patsys so he could pull them apart just to make himself look good again.

I expect management told his producer to find a left wing patsy to rip apart for balance after Delingpole's humiliation.

Ah the good old BBC non-bias balance. 

Like somebody already said.  You watch some of these programmes out of habit rather than for gaining any real political insight. 

If one thing Brexit really has done for the country is to show how politics is a self-service career rather than a public service post. 

While many of us knew this, the proof is now out there every day.

Fiona Bruce needs to understand her role is that of a Chairperson, which is to encourage a free exchange of views and to ensure everyone has a say. She is not there to aggressively interview the politicians on the panel and ignore the others. 

On 02/02/2019 at 17:30, Mr Spoons said:

Fiona Bruce needs to understand her role is that of a Chairperson, which is to encourage a free exchange of views and to ensure everyone has a say. She is not there to aggressively interview the politicians on the panel and ignore the others. 

Unfortunately she has picked up where Dimbleby left off. She is there to put questions posed by the audience ,not ask her own. The GUESTS they invite to give their views on various topics should be selected because they are capable to give answers to questions asked though random they may be.

47 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Tory, son of Tory, Labour nobody, Model Nobody, SNP.

Interest even though it's in Scotland? Zero.

Eunice is pro-independence, possibly SNP supporter.

Not a great fan of Hyslop on these types of shows.

Forsyth is ultra Unionist pro Brexiteer.

Don't know who Dodds is and don't really want to know either

Rifkind - son of a Tory, but could be a surprise package 

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Rifkind - son of a Tory, but could be a surprise package 

I'm only basing this on his regular appearances on the News Quiz and a few random tweets I've seen, but I don't get the impression that its a case of 'like father, like son'.

12 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

I'm only basing this on his regular appearances on the News Quiz and a few random tweets I've seen, but I don't get the impression that its a case of 'like father, like son'.

Sounds ok to me.

https://twitter.com/hugorifkind/status/1093209208995151872

38 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

He's a Tory Unionist at heart, but he seems to have a bit of common sense about him. I really don't know what to expect from him tonight