Question Time

Elixir

20 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Is it just me that thinks that sexy librarian looks like a hot mess?

ETA, the Liberal one, obvs not the Labour one.

Nope, you’re not alone. Borderline weird crush material, but would certainly be happy to discuss my late fees with her. About the only reason I’m continuing to watch this car crash. Tim Martin needs slapped round the head with a full keg of one of those continental lagers that he refuses to stock in his shit pubs. 

10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Rebecca Long-Bailey reminds me of one of those voodoo dolls with a gritted fixed painted sneer, that f*ckin voice btw!emoji47.png
Will Self on next week, definite miss!

There's a lot worse than him crop up with monotonous regularity.

18 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There's a lot worse than him crop up with monotonous regularity.

I saw him on stage once, half stand up and half trying to flog his new book. Picked up a few local details that he was very funny with. Had a Q+A session at the end where he was immensely patient and kind answering some truly moronic questions. Not remotely smug and condescending, think he saves that for North London media types and politicians.  

Edited by welshbairn

A strange QT in that a Leave voting area gave no support  whatever for Nadeem Zahawa ( I may have spelled it wrong) in his curious and grovelling defence of May's deal. They did get enthused by Tim's No deal now diatribes which may mean the divide is even deeper now. There were some supporters of Remain/Peoples vote but as Labour still provides constructive ambiguity that looks unlikely. It was amusing to see Nadeem attack Labour for playing politics etc as that is exactly what he did as a Brexiteer. He also wanted us to follow Lincoln in uniting a nation-has he read anything on what the Civil war did to divide Americans at the time and indeed in the years after it. I think at one point he said"you cant have acess to the single market without being in the CFP"  which I think Norway does!  The poet might as well have not been there and the Liberal is still learning her trade. Will keep watching till Dumbledore retires.

7 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

A strange QT in that a Leave voting area gave no support  whatever for Nadeem Zahawa ( I may have spelled it wrong) in his curious and grovelling defence of May's deal. They did get enthused by Tim's No deal now diatribes which may mean the divide is even deeper now. There were some supporters of Remain/Peoples vote but as Labour still provides constructive ambiguity that looks unlikely. It was amusing to see Nadeem attack Labour for playing politics etc as that is exactly what he did as a Brexiteer. He also wanted us to follow Lincoln in uniting a nation-has he read anything on what the Civil war did to divide Americans at the time and indeed in the years after it. I think at one point he said"you cant have acess to the single market without being in the CFP"  which I think Norway does!  The poet might as well have not been there and the Liberal is still learning her trade. Will keep watching till Dumbledore retires.

Did he really say that Lincoln brought a nation together? :lol: Can't watch it anymore, the guests are bad enough but the audiences make you lose hope in humanity. They should stop this selecting for some arbitrary balance, and choose them on occupation. I suggested Fishermen and long distance Lorry Drivers for the Corbyn v May thing on another thread, but you could have Nurses and Accountants, Clowns and Soldiers, all sorts of combos. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I saw him on stage once, half stand up and half trying to flog his new book. Picked up a few local details that he was very funny with. Had a Q+A session at the end where he was immensely patient and kind answering some truly moronic questions. Not remotely smug and condescending, think he saves that for North London media types and politicians.  

I've only ever seen him on HIGNFY or QT but I've always found him to be very entertaining  even if he does dress everything up with a satirical twist.

Always reminds me of the late, great Peter Cook which is no bad thing.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Did he really say that Lincoln brought a nation together? :lol: Can't watch it anymore, the guests are bad enough but the audiences make you lose hope in humanity. They should stop this selecting for some arbitrary balance, and choose them on occupation. I suggested Fishermen and long distance Lorry Drivers for the Corbyn v May thing on another thread, but you could have Nurses and Accountants, Clowns and Soldiers, all sorts of combos. 

In his blustering he rambled on about Lincoln but I would need to punish myself by watching it again. I think he may have meant keeping the states together ( by fighting a war?) in the "national interest" . His loyalty to May is just about getting ministerial advancement but when she goes , he will slide into another supportive role to her successor. Greasy Pole climber . I like your occupation irony .

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Vicars and Tarts?