Question Time

Elixir

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Melanie Phillips inspired a young go getter like Anders Breivik to go out and pursue his ambitions which is a lot more than you can say for either the Lib Dems or the SNP.

She was on QT with Will Self when she wrote Londonistan, saying you couldn't trust Muslims because their loyalties lay elsewhere. She turned into a spluttering red faced mess when Will asked her what side she'd be on if Britain came into military conflict with Israel. Hope he wasn't a member of the Labour party.

She was on QT with Will Self when she wrote Londonistan, saying you couldn't trust Muslims because their loyalties lay elsewhere. She turned into a spluttering red faced mess when Will asked her what side she'd be on if Britain came into military conflict with Israel. Hope he wasn't a member of the Labour party.

I’d imagine Will Self could make Melanie Phillips turn into a spluttering red faced mess by asking her to define any given word from any sentence in his novels.

5 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

You can tell he’s fuming reading his autocue. Delicious 

What was that about? I do get annoyed by left and right "influencers" though, like Milo and Jones, thinking the way to win an argument is to talk rapidfire without breaking for breath or allowing interruption or space for another voice.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What was that about? I do get annoyed by left and right "influencers" though, like Milo and Jones, thinking the way to win an argument is to talk rapidfire without breaking for breath or allowing interruption or space for another voice.

Oh completely, Owen Jones is a prime example of that. However when the target of his ire is Andrew Neil it can be quite funny.

Btw I actually thought Jones spoke quite a lot of sense on the hostile environment and Windrush- Portillo was floundering, the dinosaur that he is.

I just watched it and clearly Neil wasn’t willing to let him make his (clearly correct) point. It’s laughable that Neil gets to position himself as anything other than an enabler for the far right. “In Defence of the Wehrmacht” lol.

I just watched it and clearly Neil wasn’t willing to let him make his (clearly correct) point. It’s laughable that Neil gets to position himself as anything other than an enabler for the far right. “In Defence of the Wehrmacht” lol.
What was his point, missed what he was saying before Neil broke into tears.?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:
2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

That as editor of the Spectator Neil allows the media to whip up far right sentiment. 

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:
7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

He wanted to point out that Neil is the Chairman of the Spectator which has published racist pseudo-science about the intelligence of black people and multiple articles defending Nazis and Greek fascists.

Neil decided that this would not be allowed.

Neil was properly rattled as well. Which is understandable given Jones was citing specific articles that he’s (at best)tacitly supported such as “There Needs to be More Islamophobia in the Conservative Party” and “In Defence of the Wehrmacht”.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Taki almost single handedly trashing the spectator's credentials as a halfway serious magazine. Loving it.

Side note: I am pretty sure on reflection I was at a party with Fraser Nelson who was most put out by me playing LCD soundsystem at deafening volume. Well it was a floppy haired c**t who went to Dollar so could have been any number of shitstains.

Surely you would never forget...