Question Time

Elixir

6 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

A wee bit more than petty.  A democratic outrage, dictatorial, authoritarian, possibly illegal, deeply immoral, and showing utter contempt for the democratic wishes of an entire country.  Doesn't really compare to a vote during a football match.

I was being  facetious.

Is it just me that thinks blackford comes across as a c**t sometimes?

His NHS answer and his football answer were horribly cringey. Not difficult issues for the snp and for me he still fucked them up.

The groans are audible every time he pipes up. Just when you think the SNP have everything stacked in their favour at present, you listen to Blackford and realise why the decision on a 2nd Ref is still undecided.

The real strategists behind the Independence movement, know that they just don’t have the calibre and quality ‘up front’ in the likes of Blackford. They know he is unable to turn a sufficient number of those who are closest to changing their minds, in the event of another vote happening relatively soon.

That he continually fails to lay a glove on a government in disarray at Westminster is a pretty poor indictment on his capabilities.

Long may he continue as the SNP’s lead in the HoC for me.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

The groans are audible every time he pipes up. Just when you think the SNP have everything stacked in their favour at present, you listen to Blackford and realise why the decision on a 2nd Ref is still undecided.
The real strategists behind the Independence movement. know that they just don’t have the calibre and quality ‘up front’ in the likes of Blackford, to turn a sufficient number of those who are closest to changing their minds, in the event of another vote happening relatively soon.
That he continually fails to lay a glove on a government in disarray at Westminster is a pretty poor indictment on his capabilities.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The real strategists behind the Independence movement, know that they just don’t have the calibre and quality ‘up front’ in the likes of Blackford. They know he is unable to turn a sufficient number of those who are closest to changing their minds, in the event of another vote happening relatively soon.

SNP have 35 MP's.

Labour has 259. What have they done to call the most inept government of my lifetime to account?

13 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

What a load of utter codswallop. 

14 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Fcuk up Kinky 

29 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Well, that's me convinced. 

Remind me, Rob. Who are the alternative government-in-waiting that I should vote for at the next General Election?

In Argyll, my choices are probably Kieron Green, who didn't even stand under a Labour banner to get into the council as an Independent. Alan Reid, who even the local Lib-Dems didn't appear to realise was their elected MP,  or Alistair Redman, a total complete & utter Tory c*nt.

I'm pleading with you. Which of these incompetents should I choose to replace the excellent Brendan O'Hara?

28 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Fcuk up Kinky 

Not me, bud.  I admire young Rab's fortitude but I seldom post on this part of the forum.

The empty-headed Yessers are tediously ignorant and I have little desire to seek them out.  Seeing their posts of shame on the WC threads is plenty.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not me, bud.  I admire young Rab's fortitude but I seldom post on this part of the forum.

The empty-headed Yessers are tediously ignorant and I have little desire to seek them out.  Seeing their posts of shame on the WC threads is plenty.

2Cn2.gif

Well, that's me convinced. 

Remind me, Rob. Who are the alternative government-in-waiting that I should vote for at the next General Election?

In Argyll, my choices are probably Kieron Green, who didn't even stand under a Labour banner to get into the council as an Independent. Alan Reid, who even the local Lib-Dems didn't appear to realise was their elected MP,  or Alistair Redman, a total complete & utter Tory c*nt.

I'm pleading with you. Which of these incompetents should I choose to replace the excellent Brendan O'Hara?

Aw C’mon, nice diversion but it was a comment specifically aimed at Blackford in response to Pandarilla’s post. The Labour Front bench are equally inept at taking advantage of the Governments woeful performance at present but there must EVEN have been SNP supporters watching QT last night thinking ‘aw gonna give it a rest Big Man’?

A stubborn, narcissist who is so completely unaware and awkward in debate, a tedious opinionated bore who comes across as petty and unyielding.

Tin hat on, It’s only an opinion, I realise that there are many out there who see him as a capable operator.

Let him crack on for as long as he wishes.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Blackford always reminds me a bit of Alex Neil....a good politician but someone who comes across as ponderous and lacking in charisma.

Unfortunately, in today's TV age, that's enough to have some people criticising him without listening to the actual message he has brought across. Sadly, there aren't many Alex Salmond's around.....top-class politicians who have the knack of engaging even those who are opposed to their politics.

For what it's worth, I thought Blackford did OK in what was hardly going to be a friendly environment for him. The over-riding feeling I got is that the BBC wanted him on the panel simply to allow people the opportunity to stick it to them for daring to stop Tory MP's from watching the football.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Is it just me that thinks blackford comes across as a c**t sometimes?

His NHS answer and his football answer were horribly cringey. Not difficult issues for the snp and for me he still fucked them up.

11 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Just you.

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

You're being turned. Very disappointing

57 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Blackford always reminds me a bit of Alex Neil....a good politician but someone who comes across as ponderous and lacking in charisma.

Blackford doesn't come across well to anyone other than the SNP diehards who are already convinced. He is not going to convert anyone who is undecided. Get him punted.

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The Mansfield Town CEO is thick as pigshit

You're being a bit hard on pigshit there. 

You have to wonder at the wisdom of the BBC for inviting her on to the panel - she contributed sweet f**k all.

29 minutes ago, thisal said:

Blackford doesn't come across well to anyone other than the SNP diehards who are already convinced. He is not going to convert anyone who is undecided. Get him punted.

His walkout from the HoC prompted thousands of people to join the party, so you may want to rethink that statement.