Question Time

Elixir

“When are we going to learn from these foreign interventions.”

”We” are not. Ever. The same question is asked after every military assault. Lessons are never learnt. We’ll hear the same question asked on QT (and other shows) after the next one. And the next one. And the next one.

Foreign intervention destabilised the Middle East and has caused the deaths of millions of people.

Assad may be a murderous dictator but we were quite happy to play nice with him when it suited our agenda. Same with Saddam, Saudi Arabia, Israel and Iran and on and on. If we really wanted to help the people of the Middle East we should join up with Russia and others and wipe out ISIS. The whole thing stinks, I really can't believe that anyone innocently believes that we are invading or bombing any country for the good of the civilians who live there.

I put Labour in the bin after Iraq and will never trust politicians again.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Foreign intervention destabilised the Middle East and has caused the deaths of millions of people.

Assad may be a murderous dictator but we were quite happy to play nice with him when it suited our agenda. Same with Saddam, Saudi Arabia, Israel and Iran and on and on. If we really wanted to help the people of the Middle East we should join up with Russia and others and wipe out ISIS. The whole thing stinks, I really can't believe that anyone innocently believes that we are invading or bombing any country for the good of the civilians who live there.

I put Labour in the bin after Iraq and will never trust politicians again.

Fair comment - good post.

But I think it would be fair to say that millions would have died in the Middle East without foreign intervention.

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

“When are we going to learn from these foreign interventions.”

”We” are not. Ever. The same question is asked after every military assault. Lessons are never learnt. We’ll hear the same question asked on QT (and other shows) after the next one. And the next one. And the next one.

You could make the same post about social work,police and NHS.

Noticed on This Week, Andra and Hitchens fell out over Weetabix Heid's inability to comprehend English.  Thought the big man wasnae looking too well mind you, his make up appeared to be sweating off.

Edited by Lurkst

2 hours ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

Only watched the first 15 minutes, and turned over to STV2 for Peter & Roughie's Football Show.

Watched it all: Liz Truss a robot/Emily Thornberry waffles too much but kept being interrupted by Dumbledore/Guardian journalist ok/but I was worried that apart from Brexit I was agreeing too much with Ian Dale who said the UK has a racist immigration set up which puts into perspective all the Tories who say the UK has always been welcoming to immigrants, and the Brexiteers who now say the EU Referendum did not rely on "anti immigrant" feelings to win the vote. Vince Cable was as relevant as usual but claimed it was hard to be the leader of a Party in a 2.5 Party FPTP system -ignoring the fact that the SNP are the third largest party in Westminster, and his PR referendum failed miserably to end FPTP.  

Simon Evans - unfunny comedian 

Diane Abbott - thick as shit in the neck of a bottle

Caroline Lucas - sticks to her guns

Matt hand in Cock -  Tory taker never a giver

Jennifer Robinson - Sexy wummin who'll get you flung in the pokey

Edited by dirty dingus

I'm not much of a fan of Martin Lewis, but he's been laying down the telts on these jabronies all night long. If you smell what Martin Lewis is cookin.